Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5380&start_row=11

Schizophrenic

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 2:55:57 PM

And no I have never had schizophrenia or any schizophrenic symptoms. But I am well-read.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/25/2013 3:58:37 PM

Greetings;

Yes I am seeing Tyler Durden all the time lately...

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 11/25/2013 4:50:51 PM

Garveys Africa says put down the bible. Ras TafarI says:

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I