Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5454&start_row=1

Bible Studiers Only.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 1/19/2014 4:03:09 PM

Greetings, i found something unusual today while reading genesis and wanted some reasoning from elders here. Isn't it a bit odd that in the first days, Adam and his offspring, all had their first child at ages of 60 and over? Or was this just the peak of sexual maturity at that time since they live for 800 years and more? Also, if after God had cast Cain away for his sin of killing Abel, the first son, Cain had found himself a wife, does this confirm that Adam was perhaps the first man on earth but not only and Jah made other people beside him? For first there were Abel and Cain and only later did Adam and Eve bring more offspring. I pray for elaboration on these topics. Let this serve also as a thread for elaborations of scripture and may any Ras with a doubt or inquiry use this as a place of enlightenment. I give thanks!

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/19/2014 4:19:57 PM

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 1/19/2014 4:26:57 PM

Thanks, i know this, this is not the answer to my question. But thanks for providing the scripture.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 4:27:22 PM

There are two creation stories in the Bible. Genesis 1 and 2. Some say that Adams offspring had children with the people from the first creation. Some say that Adam had a wife before Eve, this is the story of Lilith. And some even say that Adams offspring was incestuous and that's how we got here. Though the later is not very excepted for obvious reasons.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 1/19/2014 4:30:28 PM

I give thanks, but what about the age thing?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/19/2014 4:36:06 PM

I think the theory of Adam and Eve is metaphorical,it just meant male and female.
Adam and Eve werent the only people Jah created,our Istory tells us that our Forefathers lived long long time before that story.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 4:40:19 PM

Not sure on the age thing brethren.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 4:42:33 PM

Yes I, the creation of the Garden of Eden came later; it is the 2nd creation story. And so there was human male and female before Adam and Eve.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 1/19/2014 4:45:16 PM

Regardless brother Zion Mountain, irrespective of the names, what happened from the FIRST MAN AND WOMAN? Seen?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/19/2014 4:56:29 PM

Man has always been there,the earth has always been there.There was no time when there was nothing.
So to first man and woman its debatable

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I