Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5457&start_row=21

TO ALL WHO WILL TRY TO BURN I BIBLE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 5:42:59 AM

And will it matter to you when this War comes on.... whether the man standing and fighting next to you uses the Bible or uses another different form of mentality to reach the same battlefield for the same cause?
I think not brother.

You had asked whether or not this philosophy i put forward was NECESSARY for black supremacy? Of course not, there are many Christian brothers under that umbrella, as well as other faiths.

The issue is the reverse. When people say the Bible is NECESSARY for redemption or to Hail Haile Selassie.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 1/20/2014 10:54:01 AM

Man shall not leave on bread alone, but on EVERY word that comes from Jah

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 1/20/2014 11:34:57 AM

Man shall not leave on bread alone, but on EVERY word that comes from Jah.
GA I see that you are determined to remain biased to I Bible; you really grieve over it, and that is just I thought.
What you need to realise is that an Instrument in the Wrong hands doesnt corrupt the Instrument.
No one should hate I Bible because it was used to downpress ones and ones, ruther I and I should reason how this came to happen, and I have found it in The Kebra Nagast (for those who shall Read).
Interpolation of I Bible with other myths and legends doesnt validate or disqualify it, for there is nothing new under the sun.
And the Truth cannot be shaken from its place.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 12:56:56 PM

Your bible contains good teachings I have no problem with. My problem is with the Judgement so called Rastas think they can pass around at ones who dont use the bible, or ones who dont believe it to be 100% true.

And for all of the good teachings, there are too many anti-African teachings, African curses, African slayings and slaughters of entire Nations as ordained by God, teachings of the downpression of women, and teachings stolen from I ancestors; for it to resonate with I man. For all of the knowledge of our history within the Bible, can be found from more reliable sources. And this paints a completely different picture of I ancestors and African history Nothing which the essence of creation would want to fight against, only man.

Kemet and Ethiopia were not cursed by God, the book is wrong on any level of interpretation. The man is not ABOVE the woman in the household on any level of interpretation. Kemet, Kush, Canaan, and the other African sons of Ham were not cursed by God, not on any level of interpretation are we willing to accept that. These are against the teachings of I ancestors so what you expect I to do?

Why do you and others feel the need to tell me how I should see Jah?

EDIT: The stories within the Bible are on the periphery of African History. There are many Christ figures within history. And to say we are not dealing with the Bible does NOT mean we are not dealing with the history of creation, of Israel, of Canaan, of Egypt, etc... it just mean we are now able to use points of reference which didn't come from the hands of Rome.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 1/20/2014 10:04:08 PM

My problem is when people like you who come around to redicule I Bible, misleading those who eanerstly seek The Way or The Truth or The Life.
Who gave you the Right to speak of the The Word of God in such a shunning manner?
If you had kept you despise of I Bible to yourself, I wouldn't mind, but you go head and write all kinds of scorn against I Bible, that is trully heathen, according to me and I Bible.
How can you say that Jesus played tricks with fish and bread? Then you go ahead and say He didnt even exist. So where do you stand?
Haven't you seen HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I Quote from the Bible?
Have you EVER read His autobiography?
In HIM's autobiography, hasn't He made a Prayer to the Almighty, quoting from the Book of Daniel, and from the New Testament?
In the Introduction of the same Book, hasn't He taken up conversation from His Sermon on the mountain, ie Mathew 5? Showing us Who He Realy Is?
Did you even READ from the Psalms in I first post on this thread?
Or think of it?
Have you EVER read from these Psalms?
Have you EVER heard of The Kebra Nagast, do you KNOW what is written therein?
When you Answer the least of this question then you will see where I Am comming from.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 11:48:20 PM

See this is where you get besides yourself and salty. This is a forum of reason where people put there points across. Never have I forced others to believe or agree with what I am saying. There is not YOUR voice alone. Your going against a majority of Rasta if your a Bible fundamentalist / literalist. Humble yourself.

And to answer. I have read everything which you hav suggested. It is through reason and not ignorance we reach this destination.

My question is, do you believe the book to be 100% true?

Shout to all the Rasta on here who can have a balanced Reasoning, without being offended / casting Judgement / or putting your individual ideologies forward as the 'one' truth.

Hail Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 12:09:49 AM

Hail His Majesty as the divine essence of I and I, in this African liberation struggle. Hail Jah same way whether he could have been A Sunni Muslim, I and I would site and Hail Jah same way. Could have been a Catholic, could have been a pagan. Hail Jah same way. It is not for his religious beliefs - admittedly passed to him via the Church of Alexandria - why we say Haile Selassie.

Garveys Africa says Burn The Bible and Burn Jesus and Burn God concept for a reason. Whether you like it or not ras93 this ideology is and has been for a long time a part of Rasta. Same goes with the black supremacy you had issue with. There are a significant portion of Rasta brethren old and young who today in 2014 are chanting the same ideology. This is why I didn't water it down at all. It cannot be watered down. To achieve ma'at if we have a Rasta website we need to appropriately represent different walks of Rastafari. Rastafari has many different voices. Once again, these are not the thoughts of Garveys Africa alone. I am not Mutabaruka. Did you not say you listen to Kabaka? I don't know how many of you are actually in touch with Africa and the Carribean but this ideology is Loud and resonant. There is a real urge to ites up within our own indigenous cultures with our own researchers and own ways of looking at life god spirituality and everything. This often conflicts with tradition bible teaching and history. This process often includes full rejection of a book which was given to is by slavemaster. Selassie didn't give us the bible first, Slavemaster did and it was his book and his religion. Worse when we go into the book and find mainly stories of occurrence on the periphery of Africa; then also we are a cursed people who god repeatedly strikes against, and ordains the brutal killing of. We are told of ideologies which often mimic but have core differences which go against and oppose native culture and history. Do you realise how much of the New Testament has anti-Hebrew teachings? The shame of the long hair is but one example. Some people have no problem with this and can see past this conflict within the bible. Others can't, and have no wish to. There are many different paths, if ones find one which is more stable and more suitable for them, in the name of Jah, who are you to judge?

Many Rasta have tried to emulate Selassie to the point where they take on his beliefs and his religion. Many Rasta have converted to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Where one cannot claim Haile Selassie as the Almighty. That is a principle which we will never leave. Jah is Almighty. He is I and I.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 12:28:35 AM

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 1/21/2014 4:49:52 AM

RastafarI is NOT a MAJORITY thing, or DEMOCRACY; it Is The TRUTH THAT CANNOT BE SHAKEN FROM ITS PLACE. (if you know where from came these words)
Selah.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/21/2014 11:44:35 AM

Blessed to all

Yes I, the bible had nothing new to teach ,its a fact that all so called morality of the bible was simply a copy from many tradition and cultures , and all rooted from Alkebulan, many claim the godliness of the bible because of its teachings of "love" or faith in "God" but in a clear mind its all bout fear,greed and dominance , which is very clear ,but by being stuborn because of faith as its only defense it created so much division ,no wonder that the bible is the most DIVISIVE book ever existed ,and caused so much ignorance ,greed and false hope , many are offended when the bible is critisized which simply shows its falsity ,obviously its better to get hurt from truth than to be comforted with lies which was the reason of its growth but it seems many are still a sheep and zombies and not ready to stand with dem own feet,many rather such milk from the doctrines instead of cultivating dem own food and nutrition and rather be responsible of InI deeds than blaming the devil!
InI Rastafari are leaders and not followers ,InI must learn through experience and not through scriptures , Rastafari Livity is about freedom from mental and physical slavery which is the essence of spirituality , yes I fiyah bun d bible and its dogmas because InI cant deny that in GENERAL the bible caused more poverty,mental slavery,dominance ,greed instead of freedom,self sufficiency(physical and mental) ,because of it Intelligence of man and womban is substituted by the so called the written book of "god"
InI nah think but believe, which is the true "fall of man" yes on that point of the Bible adam & eve is the cause of the fall of man and wombman ,which simply shows what influence the bible gave to humanity.

Jah didnt gave InI Intelligence to test InI faith and the Bible but to test InI Intelligence from the falsity of faith and the Bible.

Yes I ,FIYAH BUN THE BIBLE!!!

InI JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I