Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5405&start_row=11

what is your favorite Roots Reggae Artist?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2017 9:35:08 PM

It has provided a means of self sustainance and food for many independant artists who can feed and maintain there black families. It has provided a means of employment for many who may have been otherwise forced to starve in the face of babylon or work for less then their worth. It has provided a global and worldwide platform of attention and focus to the black liberation struggle all across the board from conscious artists deejays and soundsystems. Music has always been a part of black culture

Dont be blind and dont make stick bruck ina ur ears

Messenger: Zion Jerusalem Sent: 6/4/2017 9:58:27 PM

I see, but how come all these artistes, after making it big in life, are content to live in a foreign land, instead of coming home and help to educate Africans and assist in her freedom, they just come and go, when they could easily buy land and settle in Africa..?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2017 10:02:35 PM

many have though. settled in africa bought house and land, donated to africa, give africans one bag of job..... you RIGHT to put fire on people who misuse the thing but man cant cast the whole of reggae as bad

and even for those who dont too too ina Africa. So what? as long as they are helping africans somewhere on the globe. Marcus Garvey NEVER reach on african soil yet look how much africans he help

Messenger: Zion Jerusalem Sent: 6/4/2017 10:13:13 PM

I only ask for the contribution of reggae to the nationalism of Africa, I did not fire no one, In this time we need more than reggae to attain the highest goals set by God for man.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 5:57:30 AM

Reggae as a whole has contributed more than the I. Nobody said reggae alone would free africa just like faith alone cannot. But how you criticise an entity and artists who have done more than you. From the marleys to tosh to sizzla to the humble community soundman spreading the message

Focus on your works and stop criticise. In your own words:

Zion Black JerusalemSent: Today 6:05:30 AM
And quit criticizing. How do you benefit from it. ? Unless you are hired, or to use the most correct word, you are enslaved by your Babylon masters to do it.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/14/2017 9:31:54 AM

Did I critisize ? I asked a simple question. Reggae has not done anything much for Africa as a nation,apart from teaching people to smoke Ganja.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 11:27:39 AM

That is incorrect. Reggae has fed awoke and united more Africans than you ever could

Messenger: Jahohanahn Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/14/2017 11:51:12 AM

I am not in a competition against reggae.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 9:05:53 PM

then remove the senseless criticism when you have a glass house

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2017 9:26:15 PM

Lets get back to the topic of reggae and favoured positive artists and since you dont listen to reggae I guess you have nothing to add.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I