Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5392&start_row=1

zionmountain

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2013 11:15:27 PM

I need a good source indigenous source of information on that ancient land other than Dr Ivan Van Sertmas Journal of African Civilisations or such.

Is this accurate? I feel its a little basic but gives direct visual. Give thanks Rasta

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/4/2013 5:36:29 AM

I will search for the I.
Most of the Istory I know about I native land is Oral rather than one in books

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/4/2013 5:52:27 AM

then speak rasta. Give thanks

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/6/2013 12:55:20 PM

The land was firstly known to be inhabitant of the bushmen or khoisan people who survived on hunting and gathering.
It is said as time moved these people migrated into the Batswanaland as they were being crowded in the land after the coming of the Bantu people from the north and east.

These people were known as the Vakaranga people who expanded the kingdom of Dzimbadzemabwe or Great Zimbabwe meaning houses made of stones.The kingdom stretched to modern day Mozambique,Namibia,Zambia,Malawi and South Africa.
This can be proved by the similarities of the dialects of their languages.
The Vakaranga are the ancients of the land,also including the vaTonga people,Manyika people,vaVenda,Korekore,Zezuru etc all make up the vaShona Tribe.
So you could find a Shona man,being either muKaranga,muTonga,Zezuru etc yet they all stem from one.
The kingdom was then inhabitated by another generation and was called Munhumutapa meaning conquering man and it is said,the builders of Great Zimbabwe were the great grand descendants of the Queen of Sheba,it is said it was her sub queendom.
One of I elders told I that he was told by his Incients that their ancestors migrated from Ithiopia also known as Guruuswa in Shona language downsouth and pegged the demacations of their territory with mpanjere tree,meaning wisdom giver,and that is the ganja tree.

The other bredrin who is Malawian by roots but Zimbabwean by citizenship also testify that his ancestors came to Nyasaland i.e Malawi from Ithiopia via Tanganyika,i.e Tanzania and stopped in Malawi.

There are also gold mines which are believed to be king Solomon's mines.Much of the history of the land wasnt written but passed from mouth to mouth,from generation to generation.
The vaShona worshiped one God called Musikavanhu meaning The Creator of mankind,thru their ancestors who lived upright in their life journey and also believed in God in all creation,e.g they knew God also manifests in water in form of those living in it,so one could first enchant or ricite a prayer directed to God in the crocodiles,hippos etc to ask for permission to cross.

I will expand later

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2013 5:29:26 PM

POWERFUL. Give thnks Rasta a dis I a look for. Nuff ting in deh to research in the name of the Ancestors. Blessed...... may have more question at a later date.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/7/2013 5:19:18 PM

<<<"they knew God also manifests in water in form of those living in it">>>

Blessed my Lord zionmountain. Respect. Hon. zionmountain. Knowledge is power. I and I is bushman as you call it. We say san, because we are people of the sun. We comes from the mountain and we were the first peoples to walk the earth from these came the first ancestors of humanity. These traditions and stories of people first coming from the mountain is found around earth. Does the I have the same tradition or does they think they comes from the water like the crocodile? I and I seeks the knowledge, because it is great to know the I even more.

Jah Bless.
RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 7:10:18 PM

Original man come from woman, in Africa, (Eastern/Central) as African Man and Woman.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 7:14:24 PM

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/29/2019 3:06:44 PM

There is this place called Chinhoyi with caves sited above a pool of water called Chirorodziva.Its a sacred place with ancient caves that no one knows where they end.The pool is of blue waters and if you try to throw a stone to the other side of it about 50metres apart,it wont cross the water nomatter how much power one uses.

I heard one elder say the pool is the source of origin of the blue Nile

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/30/2019 9:25:47 AM

LOVE the vibes and reasonings here!

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I