Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5560&start_row=1

Egyptian Wall Paintings

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/9/2014 12:42:38 AM

I was looking at some Egyptian wall paintings, and thought it would be good to make a Reasonings to show them. Instructions on posting the image are underneath the box where the I types your Reasoning.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/9/2014 6:57:12 AM

Some time ago I used to have a few similar paintings in I house.I have a question concerning this thing I was reasoning about with an Idren.He was telling I that as Rasta it's OK to worship or glorify hindu gods and egyptian gods if you want to,and that he himself accept lord Shiva as the god of gods.So I question is:is it realy OK to do this,and not considered betrayal of Haile Selassie I,InI living God? Also I read in a Psalm:If we would stretch forth our hands unto another god,shall not JAH search this out... So I realy don't know what to think about this thing and the I's opinion would realy help. JAH GUIDANCE AND ITECTION;RASTAFARI;.MENEN I;

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2014 1:02:58 PM

Great share Ark-I.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/17/2014 6:57:53 AM

Here is some speech i read in the Material and Spiritual Progress Speech of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I Jah Ras Tafari

Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen.

No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge of the ways of God.

And the hindu or indian gods and goddesses are Ithiopians. The Egyptians also came from the Ithiopians.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/17/2014 7:57:16 AM

Give thanks Melchezidek.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2014 9:16:14 AM

MEMPHIS TRINITY

PTAH (father-creator; left),
SEKHMET (mother-healer,protector; right),
NEFERTEM/RAMESSES II (son, sun, one of the most powerful Kings of the Ancient world; middle)

Again the trinity = FAMILY CONCEPT. (No all male....)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2014 8:56:08 PM

Anyone name all four symbols?

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/25/2014 9:25:47 PM

Khepera, Shen, Ankh, Heru I Ujat! Bless up fa d sightings Fyah! More fyah I post summa Andinkra fa d I dem. Ifrica Rooted!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2014 11:17:57 PM

Got it in one my brother, and kept away from the Greek names.

Can anyone give a meaning for each symbol?

Ankh
Shen
Eye of Heru
Khepri (/Scarab)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/25/2014 11:28:43 PM

SHEN

Encircle.
Life eternal / everlasting
Pictured above, as the rings on a tangent line in the hands of the falcon of Heru
Used in the MDU NTR to encircle the name of the Gods / Pharoahs to represent their everlasting life cycle. The Royal names are encircled within the elongated-Shen / Cartouche.

Wikipedia re: 'Eternal' ..... at least they have started to give credit.

"Eternal return (also known as "eternal recurrence") is a concept that the universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur, in a self-similar form an infinite number of times across infinite time or space. The concept is found in Indian philosophy and in ancient Egypt and was subsequently taken up by the Pythagoreans and Stoics. With the decline of antiquity and the spread of Christianity, the concept fell into disuse in the Western world"

Cartouche:

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I