Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5452&start_row=1

Rebel Salute 2014

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 10:36:17 AM

Did anybody attend?

So after them ban Dada from Sting because of his anti-gay lyrics and such i hear he come a Rebel Salute with the Nyabinghi Theocracy Government and continue the fullness of the works no compromise.

Kabaka hold a good and vibrant set.

Show kept good still. I think it done overtake Sting as the no.1 reggae show. Blessings and happy earthday to missa Rebel.

RastafarI works must continue

- full video performances soon come

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 10:54:26 AM

DAMIAN MARLEY

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 12:33:52 PM

my artist

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 12:34:27 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2014 12:36:28 PM

Messenger: Drummer Child Sent: 1/24/2014 4:46:01 PM

Greetings

Haile Selassie I say that until there is first and second class there will be war.

So why in rebel salute I always see 2 side for the spectators ?

Music business try to fool I and I. I man play drum on a reggae band but never gonna get fool by them music business. I use my talent to spread Jah Love and helping people. Not only to make party...

Blessings

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 6:07:46 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/24/2014 6:08:47 PM

So what di I a say Rasta? Who and who ina segregation?

And these artist and musicians don't make music to help people? Only party music? Know yourself

Messenger: Drummer Child Sent: 1/26/2014 10:52:57 AM

Don't take my message personally, it's just a reflexion about how music business is going on and to tell to the new artists to be careful of the foolishness of babylon who try to get reggae music. My knowledge come a lot from those artists who spread the truth inna reggae music so I will never criticize them. I know they are working to spread Jah Love and that sometime they have to make compromise to be heard.

What I see is that a lot of reggae promoter and organizer try to make business over reggae and artist who are in the middle have to use those big events to continue to spread the truth to the people.

I just try to be conscious, I still continue to go inna reggae festival but I see in many of them how people reproduce what I have see in other festival (electro, metal or hip hop) where people take hard drug only to make party. That's the theory of Herbert Marcuse I try to fight because it make a lot of damage in society. Look : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Marcuse#Philosophy_and_views

Blessings

P.S. : I have look all the video you post and have apprecilove all the performance.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2014 12:51:35 PM

Blessed,

I just want to know what you mean by the separation in the crowds you spoke of? Colour? Class? what kind of separation..

And I know what the I a say. But I personally think the problem is in the nature. It is a business. And people within the business will think as business-men. The main supporters of the music are often people who have no interest in the message of 'truth' - them just want party party. And seeing as they are paying money, promoters will naturally be attracted to cater for them.

Profit-maximization VS integrity and subsistence.

Many of the musicians are HUNGRY with family to feed. Why should they care who is paying for the music and how they behave? As long as the musician is being accredited and paid fairly, and can feed his family and provide for his community with the profits...Then so be it.

Its different (and a problem) when the musicians start to change their music and lower their standards of morality within their music because of this. For example Natural Black....

Hail up the artists who don't change their message to accommodate for babylon (even if they are happy to take money from babylon crowd.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I