Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5579&start_row=11

Empress Menen Earthstrong

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 3/28/2014 1:31:15 PM

Yes I, this is when the Earthstrong of His Majesty is:

Gregorian calendar: Wednesday 23 July 2014
Ethiopian calendar: Rebue 16 Hamle 2006

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/28/2014 1:33:32 PM

Give thanks

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/28/2014 1:43:21 PM

Give thanks for clearing this up.

I like the way you posted the dates above in that, I think when referring to the Ethiopian calendar one should use the Ethiopian months and date; and when using the Gregorian, one should stick to the Western months / dates. Avoids the going back and fourth.

I wonder what system they used before the Coptic now Ethiopian calendar as we know it today.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 3/28/2014 1:46:21 PM

That is not the Gregorian date. That should be 25 Magabit 1883 and not 25 March. The I said this:

We are told the Empress earthstrong according to the Ethiopian calendar is 25th March / 'Hidar'

That date falls on 4th December this year and thats when her earthstrong should be celebrated if ones are following the Ethiopian calendar.

So with 25th March the people refer to 25 Magabit that means that the Earthstrong should not be celebrated on 4 December but instead on 3 April. That is what the I said that it should be celebrated on 4 December if ones are following the Ithiopian calendar which is certainly not true. Yes I know what the I means I and I dont have to convert everything from Gregorian to Ethiopian and also the contrary if I and I use Gregorian names and dates when using that calendar and the same with the Ithiopian calendar. And I think that the Coptic calendar comes from the Egyptian calendar.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/28/2014 1:52:23 PM

I dont overs what your trying to now say .

The Gregorian date is April 3rd

The Ethiopian date is 25 Mekawit (according to the I)

Yet we are told from various sources:

"Empress Menen Asfaw (Baptismal name Walatta Giyorgis) (25 March 1883 Ethiopian Calendar"

So what I have now noticed, to make the statement above; what the 'scholars' have done is pointed out the 25 March on the GREGORIAN calendar and said this is the day they celebrate in Ethiopia (But that is NOT March 25th on the ETHIOPIAN / Coptic Calendar)

+If you read I done give thanks for your provision of the 25 Mekawit date which makes it much clearer and stops any confusion...... I am not disputing what you have said. Maybe you misinterpret me

GIVE THANKHS AND PRAISE

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 3/28/2014 2:01:07 PM

No Iman dont misinterpret the I but what I was saying is that the Gregorian date is April 3rd and the Ethiopian date is 25 Magabit. Yes I know that various sources like Wikipedia say this: Empress Menen Asfaw (Baptismal name Walatta Giyorgis) (25 March 1883 Ethiopian Calendar). But thats because they did not use the name Magabit but March because Magabit starts on 10 March which is only a part of March. I dont think the scholars mean what the I mentioned because the Earthstrong is on 3 April and is not even in March. 22 Yakatit is 1 March and 22 Magabit is 31 March. And from 23 Magabit to 30 Magabit is from 1 April to 8 April. Give thanks..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/28/2014 2:04:06 PM

Yes I, everytime

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 4/3/2014 2:10:47 AM

Today is the true earthstrong of Empress Menen. Give Ises.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I