Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5507&start_row=1

They took the woman out of the trinity and....

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2014 5:21:36 AM

....They took the man out of the symbol for Life? Creation? and divinity?

♀;Venus symbol (U+2640 ♀;). The symbol for a female organism or woman.

Any1 notice what this resembles?

GrecoRoman Babylon up to no good again.
Keep the trinity as it was
Keep the above symbol as it was
The world will be a better place.
HTP

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/10/2014 10:51:35 AM

The symbol for female is a big circle with a little tiny cross at the bottom. The ankh is has more balanced proportions of loop and cross, and the balance is vital! The loop disappears completely and it becomes the torture stake, the loop overpowers the rest and it becomes a symbol for the feminist movement. But the balance, that is where the overstanding is found.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2014 2:27:56 PM

Yes, the differences are there. But the differences are slight. The thing looks the same and I don't 'believe' in coincidence when it comes to the GrecoRoman symbology and language. Misrepresented thievery. It would noT be the first time they 'borrowed' from Ancient culture and ended up with a slight but significance difference in meaning....

Āse

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/12/2014 12:04:27 AM

In the Hymn to Amun it shows another form of Egyptian Trinity,
'All gods are three: Amun, Re and Ptah, and there is no second to them. Hidden is his name as Amon, he is Re in face, and his body is Ptah.'

Just because Christianity has a concept of Trinity, doesn't mean it had anything to do with the Egyptian Trinity. Many people through out the world had a Trinity, it is the number three. People also have significance for many numbers, especially those between 1 and 20.

So many things that people bring forward to show that Judaism or Christianity "stole" from Egypt or the multiple other cultures, are so weak or based on things that are just as unproven as the Bible or which have even less evidence of proof. Some similarities mentioned seem more likely related, but many others are not.

As for the similarities, how can the Teachings of God be stolen? The Teachings of God are for all Man and Woman.

Division is anti-life. Iron sharpeth Iron, each One Teach One.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 12:47:44 AM

The Power of the Trinity is the Holy Prophet aand the Holy Priest and the Holy King. The Power of the Trinity is the Haile Selassie I Jah Ras Tafari. Anything against this goeth against God Jah Ras TafarI Haile Selassie I the power of the Trinity the Almighty God Jah Ras TafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/12/2014 3:35:49 AM

This thread is in reference to the Ankh and the female symbol of the modern day

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/12/2014 3:51:05 AM

And the emphasis was not on who had the most trinities or which other lands had a trinity. All native trinities express the importance and inclusion of male and female divinity. The latest trinity, from Rome, doesn't do this.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/12/2014 4:13:15 AM

the popes trinity is Mother Father and Son

I and I Iriginal Trinity is King Priest and Prophet

Messenger: Sister Sent: 2/12/2014 11:02:18 AM

Melchezidek, you seem to be ranting confusion again. If you have a point, maybe its been lost in translation. You do sometimes come with some sense. Cut out the rants and say what you really mean to say. So, the trinty of Selassie I is in your eyes an all-male trinity as the jeudo-christian trinity?
Peace.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/12/2014 1:18:08 PM

G.A. the I say, "All native trinities express the importance and inclusion of male and female divinity"

To quote from another source: "The doctrine of Christian Trinity resembles the Hindu Trimurti where Brahman is also Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, yet all three are ultimately Brahman."

They are three male deities, much like the Christian Trinity; yet was written down thousands of years before the Christian Trinity.

With that said. Look how the Holy Spirit is symbolized as a dove. The dove has long been a symbol of female divinity and the Mother Goddess. Also, the word spirit,in Hebrew (ruach), is feminine. So I do not think that I and I have to view/interpret the Christian Trinity as being without female divinity.

I only say this because the I say "Keep the trinity as it was" and truth is there are many trinities; to say keep it as it was (being your view of male, female, and child trinity) I and I would have to disregard all other forms of trinity.

As it was, is as it is. Many ways to see Trinity.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 80

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I