Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5380&start_row=1

Schizophrenic

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 11/19/2013 5:50:24 AM

Have any Rastas who reason on this site been diagnosed with schizophrenia but refuse to take medication and are successfully doing it ... if so please Reason with I .

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/19/2013 7:48:38 AM

InI was, many years ago when I drank beer. Later diagnosis was changed a few times, manic-depressive, mania, lastly alcoholic. Was last on 'lithium'.

For me, it was simple. InI cannot drink beer and think I can serve Jah. Once that concept was overstood, InI no longer showed signs of craziness.

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 11/19/2013 8:25:53 PM

I overstand , I have had a few beers here and there and they make me feel crazy as well , but I also smoked the herb while on medication and it made me feel like aliens ruled the world , so I stopped both and Im doing well but I would like to get off medication and live my life freely instead having this medication holding my mind back by having me in a confused state and not knowing that I actually exist

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/20/2013 7:27:18 AM

Let Selassie guide your decisions. You might try wtihout, to see if there are withdrawal problems from your meds. If there are, start them back up, then seek Dr Google for alternatives to meds for healing the brain, or natural med sites such as greenmedinfo.com

I know for certain meds, boosting up with certain vitamins may be suggested before stopping. Seek and you will find.

Jah bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2013 4:28:46 PM

what form of Schiz?

Paranoid Schiz? Delusional Schiz? Or the type with Negative effect?

Have you already tryed the CBT route?

What meds r u on? If its Olanzipine or similar type then i'd be cautious - stopping certain antipsychotics suddenly can cause you to be much worse off mentally and physically - alot of those drugs were designed to be tapered off slowly......

It all depends, some can 'grow' out of it mediction free, some smoke herbs and keeps symptoms at bay, some just need to take themselves out of certin environments which can make them worse, but there are many of Schiz people who NEED there meds to prevent them from harming themselves or others......

Jah Bless
GARVEYS AFRICA
Creator of Medicine

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 11/21/2013 2:46:20 AM

Raybob , I will keep praying and keep searching for answers. So are you saying I should start my meds back up if I have serious withdrawal symptoms from the meds ? and do you have any idea what vitamins should be used when tapering off the meds

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/21/2013 3:44:56 AM

InI not saying what you should do, other than follow Jah's spirit. As for vitamins, B12 says this web site:

http://kellybroganmd.com/video/vitamin-b12-deficiency-causes-mental-illness/

Not just diet, but toxic chemicals found in cleaners, soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, etc. Too many sulphates can make one goofy, IMO.

Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 11/23/2013 10:30:35 PM

GARVEYS AFRICA ,

They have diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder
They said I was delusional and that I have disorganized thinking
The medicine that Im on is Invega Sustenna (Shot) and Seroquel (Pill)
and an anxiety medicine for anxiety and Neurontin for sleep , anxiety , and to calm me down because sometimes I get panicky and have panic attacks ,
Ive tried to wean off of the medication but the the doctor (who is not really a doctor she is a nurse practitioner) said that it was not recommended , The only reason I got on the shot is because I was tricked by family and by the nurse practitioner to get on the shot in the first place, ... and then to be told that I had to take it for the rest of my life . I was court ordered in June 2011 because I was drugged down at a psychiatric hospital ( and drugged at home by family members , before I was even sent to that fuckery place ) and I wouldn’t go down without a fight because I knew that they were wrong for even drugging me for no reason and hitting me and punching me and having me get raped by some crazy man ... the reason I kno I was drugged is because they gave me pills and a cup of water late at night when all the other patients were asleep and I knowing dat I didnt need to take the medicine they gave me because I knew there wasnt anything wrong with me , drank the water instead and kept the pills in my hand , I started to feel weird and then eventually I felt like I was about to die and pass out and there was no one to help me , I started trying to get out of the building but there was no where to run so two men came and took off all of my clothes and put me on the hospital uniform while I was fighting to get them off of me (That’s when I knew I something bad was going to happen) and so then after I put up a fight and burned them with words becuz they were in the wrong for even doing me like that in the first place , they took me to a room and put me in restraints on a bed and had me weak and I somehow knew that I was going to pass out ( That’s how I know they drugged me ) , the safety patrol officers , the workers , and even the nurse watched and laughed at me as I was about to pass out and have a rude awakening that I did not deserve ( I was Raped and almost Killed ). I could tell you more about this specific incident but then Babylon would try really persecute me , but Now that Im out here able to walk talk and move freely Babylon has still messed my mind up because they don’t want this story to get out so they drugged me and tried to make it seem like Im crazy and don’t know what Im talking about . Now its it’s a matter of getting my mind back on track before dey try any reason to do what they did to me again and have my mind gone forreal .

Back in November of 2011 I tried to commit suicide on thanksgiving because I couldn’t handle the stress mentally nor physically and I thought the whole city was out to get me and I thought that I was going to die becuz family members drugged me too, previously before I tried this suicide attempt , they held me in the house as if I was a hostage and gave me something that had me feeling crazy and out of reality . They kept telling me that I should go to the hospital but I said no . they wouldn’t let me out of the house for 3 days . I became so paranoid that I thought I was going to jail and that I was going to die in there , I didn’t have these thoughts until my two of my family members drugged me… still to this day they will deny this and try to threaten me with “ You need to go back to the hospital “ when I ask them why they drugged me…. but How can a person lie about something so serious ? and so I bit a safety patrol officer’s hand (who was transporting me to another location at the hospital On Thanksgiving Day 2011 ) becuz I was so paranoid and so out of my mind and I thought that there were going to be people jumping out to kill me and becuz of my previous experience with the psychiatric hospital I had earlier that year… ( Yes I was that out of it and had never done that before “harmed anyone “ ) . All of this happened becuz of members of my family drugged me to have me weak mentally and physically , … and so that’s when I was put in a position to be on a shot or take pills , I was so paranoid that they were poisoning my pills that I didn’t take them ... and so then I was manipulated to take the shot becuz I didnt want to go to jail .

I am going to remain anonymous but I just wanted to give some insight on what I have been thru

I just keep wondering what have I done for them to keep coming after me with bullshit .

I haven’t tried CBT because I don’t have the insurance for it but would love to try that .

Everytime I smoke the herb I remember what they did to me whether it be what happened in the hospital or with some of my family members but I also get very panicky and feel like I don’t have nobody to back me up on what I went thru in 2011 its very hard me

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/24/2013 12:35:12 AM

<<... sleep , anxiety , and to calm me down because sometimes I get panicky and have panic attacks , ...>>

Stay on your meds. You need to get right with Jah first. You need to recognize all fears are from the spirit of error, NOT Jah's spirit. Any anxiety or panic is based in fear, which is NOT of Jah.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 2:48:01 PM

BEST advice for you which may take YEARS of struggle (but one affi be a Mighty Lion to go a Zion) is:

1) KEEP on the medication. (for now)

2) OVERSTAND that NOBODY can save or help you but YOU. Break everything down to the basic quantum law: Everything within the Universe is within You. There are no elements of nature not in man.

3) Put DOWN that Bible, It cant Help you.

4) STUDY the DCM-IV and other medical-and psychiatric texts. YOU have to KNOW at LEAST what the DOCTOR (Or Psych Intern) KNOWS. This means studying the DCM-IV (i think theres a new version out now)? And Medical books, search which medical books are recommended in med-school and for psychiatry placements and read them! There are many online resources such as learn-psychiatry.org but i would recommend good old books s this is what physicians use. Focus on PATHOPHYSIOLOGY and your Definitions.

5) OK, now you have a very junior interns appreciation of Psych. Now you have to know the PHARMACY. What is prescribed for what and why / under which indications. What are the side effects. This can all be found in Lexi-Comp's drug information handbook, or the British National Formulary, or similar.

6) Have a BASIC (only basic needed, you cant expect to learn the whole of this subject) understanding of the PHARMACOLOGY - ie. how the Pharmacy/ drugs work. Their MECHANISM of action on the physiology of the body,. How are the serotonin receptors affected by this drug? What effect will that have on me

- NOW you have enough knowledge to understand your symptoms, understand what symptoms or effects are caused by the drugs, how to come off the medication, when this would be appropriate and even what symptoms you may expect as a result. You will now be able to have a DEBATE / REASONING with your doctor on the ways forward, not just listening to their indoctrination without any representation. You will be treating and prescribing for YOU. The nurse practitioner will get the doctor trust me she doesn't have that knowledge. You will know exactly what to do.

For the final point:

7) Read as much into spirituality and natural healing as you can. But not before points 1-6, this is vital. Read anything from Buddhism to traditional chinese herbal healing.

You will now have a whole new way of interpreting LIFE events and your body and minds reaction to these. Any physical or psychological 'symptom' will now simply be a mechanism of the mind, of which you are in control.

8) Come off all babylon medication, (but keep a good supply in storage), cancel the doctor, and start helping others!

- It may sound like alot or like a struggle but this is a LIFE journey. Remember i said it takes Years. Its better than the alternative trust me. ELEVATE yourself to a GOD.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I