Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5536&start_row=11

the light of JAH

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/1/2014 10:58:03 AM

To deal with the light of Jah would be to deal with metaphorical explanations of that which cannot be literally explained by the limitations of Western language.

To speak originally. LIGHT as in relation to 'God' as far as EyE can see leads me right back into Africa, and especially our friend Kemet. The LIGHT from the SUN is the first requirement for life as the Ancients saw it. From daylight........ to photosynthesis required for plants and food....... to the relationship of light and melanin. This is where I believe the origins of light and god came. This is why the Pharoahs of old often had Sun discs above their head in the Mdu Ntr. The most important 'God' of ancient times was Ra, the Sun God.

So to deal with the light of Jah is to deal with the life and energy given to us from Jah as with the Sun and its rays, as with the way the Ancients viewed their Gods and Kings.

But i see this as strictly meta (phorical or physical). As I could also reason on the DARKNESS / Blackness of Jah...All light comes from darkness... But we will leave it there.

Haile.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/1/2014 12:17:30 PM

True GA.Ithiopeans used to worship the sun untill Queen Makeda was told about the God of Israel by Negus Solomon and from then she and Her people worship only HIM.When InI Speak of the light of JAH InI don't just speak about something phisical that can be seen,but InI speak of the Iritual,therefore Ark I gave the best explanation of the light of JAH by saying it is the Irits;surely it is also connected to what is seen,like the sun and all Iration like I mentioned in the former post,but like the I said it can not be explained by words,coz the Irit can also not be explained. Ises I;RastafarI;

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/1/2014 1:42:03 PM

Book of Enoch 61
6 And all who dwell above in the heaven received a command and power and one voice and one light like unto fire.
7 And that One (with) their first words they blessed,
And extolled and lauded with wisdom,
And they were wise in utterance and in the spirit of life.
8 And the Lord of Spirits placed the Elect one on the throne of glory.
And he shall judge all the works of the holy above in the heaven,
And in the balance shall their deeds be weighed

RA

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I