Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5564&start_row=51

Origin of the white race

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/29/2014 1:25:41 PM

I overstand the word sound power when ones hears the name Ham and they don't want it to be a name for their people. I and I are not pigs, not pork, not Porky Pig. Thing is Ham in Hebrew has nothing do with pigs.

Ham in Hebrew comes from the word "cham" which means hot or warm. In hebrew Ham is pronounced "khawm" not "ham".

As for the English word ham it's origin: Middle English hamme, from Old English hamm; akin to Old High German hamma ham, Greek knē;mē; shinbone, Old Irish cnáim bone

English Definition of HAM

a : the hollow of the knee
b : a buttock with its associated thigh —usually used in plural
: a cut of meat consisting of a thigh; especially : one from a hog
[short for hamfatter, from “The Ham-fat Man,” minstrel song]
a : a showy performer; especially : an actor performing in an exaggerated theatrical style
b : a licensed operator of an amateur radio station
: a cushion used especially by tailors for pressing curved areas of garments

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 3/29/2014 1:28:55 PM

Ham (Khawm) in Hebrew, is not the same as ham in English. Let's not get it twisted.

Blessed Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/29/2014 4:10:23 PM

Give thanks. It may be semantics but when midnite made that lyric I'm sure he was aware the biblical ham didn't mean pig, but, it sound funny style. Despite the etymology, Rasta are not about to start referring to themselves as HAM. No matter what the reasoning is that wordsound can't work

+ the 'curse' is still foolishness..... As for the story of Noah, well il try and be respectful.

Haile

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 3/30/2014 4:31:16 AM

GA- I can tell you from experience as a recovering ex-Catholic that the catholics are too 'fond' of their church children as you suggested, but they don't worship satan, IMHO....they believe that God has given them the right to do whatever they please-even if it's wrong(while telling everyone else to repent, too) Some believe they are saved and they have a set place in heaven. Therefore, they will receive no punishment for their bad deeds. And all the while, everyone but themselves is a sinner. God is the ultimate power to them

I seriously resent the Catholic church. I will never be the same again

anyway....back on topic. DO we know yet where white people came from? I'm content with believing that Jah created us - that's all I need to know

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/30/2014 5:40:32 AM

Bless up Jah Dub. Well it's true what you say, and they are taught to believe in this way from the bible. It's the bigger-heads who I question. I don't think the Pope believes in a God. I believe the Catholic / religious leaders know the power of Religion and the control it has on people. That's what they believe in. And deal with secret societies and conspiracy all the while.

And it depends what you mean by where they came from. The earliest archeological evidence of European / Caucasian civilisation has been around the Caucusus mountains. That's not to say the first Caucasian was 'created' there. But anything before that is theoretical.

Jah Dub, if (IF) man did evolve over history to what we know it as today - who is to say that this was not still the creation / intention of Jah? No theory can disprove the intentions of Jah

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 3/30/2014 8:55:57 AM

GA- I believe Jah created us and we have evolved. I guess I'm not so concerned with the actual origin of the white race in particular.

One theory, tho, is the we were created as one race in one location (likely the black race in Africa) and after many millennia we were separated geologically and we evolved differently to have different color skin and slight variations in appearance, language, etc

But, really, tho......That's just a thought. I don't get to caught up in thinking about it

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I