Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5443&start_row=31

Ignore the few members that have been harassing this site and deluging almost each post with racial and bigoted comments. I am afraid this could be scaring off some of the younger members. Shame on you!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 1/19/2014 4:46:38 PM

Ok brother, let's just stop here :)

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 1/19/2014 4:54:01 PM

Hahaha, yes let's :)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 8:38:27 PM

Garveys Africa says Burn The Bible and Burn Jesus and Burn God concept for a reason. Whether you like it or not ras93 this ideology is and has been for a long time a part of Rasta. Same goes with the black supremacy you had issue with. There are a significant portion of Rasta brethren old and young who today in 2014 are chanting the same ideology. This is why I didn't water it down at all. It cannot be watered down. To achieve ma'at if we have a Rasta website we need to appropriately represent different walks of Rastafari. Rastafari has many different voices. Once again, these are not the thoughts of Garveys Africa alone. I am not Mutabaruka. Did you not say you listen to Kabaka? I don't know how many of you are actually in touch with Africa and the Carribean but this ideology is Loud and powerful. There is a real urge to ites up within our own indigenous cultures with our own researchers and own ways of looking at life god spirituality and everything. This often conflicts with tradition bible teaching and history. This process often includes full rejection of a book which was given to is by slavemaster. Selassie didn't give us the bible first, Slavemaster did and t was his book and his religion. Worse when we go into the book and may find insight or goodness, but then also we are a cursed people who god repeatedly strikes against, and ordains the brutal killing of. We are told of ideologies which often mimic but have core differences which go against and oppose native culture and history. Do you realise how much of the New Testament has anti-Hebrew teachings? The shame of the long hair is but one example. Some people have no problem with this and can see past this conflict within the bible. Others can't, and have no wish to. There are many different paths, if ones find one which is more stable and more suitable for them, in the name of Jah, who are you to judge?

Again, if I am alone in anything which I have said regarding the topic at hand then somebody on this forum please correct me? But this is a mindset within rasta that you can't come and claim illigitimate. The brothers begged you to humble and you still dot hear.

What your doing is called Tribalism. I'm sure you can find it within your book...

If you keep misquoting me then I cannot let it go. I have never disagreed with Jah. I have never told ones to not strive to be like Jah. I have not told ones to do anything. I am not the preacher apparently that's you. If I sight Haile Selassie as an Orthodox Christian. And long before 1993 I hear Rasta say Rasta don't deal with religion and Rasta not Christian, then if I say we don't look to Haile Selassie because of his religion. Why is it so difficult for you to overstand

Many Rasta have tried to emulate Selassie to the point where they take on his beliefs and his religion. Many Rasta have converted to the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Where one cannot claim Haile Selassie as the Almighty. That is a principle which we will never leave.

Praise Haile Selassie the Almighty Ra

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 8:59:12 PM

The boy stiff-necked though.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 9:15:44 PM

I could enter into reason with you with your book in your hand about any historical portion or teaching in the bible as relating to Africa Kush Canaan or the Israelites using a knowledge of self and knowledge of history. The fact somebody uses a different reference point for the same reasoning about the same teachings, what difference should it make. You act as if His Majesty imposed the bible on people like some Islamic Chaldean.

The same system who introduced Christianity to Ethiopia were responsible for the final destruction and desolation of Kemet. The same people who organised and authorised the limited collective books of the bible murdered and enslaved how many ancestors? The same council of people who put the books together for us, would turn out to re the very same people who funded and ordained the war on Africa and war on Ethiopia against Jah. Before our ancestors stepped foot on this land in the West, we knew nobody called Jesus. We had our own spirituality culture and religion. Rastafari is the strive toward regaining this. This book came to us from the same system which has oppressed us. If it contains any information within it which is correct or relating to me, I'd (speaking for many) would rather find this out elsewhere, bAsed of I own research and collection. Not that of Rome.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/19/2014 9:20:47 PM

Does anything I have said cause shame? Where is the racist bigoted comments? Where's the disrespect to His Majesty?

You a wobble brethren

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/20/2014 1:44:32 AM

The same system who introduced Christianity to Ethiopia were responsible for the final destruction and desolation of Kemet

Its this same people that erases Jesus from being the Lord Christ Jah Ras Tafari the Lion of Judah God. those people are wicked, bun dem!

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/20/2014 8:53:47 AM

Again, if I am alone in anything which
I have said regarding the topic at
hand then somebody on this forum
please correct me?

No you not alone Rasta,I man 100%beside the I.

Blaze op di fyah
The fyah cant cool Rasta
Some bwouy cyaan stand the fyah

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/20/2014 10:34:13 AM

Ras93
I am asking if you are African because you dont speak like one,you dont know what it is to be African.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 1/20/2014 10:37:02 AM

Its this same people that erases Jesus
from being the Lord Christ Jah Ras
Tafari the Lion of Judah God. those
people are wicked, bun dem!

Bro Melchezidek
The I is now using faith not reality.
The I is now believing not knowing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I