Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=41

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2013 9:55:42 AM

STICK A PIN

Race is defined as:

n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.

- There are no groups distinguished by different genetically transmitted physical characteristics? I agree with you that the lines for race are Subjective. But one can clearly see the White man is genetically phenotypically different to the African. This can be further broken down between East African and West Africans, or between Shona, Zulu, or the Oromo. While this too plays an importance (and widely acknowledged in Africa) it is important to recognise these differences, not because of how people look but due to their different cultural experiences; just as it is important to remember our similarities and the oneness of humanity. Are you saying there is no need for 'Black Power'?

Strictly speaking, 'White people come from Africa' - is not entirely factual, i mean its still up for debate. Anthropologists still argue today over Monogenism (the theory you stated) VS Polygenism. Then theres the issue of the Neanderthal blood.
I personally dont care. But if the white man did origiate from Africa as in Monogenism - then it is accepted he would have left 'Out of Africa' during the pre-homo sapien sapien stage, not as what we now know as human. AND he then, as human, black, had to undergo over 20 THOUSAND years in the ICE, while Africans were building pyramids and such. I dont say that to discredit white people, just to examplify the signficant differences in the experience (and therefore culture) of the two GROUPS of people from the earliest parts of humanity.
So even in Monogenism - you cant discount different "groups of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution"

Race whether you call it Race or Groups of people or Tribes, EXIST my brother. Speaking as an African who since slavery and transport through the middle passage of the TransAtlantic Ocean, domicile for over 400 years under inequality and total amnesia.... the recognition of the AFRICAN as a group is not something to be played with. Going to the 3rd definition - a genealogical link - most of the children of slavery CANNOT trace their specific genealogical links. We don't have that luxury. We recognise that we were taken from Africa, as Africans. (And didn't go through the past 5 centuries to then be told there is no such thing as Black people or Africans)

Finally, HAILE SELASSIE, MARCUS GARVEY, and KING EMMANUEL I; all spoke of, to, and for, the upliftment of Africans or Black people. So Rasta (by definition) cannot tell I to put down the idea of Race.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2013 11:05:32 AM

So when I say African I mean people of the lineage of The kingdoms of Ethiopia Axum Kemet Nubia Dogon Zulu Chewzi Buganda Bunyoro Mali Ghana Asante Ashante Yoruba and so on; with their specific ancestral experiences and livity manifest through I Rastafari. That's a spiritual cultural physical and genetic relation much more so than the I and a Chinese for example. Which is exalted with full ises to the ancestors. Not to reduce the legitimacy of any other race, but knowledge of self is a common human entitlement; currently shared the Least among black people

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/7/2013 8:36:39 AM

<<<"it is important to recognise these differences">>>

By letting them generate into more different people every new generation, if thats your take then all that that does is creates differences between that that was once the same.

<<<"just as it is important to remember our similarities and the oneness of humanity. Are you saying there is no need for 'Black Power'?">>>

Certainly in this time of the world there must needs to be Black Power as it was so in the beginning. White rulers knows this and bows to the Black. They even claim to have a black bloodline. So where does all this white supremacy comes from??? Look back in the history and see when did the whites start calling themselves supreme over whom they considered to be others.

<<<"Hitler believed that the Aryan race was descended from Adam and Eve, but everyone else evolved naturally.">>>

<<<"he would have left 'Out of Africa' during the pre-homo sapien sapien stage, not as what we now know as human. AND he then, as human, black, had to undergo over 20 THOUSAND years in the ICE">>>

<<<"So when I say African I mean people of the lineage of The kingdoms of Ethiopia Axum Kemet Nubia Dogon Zulu Chewzi Buganda Bunyoro Mali Ghana Asante Ashante Yoruba and so on; with their specific ancestral experiences and livity manifest through I Rastafari. That's a spiritual cultural physical and genetic relation much more so than the I and a Chinese for example">>>

We are all born from the same ancestors, the Great Mother Goddess and Great Father God. So why do white supremists think the world must be ruled by whites? All they did was created lies so as to make them look as if they are different from the rest.

JAH RASTAFARI
ALPHA AND OMEGA
the BEGINNING without ending

Blessed Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 2:20:57 PM

There is no PROOF that we are all born from the same ancestors, as I said its still up for debate. And white supremacy come from the 15th Century when white people, by observing the blueprint set by the Arab slave trade and invasion of Africa of the preceding thousand years, decided to rule the world and 'civilize' an colonize the world for its good, in the name of the queen.

Back to the topic - it is important to recognise the differences in people yes. If i don't recognise a cripple from a independantly mobile person i might not know say the cripple may need a wheelchair. If Nelson Mandela never realised the differences between himself and the Boerish rule of the 1960 elite; then South Africa would still be under Apartheid now...

And even the celebration of these difference is important. Like christmas, or the chinese new year, or diwali - all different cultural celebrations which are shared throughout the world in one unity

Difference doesn't always mean division and is not always a bad thing rasta.

The people of the Kingdoms of Africa i just mentioned do not have the same culture or tradition as anyone else on the planet, they as Africans have held DIFFERNENT way of living for thousands of years, even if we did come from the same ancestor. Thats not to say white people are inferior to black or vice versa - thats Hitlers mistake.

If i know i am a black man with a certain history. I can use that to define iself, as different from somebody without that identity or cultural ancestry. Thats not to say one is higher than the other Rasta.

Unity does not mean the blending together of all culture and genetics into one Super Mulatto one way thing. Fire burn that ideology. Unity can mean each Different individual or group respecting each others differences and sharing commonality. That goes for differences in race / culture or religion.

The word In-Divi-Dual comes from this. In-divide-Dual refers to You and the inner I. Thats why we say I and I-and-I but also still say me and you, where necessary. There is one life and one commonality and spirit between all mankind (and all life energy), but there are also distinct differences, some good, some bad. This is the duality

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 12/7/2013 3:27:45 PM

<<"Strictly speaking, 'White people come from Africa' - is not entirely factual, i mean its still up for debate. Anthropologists still argue today over Monogenism (the theory you stated) VS Polygenism. Then theres the issue of the Neanderthal blood.
I personally dont care.">>

Jah cares. The human 'race' should not be a 'competition race', like the Indy 500. "... Until the color of a man's skin..."

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 4:48:46 PM

Dbl

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 4:49:43 PM

I said I don't care whether it was polygenism or monogenism. But they are both studied by experts in the field black and white, and it is still up for debate. Like the Big Bang theory....burn competition, that's not what we are dealing with. To identify ones self as distinct, isn't to put oneself in competition against others rasta

And in 'Until the colour of a mans skin..' Haile Selassie I states the fact he was an African, talking to Africans, about the need to fight in the land of Africa. He mentions reference to the African race 4 times. It was needed to identify Africans as a one group at a time when he said the speech was a time there was apartheid and the civil war that took place in the continent. Haile Selassie doesn't deal with favouritism, or colourism, but he doesn't deny the identification of his African race. How rasta come to argue this?! If it wasn't for this identification Leonard Howell Marcus Garvey and rastafari culture as we know it would never have come to be.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/7/2013 5:05:04 PM

<<<"There is no PROOF that we are all born from the same ancestors">>>

There is no proof for anything. Again these white dominationists make up the word proof so as for the I and I to think they know more and better than the I and I. It is tradition and spoken of well, that we all come from the same Great Ancestor. This Great Ancestor is also the Creator and the God.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/7/2013 5:15:09 PM

Then how would you explain the 5 different distinct pre modern day human species found dated to 1-3 million years old? Three indigenous to Africa, including the earliest. Bun science and DNA? Bun belief! And black white Chinese and mixed race people a study archeology ancient anthropology and such for their whole life and without even reading the information to make an informed decision people will just dash fire... Too quick fi lick (RIP Junior Murvin). Google: polygenism theory.

Then again - I remembered people still believe in the Adam and Eve story.... So my argument is a wasted argument.

Bless up anyway rasta, the topic is inter racial breeding. For or against?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/7/2013 5:53:02 PM

Google: polygenism theory.

Polygenism is a theory of human origins positing that the human races are of different lineages (polygenesis).

Its a theory. Only theories must needs proof. Let us think of Now. Now in this time we are free to have sex with any human being, so long that the humans are of the correct age, and they both must be willing. But as for royal races keeping their bloodline to themselves is foolish talk. The theory self states that their was one great ancestor who made different races, or differents peoples came from the same creator or ancestor.

Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I