Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5464&start_row=1

Moses and the Medianites

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 7:22:44 AM

Can anyone please explain, with the inspiration of JAH Rastafari, why Moses murders his own wife and childrens tribe on the ‘instruction of God’ Is this the way of Haile Selassie / Jah? Or is this God of the Bible not Jah?

Exodus 2:
Moses Flees to Midian
11 One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. 12 Looking this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand. 13 The next day he went out and saw two Hebrews fighting. He asked the one in the wrong, “Why are you hitting your fellow Hebrew?”
14 The man said, “Who made you ruler and judge over us? Are you thinking of killing me as you killed the Egyptian?” Then Moses was afraid and thought, “What I did must have become known.”
15 When Pharaoh heard of this, he tried to kill Moses, but Moses fled from Pharaoh and went to live in Midian, where he sat down by a well. 16 Now a priest of Midian had seven daughters, and they came to draw water and fill the troughs to water their father’s flock. 17 Some shepherds came along and drove them away, but Moses got up and came to their rescue and watered their flock.
18 When the girls returned to Reuel their father, he asked them, “Why have you returned so early today?”
19 They answered, “An Egyptian rescued us from the shepherds. He even drew water for us and watered the flock.”
20 “And where is he?” Reuel asked his daughters. “Why did you leave him? Invite him to have something to eat.”
21 Moses agreed to stay with the man, who gave his daughter Zipporah to Moses in marriage.22 Zipporah gave birth to a son, and Moses named him Gershom,[c] saying, “I have become a foreignerin a foreign land.”

Numbers 31
Vengeance on the Midianites
31 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the Israelites. After that, you will be gathered to your people.”
3 So Moses said to the people, “Arm some of your men to go to war against the Midianites so that they may carry out the LORD’s vengeance on them. 4 Send into battle a thousand men from each of the tribes of Israel.” 5 So twelve thousand men armed for battle, a thousand from each tribe, were supplied from the clans of Israel. 6 Moses sent them into battle, a thousand from each tribe, along with Phinehas son of Eleazar, the priest, who took with him articles from the sanctuary and the trumpets for signaling.
7 They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.
13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.
15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 7:38:21 AM

outside of plain old Genocide...

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 9:15:01 AM

Didn't you say on another thread that Haile Selassie I ordered the slaughter of Iyasu ?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 9:27:14 AM

I said it was speculated. If he did..

Did Haile Selassie order the slaughter of Muslims? Or an individual?

Ones are quick to question Jah over the God as depicted in the Bible.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 9:27:39 AM

Can anyone please explain, with the inspiration of JAH Rastafari, why Moses murders his own wife and childrens tribe on the ‘instruction of God’ Is this the way of Haile Selassie / Jah? Or is this God of the Bible not Jah?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 10:56:30 AM

I read somewhere that he had to chain Iyasu because he a muslim and a threat to the throne. Only a christian could be king (Defender of Faith) is a christian title and so is Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of Judah.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 1/24/2014 11:31:34 AM

To see Jah Glory,
U got to do it in The Father's Name, sing
Hale lu JAH,
Father and The Son Is the same.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 11:44:26 AM

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/24/2014 1:14:14 PM

Obviously this god isnt god of Ithiopia,this god of Israel isnt God Haile Selassie I.
InI can see the example set by Haile Selassie I.
How Him forgive the Italians after all the atrocities against InI.
How Him never want anymore bloodshed than the god of Israel.
By the way,the Israel are also slavemasters,look how they invade a nation and their land,the land of Canaan but it was justified and say its God say so,but who and where is this god???They will point to the sky.
So Haile Selassie is higher than this god ting,because Him both in mind and in reality,invisible visible.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/24/2014 1:27:07 PM

HIM is the god of Israel.

Haile Selassie I is the god of Israel

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I