Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5435&start_row=11

misunderstandings of man in the Bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2014 10:58:01 PM

The Bible speaks of God telling Israel to slaughter people and take their land. I don't think God had anything to do with that, it was people's attempt to justify their actions. It also speaks of the king of Babylon doing God's work by attacking Israel because of Israel's sin, this also had nothing to do with God. The wars of men are caused by the ways of men.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2014 11:15:55 PM

But doesn't this take away from the essence and spiritual meaning of the story. For example, you recently reposted a reasoning on Numbers chapter 22,23 and so on. Mentioning Balaam and Balak, their attempt or want for a curse on Israel. And Balaam is generally looked upon as a wicked man for wanting this.

Yet before this we are told the Israelites and their God, had eradicated the People of Og and their gods, the people of king Arad and his Gods etc and so on and so on throughout Canaan and the lands adjacent to the Red Sea

Now this Israeli God is not showing us the ways of Haile Selassie. His treatment of the invading Italians was quite different. And in this case who are the invaders?

If some group of people who believe in their interpretation of God are going around into lands which aren't theirs and slaughtering all around them based of their Gods instruction. These people are the ones who need to be faught. The whole chapter reminds me of Africa and it's relationship with groups of people claiming 'their' God is the one, and innocent people dying as consequence. Islam was brought into Africa the same way. What about the people of Canaan and their gods? By which standRds are their gods lesser gods? Today we may say it is their individual group interpretations of the same essence, but according to scripture, people were being slaughtered for this, at the command of the God of Israel.

Yet people ignore this and the only conclusion they will arrive to is one cannot curse or be a false prophet of the God of Israel.

If you were a native Canaanite maybe you would want to bun them too.

My God, Haile Selassie, did not move in this way. Despite him reading the book. Live by his example, not by what he was reading.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2014 12:08:07 AM

There were two sides of it. The Bible also speaks of the curses that came upon Israel because of their transgression, it doesn't portray Israel as being always with God. Most of the things that happened to other nations in the Bible happened also to Israel. It was people trying to make sense of the things happening to them, or make excuses for their own actions. I feel they were right about some of it, but not all.

God will Guide and Protect people that Live for HIM. This is I Sight and I Experience anyway, it may not have relevance to you because of your view regarding God, but I have seen enough in I Life to Sight it as Truth. I don't think God is involved in our downfalls and suffering, in those cases, it is more about God's non-involvement, because we choose to separate ourselves from God by living too far from HIM. Since we don't Listen to God, we lose the instruction that He always gives I and I, so we fall by our own misunderstanding.

In these Reasonings, I explain what I sight regarding the involvement of the Creator in our Lives.

The Rudder in the Waves

Free Will vs. Destiny

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/22/2014 12:26:24 AM

Then that is the misunderstanding. The scripture says the war was started on Gods instruction. In the case above i say this is man's input and cognition of what he narrow-mindedly believes is right; which is behind the war in Canaan. Not the order of Jah. Haile Selassie doesn't order nations to be eradicated that don't say he is Jah, or even subscribe to wickedness. As long as they stay in Rome and away from the Kingdom of Jah. The ways of the God described in that particular portion of the book are not the ways of Jah.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2014 12:34:08 AM

Yes I

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/30/2014 10:48:50 AM

Bless up, I feel that Jah did send them to war, God told Abraham to take his son's life to see if he really loved him, now how a man trodin these days we won't go and kill, but in the old testamnets Jah trod and spoke with man through the heights within man, so if the higher heights told a man, behold this country is yours go take, because the love for Jah is strong man went do as he say because of the fear for him. The land we had to take was ours, we couldn't walk over and ask..or our ancestors had to pay the price of war for their ancestors, Jah said any man who sat down on the throne had to fought war, Solomon to Haile Selassie I..Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/30/2014 6:40:31 PM

I guess you are an example of the kind of people Garveys Africa is talking about.

God has never told a man or woman to kill their child, not as a test of faith or anything else. Haile Selassie I is the God of the living, not the dead. There are some people, even in these times, who kill their children and say God told them, but that wicked instruction came from their own mind, not God.

And you have people in old times and today that gather people to attack and kill others, and say God told them, but that wickedness is from their own mind, not God.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/30/2014 6:54:35 PM

King David killed a man because he wanted the man's wife. That is another example of the wickedness of man that had nothing to do with God.

If people don't learn to reject wickedness, they will make wickedness part of themselves.

Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 1/30/2014 7:12:30 PM

It's the reason why King David kill the man that caused wickedness, King David fought/Slaughter to protect the kingdom, Haile Selassie I fought/slaughter to protect the kingdom, I ancestors fought/slaughter for the kingdom. Them wasn't no pushover, them had to defend from the wickedness of man, and being on God side they overcome, as i said, all kings who sat on the throne had to fight war, God told Solomon that

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 1/30/2014 11:13:21 PM

Ark I :
" ..God has never told a man or woman to kill their child, not as a test of faith or anything else. Haile Selassie I is the God of the living, not the dead. There are some people, even in these times, who kill their children and say God told them, but that wicked instruction came from their own mind, not God."

InI do believe Jah did ask Abraham to sacrifice his son. I believe it was not done as a test of faith, so much as it was a prophecy of Jah sending his own son as a living sacrafice.

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
(Gen 22:8)

That prophecy was fulfilled when Jah provided son Yahshewa as the lamb of glory to establish kingdom of Jah.

"And you have people in old times and today that gather people to attack and kill others, and say God told them, but that wickedness is from their own mind, not God."

Amen, all through history.

As for the passage of Paul and men's hair, it was not a statement, it was a question. Male lion has long hair compared to female lion. Until I realized Yashewa was black with locks, I couldn't overstand that passage either, but now, I see the question, "If a man has long hair, is it a shame to him?" Of course not, look to the lion of Judah.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I