Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5450&start_row=1

Fasting

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: AdeMarley Sent: 1/18/2014 6:34:54 PM

Blessed love to all.

Please brothers and sisters i need help and good advice, i am going into fasting and prayers, do you all advice i to use the ganja herb?

Please your inputs will be welcomed.

Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2014 9:04:13 PM

I would say no. Because the idea of fasting would include ganja which is most definitely a form of food.

My question is, the idea of fasting is an interesting one, I man want some insight, why you choose to fast? What do you hope to gain? Psychically and spiritually? I'm not being disingenuous when I ask this a sincere question

Haile Selassie I the Ruler of all nation.

Messenger: AdeMarley Sent: 1/19/2014 1:45:55 AM

Respeck to Garvey,you are one of the few that i have really learned from in this forum may jah be your guild.i am making my fast for personal favours from Jah.and also spiritual strenght.

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 1/19/2014 1:32:46 PM

Haile-I, iman would have to go wit the no ganja as Garvey africa say. iman is no fasting guru but have done some small light fast at different points in i livity. such as , i will do a 3 day fst which really is only no food for one of those 3 days. i approach with just real light foods on a mon an tues, den weds taper to just organic and gluten free plain crackers (if available) , then by thurs no food at all except lots an lots of water. fri sat sun ease foward wit the light foods. like i said i is no expert, this is a way that was shown to I by a bredrin some time ago. as far as the benifit, for I , it just feels great, refreshing , and does no harm, so i go wit it.
Selassie I

Messenger: AdeMarley Sent: 1/21/2014 11:43:03 AM

Blessings jahbuckihi

Your inputs are welcomed
Thanks brother.

Bless

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/21/2014 12:12:13 PM

Blessed to all

Yes I , fasting is actually ,to fast from all desire , on a spiritual level , fasting of thoughts , because of it InI are being led by InI wants and not by needs , desire led InI to choose d food to eat through taste and not by its nutrition, or choose a womban through its physical beauty and not the character , Iman don't deny the good taste of food or beauty of an empress, but its not the priority, which in d modern livity is d basis of it which simply is unnatural, fasting is actually not just by eating but its aim is to be the master of d mind and not a servant of d mind , fasting is meditation , just like sitting in silence witnessing the mind is a practice to master it , this is why many can't sit in silence and find it hard to sit in silence without being botherd by the mind or getting bored ,because mind activity became a habit, to be conscious of the mind is meditation or fasting .

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: DURU Sent: 1/21/2014 12:16:33 PM

naturally to sit in silence is easy and simple but the itchy mind habit made it seems difficult

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 1/21/2014 8:00:37 PM

To InI, fasting is forgetting about earthly desires, wants, needs, and focusing on Jah and Jah spirit. To InI, herb brings I closer to feel His spirit, to be directed by Jah spirit, and to keep my mind off of needs of nurishing foods for my body.

Fasting must be a personal thing between I and the I. For InI, herbs help me to forget self and aids to feel Jah within I.

Messenger: AdeMarley Sent: 1/22/2014 2:49:50 AM

Heart blessings brothers DURU and Raybob.
Your inputs were appreciated bless

To brother raybob,if am to overs what you said ,then the herb gives you strength in fasting,that is great i also feel thesame but my major worry is the physical want for food.so i say it depends on individuals, i would have prefered the use of the herb as it stimulates my connection to JAH at that period of medication.but it better to be safe as Garvey as recommended
Thanks once again for your inputs i really appreciate them.

Bless.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/14/2014 6:08:58 AM

Yes I

I and I livity is I fasting meaning I fast the entire life.Eating Ital food is fasting,rejecting babylon is fasting.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I