Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5573&start_row=1

Personal Test / Inner Strength

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 3/21/2014 8:33:55 AM

Greetings
I dont usually bring personal situations to the forum, prefer it iniversal, but, here's I situation, if any can relate.

I am sole provider to my son. The father has been around here and there and things are now amicable after years apart. I find it easier now to deal with the father without any resentment, but lately he has been attempting to cross bridges long time burned. He is the father of my son and we spent some years together, but our paths crossed more than became one. His own father is vegan hebrew Isrealite but he identifies more with hiphop culture. Not knocking him, but for me, its not about materialism, I am on a spiritual path - one that provides for my sons needs as well as mine. You could say that our differences compliment each other but I see it that we are moving in opposite directions so we are better off parenting apart. Its easier said than done persuading someone to see life from a different perspective. Is it lazy to want to bind to someone walking the same path? Can people genuinely change or will they fight you for your difference? He is mixed race and physically beautiful, but this, in this babylon culture that prizes the physical, has made him vain and materialistic, with weak connection to spirit.

Its like my old self is rising up to face my current self, I am still distracted with the physical, but not moved. Spiritual wealth is so much more valuable than material (including the body) - I know this to be true and I am reminding Iself. I dont need to learn this one again. I know men will use the word love without knowing it themselves, its a way to affection, women need love to feel safe, but real love? much deeper. Even though I may be turning down being a 'family', I have to be true to Iself.

Give thanks for the test.

Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/21/2014 8:45:37 AM

Blessed Sistren. Do as you feel, as long as the man know Rasta livity never compromise for nobody. Him have to deal with the full Rastafari Sister and her strong Rastafari livity and ideology. Don't compromise out this ting, especially not for the youthman upbringing. Up to the father if he can deal with that kind of energy. Yes Queen, being true to the I self / full transparency. Isis

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/21/2014 10:15:02 AM

Hola Sister, the Iwombman have I&I full empathy. The emotions and feelings of love do not care if the object is on the same path - this I&I know too well. Personally I feel it is better to be partnered with one with like Ivictions and a drive to live upful in Rastafari just as the Iwombman has. This will create the strongest bond and an Inified purpose, whereas the man Iwombman speak of will probably find it hard to work toward a common goal (Zion).
But all of the logic does not make the feelings go away, and having a child together only makes the emotional bonds stronger.
Strength and joy in Rastafari, blessed Empress. I&I JAH guide.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/22/2014 6:59:32 AM

First, I would like to say give Ises for the strength the I got,Sister.
The I is so strong indeed,because its not easy for a woman to play the role of mum and dad.
I think G.A's advise is a must,do not compromise Rastafari for anything or anyone.Stand firm

The hotter the battle the sweeter the victory.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 3/22/2014 5:09:13 PM

Much respect and gratitude. Those words came to me clear the other day - stand firm in Jah. Why compromise truth for dellusion, let dellusion evaporate. I shall stay grounded and let the man be.

Blessed Love.

Messenger: Eric Keith Smith Sent: 3/24/2014 4:16:57 PM

Your story fills me with much hope and inspiration, Sister. I give thanks.

"Even though I may be turning down being a 'family', I have to be true to Iself."

This line in particular resonated with me, because at one stage my own Mother was distressed with my journey on the road that I have been blessed to walk upon.

I give thanks once more.

Messenger: Eric Keith Smith Sent: 3/24/2014 4:16:57 PM

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/24/2014 6:34:21 PM

Give tAnkhs Impress! Iman get strength from d I'mpress fa da stand firm fa weh I deh at ain no Iritical wombman no I consciousness but I'mpress gi I courage fa da hold on an kno Iman an Iwombman shall connect. Try wit gal wha still sleep but seem no wakin fa dem so Iman jus a hold off fa na. Blessed!!

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I