Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5468&start_row=1

Can InI drink alcohol

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Kompton Sent: 1/25/2014 6:48:03 PM

Iman lookin for so clarity on this subject

I just had a conversation with someone from the virgin island that kinda offended iman
and she said the Rastas were she lived drank so iman wanted to know

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/25/2014 10:25:03 PM

If I&I a Nazarite...
Numbers 6:3-4
"he shall abstain from wine and strong drink; he shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any juice of grapes, nor eat fresh grapes or dried. All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is produced of the grape-vine, from the kernels even to the husk."

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 1/25/2014 10:59:41 PM

InI had major problems with beer before even seeking Jah, way before finding Jah. 20 years with no drink of any kind. Lately, I've found an occasional glass of naturally fermented, organic wine is good for the stomach. I know better than to even think of having a second glass, but I know the I.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/26/2014 12:23:42 AM

If I&I do not keep the Nazarite vow:
Romans 14:14
"I know, and am persuaded in JAH Yeshua, that nothing is unclean of itself: save that to him who perceives anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2014 8:52:00 AM

Can you?

It's at your disgression there are no dogmatic laws and rules it's on you and your consciousness.

Not every Rasta deal with Nazarite vow

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/26/2014 4:46:09 PM

I once heard from a kmt Brethren that alcohol was forbidden for those who had locks.

Messenger: Drummer Child Sent: 1/26/2014 5:29:11 PM

Jah is a free God. Jah never force nobody to go his way. You have to know what is good for you, consciously. Never abuse of what mama earth provides. Do your experiments, and you will see more clearly than all the rules you could follow. But always listen to the elders who already pass by. Cause One life is not enough to learn everything.

Haile I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/27/2014 10:47:45 PM

Here is a Reasoning.

===========
The Messenger Jah Sent

I first made this reasoning in 2003 in the topic

The Nazarite Vow

I wanted to forward it again to show people what Jah showed I through His Messenger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I first started my trod with RasTafarI, I didn't know why the grape was singled out as something I and I should stay away from. Even though I didn't know, I accepted it anyway and abstained from anything from the grape vine, and stayed away from all alcohol and flesh.

After a couple of years, I started asking Jah to show I why I shouldn't eat grapes. He finally gave I the answer one summer.

In 1998, I was visiting my parents in a small town where I used to live, in Canada. I went to a park there that I have been to often in the past, and sat down and had some Ganja.

As I was sitting an old Mexican man started walking in my direction. Birds followed him as he came towards I. The Mexican man looked like a homeless man, I never saw him before in my life and I never saw him again afterward. And it is strange for something like this to happen in that town, because their was only one lady that appears homeless in that city, and even she wasn't really a vagrant, because she owned property, but she was poor.

The man asked if he could sit down beside I, and I said "OK". He said to I, "The birds followed me here, I can talk to the birds, you know". He then started speaking in Spanish to the birds. I noticed one of the birds walking in a shy kind of manner and the man said to I, "that one is shy".

The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.

He then held up a paper bag that had a can of beer in it and said, "I sometimes drink beer, but I don't like to drink wine because it brings down my powers"

So this was the answer to I question. There must be some property in grape that hinders I and I spiritual powers. For a Nazarite, this is unacceptable, because I and I are to be separated unto Jah and be holy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the main reason I wanted to bring this forward again:
------------------------------------------------------------
The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.
------------------------------------------------------------

This is a great Teaching, I have refused it many times since Jah sent the Messenger, but I must now Learn to accept it an refuse it no more.

===========

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/28/2014 1:58:05 AM

Blessed I

Yes I, and one needs to also accept the fact that in ancient egypt the drinking of beer and wine was naturally and is a cultural right for the people to drink beer and wine. Now once a natural rasta man told me that he can make wine out of the best natural plants. They drink it cause its natural and belongs to nature I don't see why one should force dogmatic laws on natural things? Nature can decide for itself what is wrong and what is right.

Messenger: jahmansound Sent: 1/28/2014 4:56:37 AM

IS beer and wine good for ini temple? is it ITAL .bless

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I