Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5385&start_row=1

Why is there the Sabath?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NaturalH1gh Sent: 11/23/2013 4:44:47 PM

Bredren, why do we have to have a Sabbath day?

I mean I could see it's good for someone who is working hard all week and would enjoy a break, but what about for someone who enjoys his weekdays doing the work he loves?

Personally, I feel lazy and sad not doing anything on this day, and I even hate to see my close ones doing the work for I.. How could this be a sabbath if I don't enjoy it?

Help me overstand this.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/24/2013 4:56:55 PM

BECAUSE OF THE LIAD GOD OF ABRAHAM CONCEPT, THE EUROPEAN BIBLE CONCEPT OF GENESIS STATES THAT THE MOST HIGH TOOK REST ON THE LAST DAY OF THE WEEK

SABBATH COME FROM THE BABYLONIAN GOD CONCEPT.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/25/2013 9:14:19 AM

The sabbath is of African culture,in our own language here Shona,we call it "Chisi"a hola day of rest in which no work is partaken.It is a sacred day which is to be taken seriously and its an abomination to work on this day,from where I come from.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 12:30:17 PM

Why is that Zion mountain?

The reason is not going to be an indiginous one. Judeochristianislamic practice is rife throughout the world including Africa there's not a nation that hasn't had a certain level of exposure and influence.

Sabbath is a European concept.

If I bun slavemaster 24/7 I man nah stop pon no Friday Sunday or Saturday.
If I works is Jah works I nah stop pon weekend

Dem works is itunual.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/25/2013 4:37:24 PM

The Judeochristianislam took many of their concepts from InI roots and culture because InI roots are the foundation,from Inciency,seen?The sabbath/chisi is a sacred day to the God of our land,there are consquences of defiling the hola day and it is reality,many misfortunes camd befall one who broke it

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/25/2013 5:42:34 PM

To be with JAH in the Crown chakra beyond all time and space, to be at the source, its hard to do especially wen you work is what you love but this is where all life comes from otherwise ya ust being a energy vampire robbing energy from other form....
Sabbath help stay rooted in who we are, where we are from and wher we are going, not of this world ....

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/25/2013 6:02:56 PM

we either spending energy or getting it.....in a holy place...for all energy comes down from spiritual energy, The Mountain where our strenght cometh from, its not in the world,

the sabbath is like a fast, usually we fast from food Christ said we must also fast from the world, no matter how much we enjoy , if we dont fast from world we will never enter the doors to higher heavens

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 6:07:20 PM

Haile I

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/25/2013 6:35:48 PM

rest means restoration, to I and I body, the mind and Irits temple. The place for Jah spirit to dwell.

And One thing the world of lucifer is IandI to have no rest but turmoil, but he gives not as the world gives but he give unto IandI peace because the Lion has conquered the world we just need to follow his lead.

And there is no restoration with out love , we rest and gather our strenght in rest and gather that energy, the Most Highs love, the father strenghtens IandI with that spiritual food, where does love comes from? Not of the world, but is flowed into the world from above through the sons and daughters who are choosen to bridge heaven and earth...and bring fresh gift into earth and or lifes and hearts and minds from the heights , from JAH

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/26/2013 1:14:47 PM

On the sabbath one's light a candle.
On the Hanukkah , light seven candles, the one at top,the seventh, is said to light all other candles,

So the seventh seal,the crown chakra, beyond our physical body...
Is the one that gives life to all other levels, ...so above so below

The sabbath is not easy to use right, to find Jah , who is beyond all time and space, JAH the unknown God, that is JAH ant be known by eyes ears hands a mind or body....:Jah is spirit and to be worshiped in spirit. If we are truly alive in Rastafari we are living in in spirit and the flesh is animated only by thAt spirit of truth. Because the flesh is only a shadow of IandI inner spirit, shadows not real, but our soul that caste a shadow can touch the light .

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I