Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=541&start_row=1

Marley

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 3:46:13 PM

I am not sure if there has been a post with this topic...

What are the I's opinions on this brethrens life and his interpretations of Rastafari?

Thanks,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/3/2005 10:18:27 PM

Just on another thing, the great Mortimo Planno was said to have met with Marley to teach Marley what he knew. I dont know how many times they met and what else said, seen, look up The Earth Most Strangest Man, it is a self written book by Mortimo Planno, I dont know how you would distinguish it any further that would be opinion.

Earth Most Strangest Man
Check out.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 10:33:29 PM

Thanks,

Agree or not......I believe without Marley there would be less brethren in particular outside of the Caribbean and Africa following the teachings of Rastafari. At the least he has accelerated the spread of Rastafari into the consciousness of many many people. I could not say for sure if I would be where I am today if I hadnt found Marley tunes back in my early teens. Who knows where Reggae would be today without this Brethren. Not to downsize anyone else that has spread love and roots music throughout the years. I think he did get the word out further than any other musician and InI should all be thankful for that.

It is interesting to know that his name was Nesta=Messenger, if my readings are correct.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 10:35:37 PM

That is what I read.

Planno has taught Marley many things and was a major influence to Marley spreading Rasta through Music.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/3/2005 11:16:49 PM

I can not talk about bob's views,my view about bob is that he was a prophet,revolutionary,mystic,teacher,and father not only to his childern but to many more lost and childern of JAh.

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/4/2005 12:31:25 AM

Bob Marley did many good things and taught the teachings of Jah. Like the I said, many have learned from him.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/4/2005 4:20:57 AM

Yes Iyah! Give thanks for the life of Robert Nesta Marley the Light of the Trinity. Nothing but love for Bob, Jah Live Children yes, Jah Jah Live! HAHA Rastafari! Selassie I Jah Rastafari!

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 1/4/2005 1:17:19 PM

what I think is interesting too, is to watch the people dancing to records that were meant to chant them down. (like "crazy baldheads")
they use to dance to music that was created to chant them down. still they nuh open their eyes.

most of them also call Reggae music "good vibrations-music", which is not wrong, but they think everything that concerns the carribean or Reggae or Rasta is some kind of "peace, love music". they don't see that brethren write songs about ambush in the night or another shooting in the ghetto or political violence, etc.
they don't Iverstand Reggae (I prefere calling it RastafarI-music). they think it is a thing about only love, peace, ganja, being a cool rasta-guy or about this 2nd-4th-beat - thing.
you can't definy Reggae through some emphasizing-techniques on the guitar or keyboard.
fe sure, reggae music is "created by rasta-people" (as Bob says), and musical basics is to emphasize the 2nd and 4th beat, but what about "redemption song" ? this ain't Reggae, RastafarI-music? definitely it is Reggae, RastafarI-music, because it was created by rasta-people.
Reggae isn't everything whose rhythm is turned inside out. people shouldn't think in isms and skisms. now they create new styles like "neo-dancehall-dub-ragga" or other shit like that. silly. sick.
if they want to check everything technically and not with their heart, why they don't call it Reggaeism ?
ridiculous, the ways babylon go.

you have to check music with your heart, not with your brain.

Bob: "we don't play for suit critics. we play what we want, when we want and how we want, and we have a reason to play it."

----------------------

another thing: did you know that the melanoma (skin cancer) that Bob had, only europeans (light-skinned people) can have this kind of cancer. "black" people can not develop this cancer on their skin. so it was in the gens of Bob's father, the cancer.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/4/2005 2:03:30 PM

Actually, my readings have said that this form of cancer is more common in black skinned people (the type that grows inward - under his nail). Bob Marley had many tunes that could not be classified as Reggae music if you listen you can tell not all his songs have a reggae beat. That people dance to music and not listen to the lyrics happens all the time, but Bob clearly said that his music is all about the message where Reggae music in itself is just the vehicle to deliver it. I find it more important how a person acts and lives their lifes rather than what hair style the wear. I dont find that Rastafari is all about dreads but about a way of life (the true way that was meant to be for InI). There will be wolves in sheeps clothing (wearing dreads and the ethiopian colors and signs) that the I could mistake as rastafarians but they dont live the true life of a rastafarian. Many Is from different nationalities also have a hard overstanding of the meaning of his lyrics and even overstanding the words, that is why it is good that the ones that do overstand it try to spread it in their native tongue through their own music and experiences for others to overstand. One example of brethren trying to spread in native tongue are Ganjaman & Jr. Randy in Germany and there are many more all over. Big Ups for all Is that spread positive vibes anywhere in the world and that put effort into spreading the truth and pointing out injustices.

Thanks and Praises to the Most High

Jah Rastafari!

Bergy

PS:

Once again BIG UPS to Ark I for having created this platform from his faith and beliefs and having the Is get together to reason and share in this place. Ark I TRUE SoulJAH. Much Respect!

One Love, people get ready!

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/4/2005 2:04:58 PM

Marley also said this type of rythm just come naturally to him by JAH.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I