Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=111

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/22/2016 11:51:45 AM

Bredren GA, i think calling for ''breeding'' only within one race is very illogical. Of course, i overs the post-colonial sentiment towards white people and the desire to completely separate from the white man and slave master,which i can overstand and realize the logic behind it, but as Rasta i think we haffi transcend such thinking. If we go to the first people, the Incients, trodding through Africa and Mesopotamia, InI see that they mixed extensively with many different races: African, Arab, Asian etc, so in a sense, we are all already mixed up like it or not. Of course, as i live in a country which has a huge white majority, i'm not gonna go out of my way to fin a black woman, but if such a thing happens where i fall in love wiht any woman of color, i'm not gonna reject it just because of the color of someones skin, and vice versa! That is I thinking.

Blessed love,
Selassie I

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/22/2016 1:03:25 PM

"We are all already mixed" then how is that the majority of Africans (continental) and non-mix diaspronans no other dna shows up.

Its not a must that we all become a mix and mingle. If that was the case how certain features ever become localized in the fist place? Like bred with like and produced like!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2016 1:12:19 PM

Marcus Garvey made a famous speech on the subject instructing the black race on this issue directly. I law is with Garvey. Sometime people confuse the subject by playing semantics between race and nationality and colour when InI surely know what we mean. Preservation of the African people is crucial in this Iwa, the instruction of rasta foundation can not be pacified by the actions of modern day festival going ras dem neither!! Black supreme. Give thanks I dem

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/22/2016 2:35:50 PM

Many thanks for the perspectives!

Yes JAH Child, I and I Wombman are bringing a life into this world. She is 10 weeks pregnant right now. We are very excited and extremely thankful that JAH has allowed us to assume the responsibilities of parenthood. I feel that this child of JAH will be I and I's biggest contribution to the movement of Ras Tafari. As the Afrikan traits and genes are the most original and strongest, our child will be more dark than light. I have a responsibility to raise this life with Afrikan consciousness and knowledge of the world-state concerning racial issues. I and I Wombman have been talking about this and feel that we do not want to push any spiritual belief system onto the child; rather, we will teach by example and if the child resonates with our views and practices then they will surely grow in and as Ras Tafari. I can see why many people would not promote such a situation.. We have heard much of this throughout our relationship but see a simple solution to these issues.. If JAH saw our situation as un-fit to bring life and lead by example, then a child would not come at this time..

I completely respect and overstand why ones and ones feel that the races need to be preserved in their original context. A few things I think about this.. 1: Humans have long been 'mixing'.. Example: Mexican is a race. Mex = Mix between indigenous and Spanish.. 2: The original Humans are Afrikan so for there to be the many races of today some-sort of mixing had to occur, either environmental/geological or direct procreation or a mix of both. 3: As the Afrikan peoples are the original peoples, that genealogy has survived all ages and all mixing because it is the dominate trait when mixing is present.

All in all I am very glad to be in the loving relationship I am in, and very thankful that a child -- a gift from JAH -- is coming into our lives.

One Love

Most High

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/22/2016 4:12:12 PM

Blessings unto di I's! New life is worthy of celebration!

This one's for you and your Kween 😊;

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/22/2016 4:12:13 PM

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/22/2016 4:31:38 PM

More blessings to the I and family!

"Mexican is a race" as GA say play semantics or confuse race and nationality! There are Afro-Mexican,Mestizo Mexicanos, Indio-Mexicanos (with different tribes) Germanic-Mexicans and so on whomever migrates there.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/22/2016 5:34:07 PM

VR - i did not say at all that we MUST mix. i even stated clearly that we are not gonna go out of our way to "mix" with another race, but if it happens it happens.

GA - i overs the reasoning bredren and if the I has decided to follow the teachings and reasoning of Marcus Garvey that is fine with I, I do not agree with it and think it is wrong, but i overs the reasoning behind it and as always nuff respect to the I and I thoughts!

My thinking: a child from its youth, if taught and brought up correctly, with the right educational/moral/spiritual teaching, is the only thing that matters to InI. It makes no difference whether black,yellow or white.

Nuff love and respect,
Rastafari.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/22/2016 6:09:57 PM

As far as Black Liberation, INI have the DEEPEST of RAspect unto the Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey, but unlike him, I do not praise Jesus Christ. I also do not sight HIM as Garvey did.

We can praise the teachings of our esteemed and beloved elders without necessarily agreeing with everything they taught, no true?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/22/2016 7:17:06 PM

Most I bless the I + Iwomban HempIyah, may it be a joyful and healthy pregnancy, and a strong and happy child. I am very happy for the Is since I remember talking w the I about a year ago when the Is were in different places n planning to unite full time. Glad to see the progress, fullbless + More Life

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I