Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5524&start_row=61

Phisycal activity on the Holy Sabbath?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/16/2014 10:01:06 AM

You must set yourselves up as examples of determination and hard work. Plan your time and use both your physical and mental powers purposefully and productively.

We must remember that man’s achievements in the field of wireless communications, aviation, medical sciences and many others have been accomplished through the ages by patience and hard work, diligence, perseverance and tenacity. It is in the light of these that We urge Our youth to struggle constantly and unceasingly to achieve their aims.

-Address to The Nation on His Tour
-People are Wealth of Nation

We cannot fly in the face of the Almighty, nor can We afford to be idle. Now that the time of mourning has come to an end, the public and our officials must attend to their duties. As idleness is injurious to the welfare of the country, as from Monday everyone should return to his work.

-Passing of Empress Menen

It is our wish to assure the spread of education among all African People as much as among our own subjects.

-Education

We need educated and trained persons for research, for the study and development of our country's resources, for technology, for medicine, for the law, and the administration of our people according to their customs.

-Education for Intellect and Spirit - At Faculty of Law

Our Address from the Throne therefore testifies to the importance which We attach to education and, at the same time, to your role as representatives, in the development and progress of Our people....

-H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/16/2014 3:01:30 PM

Yes Iyah.
Iman Nate, since idleness and relaxation don't equate to Ites of Irit or Innection with da Most High, why Iman questioning physical activity on Shabbat? It sounds like the I already know the answer.
Give thanks for the words of His Majesty, always encouraging I&I.
Education is not just a word the I throws around. The reason JAH stands for education is that I&I know it leads to Truth. So on Shabbat man should study to know the Truth, as our Father has always advocated.
And man should study always to keep growing - so does that make every day Shabbat? But Iman still have to perform physical activities. JAH is more pleased that Iman is studying than JAH is angry with man for playing soccer, on whatever day that "Shabbat" was supposed to be on - which who really knows anyway?

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 3/16/2014 5:57:15 PM

Yes I JAH child.

The I said it sounds like I already know the answer.It's not realy "the" answer Iman was looking forward to when posting this reasoning,coz there is not just one answer wich is right about the Sabbath.Some Iya's don't keep the Sabbath at all,some think on the Sabbath InI must rest completely,and some think InI can keep the Sabbath and be active at the same time.I don't see any of these views as right or wrong,coz each Ras just does what he thinks is best.So the real reason I asked this was to see the different opinions on this,coz Iron sharpeneth Iron.

Haile I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/17/2014 1:06:59 PM

Seen Iyah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 64

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I