Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5547&start_row=1

All dem wha cut da hair!

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/2/2014 9:39:04 PM

Ina Good News ible JeremiYah 25:23 say all the people nem wha cut dey hair short got punish. KJV say dem at outmost corners. Iman also hav a English translation of da eastern Aramaic Peshitta text dat sat dem wha cut dey beard, so why KJV and some other say outmost corners or dem over da sea?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/3/2014 8:39:08 AM

Greetings;I think the I made a mistake,Iman just read Jeremiah 25:23 and it say nothing about hair.The I should check the chapter-verse again. GUIDANCE;

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/3/2014 4:02:14 PM

What version is d I reading? If d I using King James it ain in deh, dat da point Iman was makin but if u check a Good News version and d English Peshitta Iman have it say it in dem 2 deh! 25 is but da wrath YAH/JAH an d nations drink of d cup of Egypt and in vs 23 weh it say all those in d outer most corners in KJV it say all those who cut their hair short or beard in GoodNews and Peshitta. Why is dis? Mayb purposely mistranslation by babylieing?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/3/2014 4:59:25 PM

Yes I;this another example of mistranslation and editing of the Bible (especially the KJV).here is the website with all the different translations of the same verse: Jeremiah 25:23

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/3/2014 5:08:55 PM

I don't think that the part about the hair was added in some versions,but it was rather cut out and changed in the others(although it's hard to tell).the reason they did this I Iself would like to know...

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/3/2014 7:18:12 PM

Bless up fa da site I, it's like half say hair and half say far places???

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/3/2014 7:18:12 PM

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/3/2014 7:29:56 PM

Yea.And this couldn't just be a small mistranslation or mistake,coz cut hair and far places are two completely different things,dat mean they purposely changed it when editing the bible seen...

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/3/2014 7:36:35 PM

Yes I, same what I say to Iself!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/4/2014 12:37:01 AM

I find the King James version to be better than many of the other English bibles. What I found in some of the other versions is what appear to be mistranslations, or they take a scripture that has multiple meanings and they only take one them, and they often take the meaning with the least strength.

For the scripture you are referring to, the Torah agrees with what the King James version says.

25:23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners.

Here is another comparison, first the KJV version

Genesis
49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

The Good News Bible says

49:22 Joseph is like a wild donkey by a spring,
A wild colt on a hillside.

Torah
49:22 Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a fountain; its branches run over the wall.

Here are some comparisons between the KJV and NLT (new world translation)

John
KJV
17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

NLT
17:11 Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are.

Instead of oneness, they want to make it just about unity.

KJV
17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

NLT
I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

Instead of "that they also may be One in Us", they say "may they be in us"

KJV
17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

NLT
17:23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

Instead of "that they may be made perfect in one", "may they experience such perfect unity"

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I