Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5507&start_row=41

They took the woman out of the trinity and....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/15/2014 11:20:36 AM

I agree with Planno's statement and have said the same thing before. In regards to Dr Ben, do some research and the I will see the various criticisms about the things he claims. Although, I don't know of there is a point because if what they say doesn't fit with what the I wants to hear, the I will just say they are telling lies.

The I said,
--------------
Its a fact twelve tribe reasoning is the most pseudo Christianised of the Rastafari sects
---------------

Yes, that is true, as it is also true that in general, the twelve tribes are not strict with RasTafarI Livity and Order, when compared to other RasTafarI.

What about I question about Nyahbinghi and Bobo? Just because people deal with the Bible and Yeshua, doesn't mean they are twelve tribes. So why would you jump to accuse people of that, just because they are defending things on the Bible?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/15/2014 11:33:38 AM

OK

I have read criticisms of Haile Selassie. I have read criticisms of Dr Ben. Its up to the individual once he has read both sides of the argument to use his discern to come to some form of a judgement. So for you to say Dr Ben is misleading I would be interested in knowing what lead you to this conclusion? Yes some people have criticized him, people have criticized everyone, but why do you say it?

Dr Ben, the Ethiopian Beta Israelite, has been awakening our people and dispelling the lies of white supremacy since the 1930s. He has been doing this to a people barely 50 years off the plantation. Without him, there would be no Ashra Kwesi, no talk of Kemet, Nubia, and much of what we know now as Ethiopian history would still be undisclosed. Dr Ben showed us from early not to demonize our indigenous religions like Voodoo and Obeah, and in turn, ourselves. For me, people can criticize individual statements here and there as for with any scholar, but the legacy of Dr Ben is set in stone.

For the Bobo / 12 tribe thing: I agree with the I. The only difference is historically, Twelve Tribes have been strict in their beliefs on Jesus. To the point of physical fighting - all punch and kick - over the belief and unwillingness to reason differently. Binghi, Howellite, Boboshante have all had members who use or dont use the Bible. In these mansions, the belief in Jesus is not a requirement from the Idem. For the significance they place more in the livity, and some would say the idea of black supremacy. So these reasonings about JC and such are common among many of the other mansions..... not so much 12 tribe.

Thats the vibe that has been sent across on some occasions by certain members of this forum who will not entertain the idea of entering such a reasoning. 'Haile Selassie is the second coming of Jesus Christ and I dont care about any reasoning or logic or history' type of mentality.

Still, all is not lost. there are brethren on this site who do believe in Jesus for example, but can still enter into reason and logical debate about the subject.

Evidence based reasoning versus belief based reasoning maybe...

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/15/2014 12:16:09 PM

Ras garvey, the i trully knows the power of mind and what it can do to i n i. Has the i watched a movie called Revolver directed by guy ritchie and jason statham is the main actor? Its a very philosophical, religious, spiritual and all thei can think off. They use the concept of egyptology in the movie if u only pay keen attention while watching. I highly suggest to the i to watch it like 3 times but not in one sitting though lol.

The other day i n i was reasonin with a yute bout H.I.M and hes quite new in the journey of enlightenment. The i was stating that believing or worshiping H.I.M is very wrong and its not logical. The i then asked what he meant by that and he said that He is not a God and hes been publicized too much like che guevara to the point hes a marketing strategy. I n i then said that i could stop a yute on the road and ask him bout malcolm x or martin luther and they will obviously state what they were about and their struggle, but when asked about H.I.M theyd say hes a king/God who everyone likes to praise and what not. What they dont realeyes is that they have no idea the kind of works H.I.M did or why he is considered such a big hype. Theres a bandwagon filled with confusion and ignorance which most people are on and that is what they think they know. When the i talked about the movie revolver, i n i will see how that concept is created coz it all starts from the mind thus the illusion becomes a reality. If a yute can actually take time to reasearch about H.I.M and all the great works he did, how he conducted his family, country and life you will realeyes that this man is no joke and trully should be revered.

Che guevara was the person who led i to rastafari because he was trully a revolutionary of the people. The cia knew tht by killing him he will become a legend thus they decided to flood the streets with his pictures and hype him up to be a man of greatness but they wont reveal the type of works he did because he was trully against the amercan govt in latin america. We need to now stop this illusion and start studying, open up our minds and let it grow rootically the way Jah intended. When a bredrin states why the bible is of great importance and refuse to learn more about the world which existed before the i was even born, theyll realeyes that a lot has happened to the point where sticking on a book is not enough. One cannot record the whole istory in a book called the bible because time is infinity before we existed and after, time will always be infinity.
We should change our ways of reasoning fully and know the truth. The i is a born in a muslim family but that doesnt stop i to question islam as a whole because so much has happened i cant base my life solely on it. If time is infinity why should i reasoning also not be infinity? Like i said the mind is the greates tool given to man but it has caused more damage than we can imagine.
I hope the i will watch that movie coz trully its very enlightening and please watch it keenly, it is not what you see but what you do mot see.
Darkness is the absence of light
Rastafari bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/15/2014 2:25:25 PM

Great insight. I don't think the youth you were reasoning with about HIM was wrong either. The confused media hyped image of Rastafari and Haile Selassie is a problem. So if thats the way that the Youth has come to learn of HIM, I wouldn't expect him to see him as divine.

Unfortunately many brothers and sisters who have been awakened and like many, choose to move away from the Bible and stories of Jesus and such; when it comes onto Rastafari, they are turned away. They have no interest in Rasta. Because Rastafari is "just another Christian denomination" as one young brother put it. Rastafari has never been a religion. The belief that HIM is the second coming of Jesus CANNOT be a requirement for being a 'Rasta.' It never has. We are losing the interest of alot of good youth through this false image of Rasta as a Christian denomination........

One of the reasons Marcus Garvey was able to gain over 6 million members was because he didnt care how you saw God. He had Hebrews, Moors, Christians etc within his organisation. It didn't matter how you saw God Marcus just said see him through our own eyes. Marcus was race first / nation first, not belief first. 'everyone who says Jesus is included and everyone else isnt' mentality has no place within Garvey organisation, nor within the trod and upliftment of Rastafari people.

I like the fact you say it was Che and being a Revolutionary which brought you to Rasta. You didnt jump up and say the Bible (and the bible alone) brought you to Rasta. Other than family ties, I, was definitely brought to Rastafari through a similar 'Revolutionary' ideology. It had nothing to do with Jesus.

Anyway, the movie sounds great. I definitely will watch it in the next few days and get back to you. Give thAnkhs for the info and the fLim.

Haile

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/15/2014 4:37:08 PM

I have no affiliation with Twelve Tribes or any other Mansions. There is no Rastafari organizations where I live. The Rastas here are caught up and busy in there own works. I and I need to work together again.

I spoke with a Bobo in I city, that I see from time to time. He told I that the Rastas were once more organized; meeting for reasonings and groundations. As of now; the I them are not.

I deal with the Bible and many other books; as many of the I them do here.

The reason many ones have been speaking about the Bible or Jesus on this forum; is not that I and I are all 12 Tribe, no. It is that multiple reasonings have been made about burning the Bible and Jesus, burning Christian Trinity, etc. That kinda fyah will only bring fyah from others.

I would rather follow the ways of His Majesty than the foolish ways of Man. Like them foolish man book burners, trying to rewrite the history to their own liking. That is what I have been seeing here and that is why I speak out against it.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/15/2014 11:13:58 PM

I can't remember the specifics, it was some time ago, but the criticisms were over the inaccuracies and falsehoods in the books Dr Ben wrote. Often when people try to speak against something, they don't just stick with the true matters, but make up additional things with weak or no evidence. The problem is, many people can't or don't distinguish between the true and false parts, and just assume it is all true. They fall into the same trap as others who blindly trust other sources.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 6:57:22 AM

I overstand. The thing is, Dr Ben heavily referenced all of his secondary sources of evidence. His reference lists given for each book and each lecture were extensive so it is up to the people to cross reference and check out his sources - which many have done. Also, he made over 50 trips to Kemet and navigated the whole course of the Nile Valley bringing relics and photographs - videos showing direct primary source evidence...... Which speak for themself.

- one thing I love about scholars unlike religious folk, as well as referencing, they quite frequently and willingly will debate each other, as he did. With both sides laying out their arguments. The debate with dr Ben and the rabbi, or with dr clarke and Mary lefkowitch on black Athena..... They weren't afraid to get into the ring with the critics

-for me personally, the odd date of events and theoretical interpretations can always be up for debate / criticism. But his body of work and legacy cannot be refuted. But as a human being, nobody is good enough to escape criticism. Anyone who critiques his work must have read his books and checked his references - give thanks for the knowledge.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/17/2014 2:27:51 AM

Haile Selassie I is the Mighty Power of the Holy Trinity. The Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit of Haile Selassie I Jah Ras Tafari who is the Elect of God and Jah in Spirit. The Holy Spirit is HIM the Spirit of Jah Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I

Jah Blessed
Selassie

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2014 6:30:32 PM

I didn't see any concepts from Egyptology but the film was a good insight into the relationship between Self and Ego. Give thanks, was a good watch ConsciousRas. Blessed

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/20/2014 12:06:51 PM

Greetings bredrin
The i actually was referring to kabbalah reference which was present in the movie. The reason i thought it was egyptology was because of the artwork. I urge the i to rewarch it on a much deeper level.
Heres an explanation i got from the internet its quite more direct.Greetings bredrin
Yes i would like to restate what i said about the moving having any egyptology reference rather it was kabaalah that i was talking about.
Guy Ritchie was, during the time of conceiving and executing the film, interested in Kabbalah.[4] The film itself is laced with references to Kabbalic ideas, symbols and numerological references.[5]

The trinity of Zach, Jake and Avi are representative of Kabbalistic right, center and left pillar energies, respectively. Avi is a black man who is somewhat effeminate in his physical appearance, Guy Ritchie was, during the time of conceiving and executing the film, interested in Kabbalah.[4] The film itself is laced with references to Kabbalic ideas, symbols and numerological references.[5]

The trinity of Zach, Jake and Avi are representative of Kabbalistic right, center and left pillar energies, respectively. Avi is a black man who is somewhat effeminate in his physical appearance, clothing and mannerisms.[citation needed] The 'left pillar' or 'left column' in Kabbalic traditions is often associated with 'the feminine' and with the colour black. Jake's surname is "Green", and the colour green is associated with the central column or pillar in Kabbalistic traditions.[citation needed] Zach is a hefty, gargantuan, white man who 'dresses down' in a very archetypically 'masculine' way. Both masculinity and the colour white are associated with right column or right pillar energies in Kabbalistic traditions.[6]

The number 32 comes up repeatedly. "The chess game has many mystical meanings. The Temple of Solomon was chequered like a chess board, which has 64 squares and 32 pieces."[7] The elevator that Jake enters near the end of the movie has buttons for 32 floors.[8] The dollar bills shown in Jack's money bags have a denomination of 23. and mannerisms.[citation needed] The 'left pillar' or 'left column' in Kabbalic traditions is often associated with 'the feminine' and with the colour black. Jake's surname is "Green", and the colour green is associated with the central column or pillar in Kabbalistic traditions.[citation needed] Zach is a hefty, gargantuan, white man who 'dresses down' in a very archetypically 'masculine' way. Both masculinity and the colour white are associated with right column or right pillar energies in Kabbalistic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I