Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5523&start_row=1

Rasta with High Blood pressure!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 2/19/2014 1:54:41 PM

Greetings to InI breddrens and sistren in the name of Jah Rastafari! InI is a Rasta in the states, and fi de longest time InI has suffer from high blood pressure. American docs want to put the I on meds, but InI is against chemicals. What does the Idrens take for this? any herbal solutions? Jah guide and protect the I's.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/19/2014 6:07:38 PM

Iditate and adopt an excessively low salt diet, exercise regular, if you smoke tobacco now is the time to quit. Babylon medication for blood pressure are life long, the natural way is life changing. Still , how high are we talking? If your in a semi stroke situation then medical advice would be best..... I assume you mean a 'little' blood pressure.

Most of the time it's inaccurate anyway. White coat syndrome. Take home measurements instead.

And if your of African lineage and choose to use western pharmaceuticals for blood pressure, google search the brand name and look for the drug type: 'ace inhibitors' can do more harm than good for black people. Search: 'hypertension African Americans' for more on that.

Haile selassie I
Good health

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/19/2014 9:25:50 PM

Lots of meditation (calm deep breathing) lowered my blood pressure.

Ital is vital, vital is ital. High blood pressure is not vital, remove all that's not ital, increase all itality, and just vitality will remain.

Every thought word feeling and action will either raise blood pressure or decrease it. Blessed soul with Jah choose positive vital Conscious choices.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/19/2014 10:33:00 PM

If the I is stressed, the I should find a way to release it. Acupuncture can be used to lower high blood pressure.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/20/2014 2:00:57 AM

Lemon grass,garlic and garlic can help too

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/20/2014 4:25:14 AM

I have no personal experience of high blood pressure but hawthorn is recommended among others, as is parsley. Be careful if you are thinking of combining herbs with prescriptions medicines. Do some research and I would always take a global approach i.e. look at lifestyle, diet, excersize, relaxation and do what you need to do. If you cannot avoid those things or situations that cause the problem, look at your approach to the problem and your reactions, this may help.
Jah guide.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/20/2014 2:48:53 PM

I'd just like to add emotional stress / stressful situations / anger etc have no bearing whatsoever on having a 'high blood pressure.' This is a common misconception

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/20/2014 2:49:59 PM

according to Western science that is..

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/20/2014 3:46:20 PM

True, I have always had low blood pressure, but plenty of stress!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2014 8:33:51 PM

Stress may not be a cause of long term high blood pressure, but they say that it still has a negative effect for people with high blood pressure.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I