Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5541&start_row=11

Blood Sacrifice

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/28/2014 10:13:34 PM

Brother Ark I,
Yes the concept of Yeshua's sacrifice described here makes sense.
The thing that still doesn't:
"The sacrifice of animals was there to cause people to acknowledge their sin." By murdering an innocent animal??

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/28/2014 10:14:53 PM

Give thanks Idren for the sharing of scriptures.
Hallelu JAH iternally.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/28/2014 10:34:00 PM

Like I said, I feel that it come from man, not God. For whatever reason, many people in the world made a connection between sacrifice and forgiveness. It is probably because of the importance people placed on Flesh for their own sustenance, so by praying and offering the scent of the flesh to God, they felt it something God would desire. A lot of time people think that God thinks like them and has their desires, instead of realizing that they need Learn to think like God.

The people would eat the sacrifice, so it is not like they would just burn the animal to nothingness. Eating flesh is not the Trod of RasTafarI people because it interferes with I and I Irits and Purpose, but it is acceptable for other people. The Creator created I and I with the ability to eat and process both flesh and vegetables.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/1/2014 12:07:01 AM

Animal sacrifice as man's invention is the most logical explanation - but what does that mean about the laws of Moses?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2014 12:19:22 AM

All Righteous Teachings are the Heights of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. The laws of Moses were written by man, and the Righteousness within it is from Jah. Some laws were moral laws, others were health related, whether health for people or health for the land.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/1/2014 10:23:51 AM

JAHchild, I enjoyed your reasoning. Agree 99% maybe up until the part about that particular 'book collection.' I have or had the same thoughts about plant based foods and the 'killing' of plants. However it must be remembered plants are regenerative. Also, when dealing with fruit + veg, if one picks a soursop (for example) from the tree, the tree no dead. You see it? When dealing with cultivation, most farmers will naturally try and 'hold the strain' and anyone involved in Ganja can relate. So by eating plant based foods is this the same as taking a life like if one was to eat meat? I would say no but it's a difficult and interesting concept of reasoning; I shared your same thoughts at one stage of I trod. Give thanks

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/2/2014 6:39:09 PM

Give thanks Iyah

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I