Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5507&start_row=21

They took the woman out of the trinity and....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2014 6:16:51 PM

What proof do you have that the origin of the female symbol you are referring to has anything to do with the ankh symbol?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/13/2014 6:59:15 PM

I don't have any, other than the science of observation and uniformitariamism.

I personally observe the two are almost identical in appearance
I learn the origin of the symbol in Europe is with the Greek Goddess Aphrodite and then the Roman Goddess Venus. Both Goddesses of Love, Pleasure, and significantly Procreation.

The relationship between the Egyptians and the Greeks also known as Hellenism, is well documented, and lasted for hundreds of years.

Again, I don't know what you were after when asking for 'proof' but this is the basis of my logics.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/14/2014 12:21:06 AM

The female symbol is a simple symbol, while the possibility exists that it was derived from the ankh, it is quite possible that it is unrelated. If it was a more complicated symbol, a relation would be more likely.

Here are several examples of a Trinity. Not all are mother woman and child, including some of the Egyptian Trinities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_deity

You say things like

The world will be a better place.

All the wickedness that was done in those times and today by the various downpressors, and it is these kinds of things that you accuse them of? Things that could very likely have originated from themselves or from somebody else other than Egypt. Put effort in more useful places, you are just regurgitating other people's obsessions over things of little significance.

I Iverstanding of the Christian Trinity is the connection between God, people(Man or Woman of Right, God in Flesh), and the Irits, which is the connection between God and His Children.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/14/2014 12:52:13 AM

There is no "trinity" God Jah Ras Tafari is the only Real True God.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/14/2014 1:29:37 AM

There is no Trinity. Where is this trinity? They fake gods and they idols. Why should I and I bow or worship or praise idols? I and I God is Jah Ras Tafari Haile Selassie I who is the power of the Holy Ghost. The Hola Ghost is a male.Jah Spirit is Jah Ras Tafari himself. The Grecians personified the Holy Spirit to be a female because they write myths and fables of such. I and I know they copied the Ithiopians and the Ithiopian God power of the Trinity within. There is no trinity out there. If I and I is Rasta, I and I is the Power of the Trinity. I and I is Rasta and I and I haf to be the trinity too because I and I represent Rasta.

JAH Blessed Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/14/2014 2:40:50 AM

The GrecoRoman and Babylonion mindset is something of high significance. These ideas are not trivial in I eye. Dogmas doctrines and ideologies all affect the mindset of people. These ideals were forced upon us. We as rasta refuse to blindly accept them. I man personally adhere only to the Native interpretation. Man wombman and child. As it was in the beginning.

To not obviously include the wombman as a God, and highlight her as a God at least as much as the male idea of God, again is not something I see as trivial. We obsess over these small things for a reason.

Reset the mindset. And full rejection of Carbon culture

If you were to study Hellenism, you would overstand the corrupted thievery of Greek philosophy and spirituality. The coincidence is too convenient for myself.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/14/2014 2:58:34 AM

Man woman and child, then who made them? Its just beliefs.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/14/2014 3:33:06 AM

Man woman and child, then who
made them? Its just beliefs

There have always been there,that is life,it have always existed,none of the three could exist without the other.The three are the foundation,they are the manifestation of the everliving essence

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/14/2014 3:44:56 AM

How does the I know, who was here in the past?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/14/2014 8:38:34 AM

Your question is so mute.
I know because thats why we are all here...did you just come from the air?Or mayb you didnt come out of a womb?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I