Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5445&start_row=21

I Shall Never Deny YESUS CHRIST..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2014 5:32:44 PM

One point I keep repeating is

Rasta (I don't know if you call yourself a rasta) rasta keep telling I that them use the bible because jah used the bible. BUT the enslavers of InI used the bible the same way. The point is how one interprets the bible. Not the actual text. Despite Rastas using the same book as his majesty I fail to overstand how a rasta can claim like he is interpreting the book in the same way as HIM. HIM never read the ible and declared himself as he almighty. Well maybe he did but we are yet to hear him make such a statement. When he referred to Jesus he spoke in the 3rd person not as though it was himself or the same person - which is how many rasta see it. So the fact you use the same book is very good but if your drawing different interpretations I don't see the whole point?

Secondly, HIM for most of what we have seen did not have dreadlocks, and as far as we know may not have been ital.

It is not what is on his head, nor what he eats, nor his religious 'beliefs' why (most) Rasta say Rasta. Look deeper. I look to his title, his throne, his country, and significantly, his personality. - which I believe to be preset regardless of his religious persuasion.

You know there are many none Christian people in Ethiopia and within His Majesty's family?

(On a side note, somebody remind me of the name of his Islamic cousin he had to slaughter because of betrayal? I've not been able to think of the name for some time , you know when something annoys you them way deh?)

Haile I

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/18/2014 5:47:03 PM

I overstand where yo coming from make sense, but the thing that been on my mind is that Haile Selassie is supposed to b the Reincarnate of Christ like some Rastas believe, but InI thght that he wld come down with the new heaven and new earth meaning dirty babylon ah fall...I consider myself a Rasta and Selassie slaughter nuff evil protecting his home since young age

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/18/2014 5:52:16 PM

Garveys Africa,

The I said:

----------------------------------
(On a side note, somebody remind me of the name of his Islamic cousin he had to slaughter because of betrayal? I've not been able to think of the name for some time , you know when something annoys you them way deh?)
--------------------------------------------------

His cousin that converted from Ethiopian Orthodoxy to Islam was Lij Iyasu. And RasTafarI did not slaughter Lij Iyasu. In fact, RasTafarI defeated Lij Iyasu on the battlefield and kept him in quite luxurious imprisonment. Later, the Italians tried to encourage Lij Iyasu's escape.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/18/2014 5:55:20 PM

Lil iyasu that's it, give thanks. I know the empress kept him in luxury but his majesty wasn't too keen on him. I think somewhere I read his majesty eventually ordered the slaughter? Give thanks iya

(Edit: according to a very quick / lack of detail google search, there does seem to be some mystery surrounding his death)

Almightyson, i think I overstand you a little more now. yes some rasta say HIM is the second coming of Christ , some say he IS Christ, some say he is descended from Christ but not Christ, others say he has the personality of Christ. Others say is the redeemer in the same way Christ was and that's it. Others don't have the word Jesus or Christ in their vocabulary at all. As long as haile selassie is the nucleus, we must tolerate all walks of rastafari. The problem is when somebody wants to denounce the other rasta who don't agree with their personal look on things. From Haile Selassie is the nucleus that's all I want to hear. From it doesn't conflict with the vision of Marcus Garvey and his Africa, and HIMs vision of Africa and the di(live)aspora, then a so it go.

Live up

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/19/2014 12:54:21 AM

Christ is not a man,its a way of living.H.I.M walked by this way thus the Man had a Christness character therefore H.I.M is Christ.
There is a difference between Jesus and Christ.Christ is not Jesus' surname.
Selassie I is Christ but not Jesus.
Calling Selassie I God or Christ has got nothing to do with the Ible.We all know the Incient Igyptian Emperors were Gods and had a divinity,so as H.I.Ms Selassie I and Menen I.

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/19/2014 3:20:12 PM

In Moses time the Pharaoh was a God to his people, but the God of Moses still dealt with Pharaoh viciously.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/19/2014 4:46:31 PM

But there is no Moses exodus evidence in Egypt

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/19/2014 7:03:02 PM

The evidence is history, We both know our ancestors sinned against Him and was taken into slavery for praising other gods such as Baal etc...Though their might not b evidence in Egypt, Egypt is falling as we speak and the evidence is the ible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 8:12:14 PM

Not one piece of evidence of any mass exodus or slavery. There is no ancient Egyptian word for slave. Foreign concept. Infact the time speculated leads to the time of the great Ahmose. Ahmose restored African (Nubian) rule over Kemet after 200 years of foreign rule from the Hyksos. He drove the Hyksos out of Kemet, completely. Now that was the only exodus of any sort at that time period in that area. Not to mention his son TutMoses.... I'm riding with Pharoah. Hail Jah.

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/19/2014 9:43:10 PM

Our ancestors went through nuff slavery for disobeying Jah ways, and many ancestors got slaughter for disobeying Jah ways, and i respect that cause InI God is no joke brethren, who don't obey will feel..Egypt falling to the ground and no soul can save it, pharaoh might been a God to his people, but pharaoh know who to give thanks to seen, or judgement each man must face, Jah is a jealous God

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 62

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I