Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5378&start_row=101

Inter racial breeding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/19/2014 7:51:01 PM

I was thinking earlier, and an idea came to mind.
If all the races did mix (which, if given enough millenia in this globetrotting society, they are bound to), there will probably come a day when the climate changes again, causing global technological regression, and people to be separated by geology like I&I were thousands of years ago. Then the process of adapting to specific environments will begin again, and separation of races will occur.
I&I can imagine that this has happened before, maybe even more than once - who knows how old the Irth is and what was going on all that time?... Complete conjecture here, just an idea.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/19/2014 9:29:56 PM

^The African race have been there from creation 1 and must always survive through times of racial mix up. I like the idea of climate change, fire and brimstone. A look who say it the longest; it must fall.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/22/2016 12:43:02 AM

Greetings Ras Tafari

I see that this topic has not been discussed in a while..

The threads first post: "we are all equals in the eyes of jah.

but my question is what do ones and ones think or feel about inter racial breeding? it don't matter? Or it's wickedness? Burn racial division? Or who ever you in love with a so it go? Is it important or relevant to protect the essence of your bloodline?"

I think that if interracial breeding was forbidden by JAH, then biologically it simply wouldn't work. Almost like the races were so different that species would have to be distinguished.. This might be an oversimplification; but, as I am in an interracial relationship, it is very simple for me to see that love transcends the boundaries that babylonian mindsets impose. I ask and pray for JAH to send a Woman so I can grow in Love and the Woman that JAH have I meet is Black and Beautiful. We are strong in Love and growing a family!

What do the ones and ones who are here now think?

Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2016 1:57:21 AM

It was directly outlawed by Marcus Garvey and we were not shown the example of racial interbreeding by His Majesty or ethiopian tradition. Rasta and them new found ideologies or something?

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 7/22/2016 2:21:46 AM

Greetings in the name of the MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I...

LOVE have NO COLOR and it's NOT PARTIAL...
LOVE is JAH and JAH is LOVE...SIMPLE...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/22/2016 3:30:49 AM

"Growing a family" Hemphill da I&I bringing a youth? Give thanks + More Life

Being in Ethiopia it is clear to I&I that Ethiopians are comprised of all different geno and phenotypes... Vast ranges of shades of skin, all hair textures, all eye colors are present in Ethiopian people. Sometimes I see people I could swear were Mexican or Indian, but they are Ethiopian. I know an Oromo womban whose facial features look very Asian.

I dont think there is such thing as interracial breeding, we are all one Human race.. The differences among us, real as they are, are traits of variety within our race.

Love Iverlasting

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/22/2016 4:05:20 AM

Completely idiotic, foolish and regressive thinking without any credible basis.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/22/2016 5:06:23 AM

As far as de wisemind of Black Ipremacy is concerned, interrational breeding is discouraged amongs RASTA Igels. It has got nothing to do with racism or descrimination as many who misoverstand de foundation of de de RASTA movement think. As people of dis planet & de whole Iniverse I&I haffe unite & live in Oneness. Even those dat want to mix interratioaly let dem do as they wish, but what ones & ones haffe know dat there are de chosen few dat have taken de responsibility of preserving de Black Race & de other Races of dis world on their shoulders. Dis are de ones dat stand fo de cause of de Nyahbinghi movement which is de foundation of de RASTA movement. People haffe aware dat amongst de responsibilities of RASTA is to preserve de Black race & other races. One Perfect Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/22/2016 5:15:29 AM

Jah Seeker brethren what are you referring to?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/22/2016 11:13:53 AM

I have never liked the term "breeding" when speaking of human beings. It strikes me as "plantation" terminology. I rarely (if ever) hear this term applied to white relationships and families. It has the stench of racist language applied to Black people and/or animals.

As an Afrikan woman, my natural reflection would be an Afrikan man. INI celebrate Black Love and The Black Family, first and foremost.

Using Ethiopia and HIM as examples of "black purity" falls short, for as sistren JC mentions, Ethiopia has a long history of inter racial bloodlines. Their phenotypes are a result of both environment/climate AND interactions with non Afrikans. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to people that HIM is not an Arab, or Indian, but an AFRIKAN. To those who do not know HIM, he is often assumed to be everything but Afrikan!

We all know that Marcus Garvey and the early Rasta elders forbid interracial relations...Though truth be told, there is little evidence that Rasta adheres to this. Just go to any Reggae festival and take a good look around! It is DISPROPORTIONATELY interracial!

I recommend reading the Sex and Race series by J.A Rogers, who beautifully demonstrates that long before slavery and the Afrikan Holocaust, people have historically mixed with each other.

Who can claim to be pure anything? I dare suspect that not too many people can. What is our barometer when defining Black People? Anything less then what percentage? Anything more or less then what degree of melanin? We are the most beautifully varied people on Earth! And we have been long before mixing with others!

YOU CANNOT DEFINE AN AFRIKAN BY ANY PARTICULAR COMPLEXION, EYE COLOR, FEATURE OR HAIR TYPE!

WE ARE THE PARENTS OF ALL HUMANITY.

That being said, though INI acknowledge LOVE in whatever form, some of us have chosen to have a cultural responsibility to choose BLACK LOVE and family.

In I life, trodding on several continents and among different cultures and peoples, I have come across the darkest of Black people who have been conditioned to be traitors to INI, and light skinned Afrikans who valiantly throw themselves on the front lines of the Afrikan battle for liberation. I know a Jamaican Rasta sistren who grew up being affectionately referred to as "whitey".....but hear me good when I tell you that this Sistah is a MIGHTY AND FIERCE warrior!!!! AO!!!!

Look at Phil Valentine! The brothah can surely pass for white! Yet he is active in the Afrikan Liberation movement. Look at Marley, Elijah Mohammed, Haile Selassie I, even Malcolm! (his mother was "mixed")

I'd rather have an Angela Davis type on the battlefield next to me....then a dark skinned uncle Tom.

I have seen nuff confused interracial children, yes. But I have also seen equally confused black children with 2 black parents.

I am not promoting interracial relations. Do not misoverstand. I'm simply demonstrating that at the end of the day, Mama Afrika stretches forth her hand (genes) to all parts of our world, in various degrees and shades. And that BLACKNESS cannot be measured and weighed by any percentage of melanin, but by CONSCIOUSNESS and WORKS towards Afrikan Liberation.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 154

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I