Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5553&start_row=11

JESUS?????????

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/7/2014 10:18:01 AM

Yes Fyah Iman know dey diff, even Voodoo diff from Vodou and Vodun jus as Ifa diff form Afa but wat Iman Mean is Ifrican spirituality which is essentially diff denominations of d same spirituality. Obeah is most likely West Indian spelling of da Igbo Obia tho some wud say da Twi Obayifo, but da system prolly incorporates elements from all over West/Central Ifrica and mayb some Carib influence. Even tho dey call it Voodoo in LA da Ewe/Fon/Aja (who Vodun come from)people weren't a majority in LA. Congo/Angola was majority with Senegambia(Wolof/Fula/Mande/Bambara being first and Igbo da last. So Voodoo wud prolly have influence from of these mainly Congo I guess but wit da Haitian comin dey prolly reimburse da Dahomey elements in words and names in Voodoo but LA creole French was more influence by Senegal. So I wud dey are diff but da same at d root. Iman Bless up ALL Truth for Africa Lovers
Truth for Africa Lovers
Truth about Africa & Christianity
Truth about Afrocentricity
Truth about the gods & Afrikania
Truth about Amen-Ra
Truth about Trokosi & shrine slavery
Truth about Sankofa -- Back to our African Roots
TRUTH ABOUT THE "GODS' AND AFRIKANIA
What is the truth about the "lesser gods" worshiped in African traditional religions?

Who is the God that virtually every African knows?

Virtually every African knows and acknowledges that there is a supreme God, the Creator of all things, the Creator of human life. This Creator is called by various names, but nearly all Africans acknowledge the existence of such a Creator. For instance, one of the most popular Adinkra sysmbols from the Akan peoples of Ghana is the Gye Nyame, meaning "ONLY GOD".

This belief in one Supreme Creator is one that African traditional religions share with Christians, Jews, and Muslims, who also believe in one Creator God. It can't be better stated than in the words of the Bible: "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth, and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God" (Psalm 90:2).

Then what are the "lesser gods"?

The point at which African Christians differ with African traditionalists is on the point of the so-called "lesser gods". Both agree that God created all spirits, so He created these spirits as well. African traditionalists insist that God created these lesser gods for our benefit, so they reason that we may worship them, implore their help, make images to represent them, offer libation and blood sacrifices to them, seek wisdom from them through various means of divination, etc. Some traditionalists become very angry at even the suggestion that these lesser gods might in fact be demons or devils or evil in any way.

Christians actually agree that God created spirit beings, sometimes called angels, and that He created them good. Everything God made was good. God being perfect, how could it be otherwise? The words of the Bible are so appropriate:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and behod resistors and fighters, NANNY, BOUKMAN, TOUSSANT, NAT TURNER, BOGLE, And ST. MALO AND ALL IN POINTE COUPE REBELLION OF MY HOME STATE LOUISIANA

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/7/2014 10:48:21 AM

Give thAnkhs and praise. This one deserve a new thread in itself. I endorse them knowledge deh, yes I.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/7/2014 12:59:06 PM

Well sumbdy added to my post but it was good, Life Up!!!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/7/2014 6:10:48 PM

Enlightening reasonings brothers, give thanks.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I