Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5403&start_row=1

Musik is I passion but I man afraid

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/15/2013 4:03:49 PM

Holy I Jah Rastafari
Greetings I and I
I man has got a passion of becoming a musikman and spread Jah works but I man is afraid to give I heart in it because I parents will be disappointed I know as they have sacrificed their Iverything for I to get an Iducation,so they expect I to become an Electrian man in the Industry after I graduate.
I feel they will regret those sacrifices.Of course I need dat babylon paper they call Certificate but naturally in I heart,I wah do musik,though they call it a payless job.

Its I ambition but the musikal road nuh easy even.Last month I was working on I 20 track reggae demo album but the producer sabotaged the I,as it was of poor quality.There too much competition in the musik industry and nowadays danceahall is really penetrating the minds of the youths,where they only sing about sex,drugs,violence and fighting musikally.
So now it seems the producers and promoters are promoting slackness rather than righteous and that is why we are being lef out,because real reggae muzik is a cleansing fire..
I feel the vibe in I,the muzikal vibe,but I dont know what to do because it will be a shame to I parents.
I sometimes have dreams where there is a big crowd waiting for I to perfom on stage and a voice saying like "hey,these people are waiting for you to perfom"
There are some good producers also but they demand a high sum of money which Iman cant afford for now,but I really wanna do this

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/15/2013 7:45:26 PM

I find that with music, you follow your heart. Don't stop making it if you really love it. Try to let your family know it is a serious passion... One day when things line up, you may have a real chance at success

I make some music: here's a song I made with my computer

Messenger: jah jeff Sent: 12/16/2013 2:22:24 PM

Maybee there is something else in your way zionmountain that is holding you back, meditate on what you think is the main root of the problem and you will work it out from there. jah bless.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/16/2013 7:16:32 PM

Jah dub, give me a contact

Zionmtn your parents are right. If you have an education then use it, secure ur economic base for yourself and your family first. There's nothing to say you can't do music while you are doing this but to give one up for the other, especially the bread earner, would be a disrespect to yourself and your family. Continue making music reguardless of your remedial daily works, continue make music reguardless if you have a big crowd waiting or 1 listener. Music is a mission not a competition and many are called but few Are chosen.

If you have riddim, send me a contact and set up a YouTube channel at the least. Blessed

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 12/16/2013 8:56:07 PM

A contact, G. Africa?....do you mean e-mail? otherwise, I have soundcloud youtube and face book

youtube channel -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsXx_DQKFSeyzwHYg0gEzVg

soundcloud -> https://soundcloud.com/esotericsoundwave

facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/richard.forrest.33821189

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/16/2013 9:54:47 PM

I also love music but I realize that babylon controls the music industry and that making a living as a musician is extremely difficult nowadays.

However, it is not impossible and if you feel it is your calling go for it.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/17/2013 4:11:19 AM

@Garvey Africa
The I is right,Iducation is a mission I have to fulfill.
What matters most is the decision I have to make after graduation.
The problem with parents is they have a mentality that one have to work for the shitstem in order to survive,but I have been in the industry and people are working from 9 to 5 and still earn nothing.
So I medz is saying I have to have that certificate but dont work for babylon but rather self employment and that is the time I will have to take musik to another level....

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 3/25/2014 6:09:12 PM

I dont fight education or hate education,infact Iman want to fulfill this mission,but what Iman now noticing is dat I am no longer that bright and intelligent as I used to be at primary and secondary school.Its like I can study but it nuh cling in I mind,not to say I would forget what I have studied but it nuh really get into I mind,but when it comes to study African Istory,African greatest men and women,spirituality,it cling and stick to I mind like glue.My friends used to say if I knowledge about Africa and Haile Selassie I was the same intelligence as that when studying,I would be the greatest electrical engineering student.
To I,questing for I story is something now natural to I.
I still remember a time when I was at High school,at the time the light of Selassie I started to shine upon I, when the I bible was only I source of reference,I would read it thoroughly to the extent of I father started to shout at I,"do you learn bible knowledge at school???so why always waste time pon something dat wont be in your exam,"I was really searching for Iself,which I see dat its still growing in I.

And what I have learnt from I search and from I experience is what I put inna I musik.Marcus,Selassie I,Marley,Muta etc have really influenced I message in I musik,that many cud a wonder,seh,"where did you get that information or how did you come to think about dat"

Musik and searching for I truth has become I natural way of life and when it come to this,Iman like an expert,but when it comes to education,Iman a struggle though I havent failed an course work yet.
I try so hard to focus and concentrate but,it seems more complicated,though I keep pushing.

I hope Jah will take I where I trully belong

Blessed my lords and empresses

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I