Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5368&start_row=1

Selassie is the Only way to Zion

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: flyhighwithjah Sent: 11/11/2013 9:20:13 PM

My Grandpa ( Who is a christian ) was trying to blast me about how Im wrong for growing my hair the neglect/natural way to get dreadlocks and then he went on to say that Rastafari is not the only way to zion ... I did not argue with him but as far as my knowledge ... " Without Selassie There is no eternal Life or (Zion)" Why do christians try to make a fool out of the Rastafari Way of Life as if it is a joke ?

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/12/2013 1:01:15 AM

Because they probably imagine a stereotypical rasta when they consider the merits of rastafari - a jamaican with locks, smoking a spliff, wearing red/yellow/green and listening to reggae music. Plus, there's the racist element and the appparent novelty of rastafari. In other words- ignorance is why

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2013 2:09:32 AM

Many paths to the same destination. Selassie is the ONLY way. Is the SAME Christian concept of JESUS is the ONLY way. No other religion claims this...

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/12/2013 11:10:13 AM

Greetings;

Just remember this Idren:

The wisdom of Jah is foolishness with the world,
and the wisdom of the world is foolishness with Jah.

Matthew 5:11-13

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Now as far as I know if you catholic men will praise you,if you greek orthodox men will praise you,and so on...

But if you Rasta,people think your funny and foolish,but this is a good sign Idren,we all get critisised and despised by Babylon.

also I've read in Tao Te Ching:
if it is not being laughed at,then it is not the great Tao(WAY)...

InI have to hold FIRM,no matter what other do or say,and in the end InI shall gain the crown of victory.

Also I have noticed that arguing with people who are not ready to listen,(have ears but do not hear),is worthless,and will only make them think even more that your faith is in vain.

Blessed love;
InI Jah RastafarI;
Haile Selassie I;

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/13/2013 2:09:13 AM

How can Ones and Ones despute the Existence Yeshua of Nazareth unless born of unbelief? I will speak but I wount judge; I find this to be ungodly. Matters of faith are such that scientific evidence will not exist, so that doubt in believers should not arise, and faith be rewarded. But thats my opinion.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/13/2013 5:11:01 AM

My faith has nothing to do with whether Jesus exist. I believe the whole book was written by pagans , probably the roman piso family., who were aware of the Many Christ / redeemer stories of the time, with the intention to use this knowledge for their advantage in the name of imperialism and enslavement. But just because ones believe that doesn't make them ungodly or those of no belief. Quite the opposite..... Rasta don't need bible story or bible Jesus.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/13/2013 10:27:16 AM

It is good, Garveys Africa, when the I gives the I stand in earnest concerning Jesus of Nazareth.Let me ask this one question: What did HIM confess of His faith in Jesus Christ?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/13/2013 11:32:37 AM

Same question keep reappearing to I man but a so it go...

I don't care for His majesty's religion, that's up to him. Just like I don't care for his eating habits, nobody know or certain if selassie I Ital or not.... It makes no difference and never has. Originally we never looked to Haile because he was a good Christian, it has nothing to do with his faith. I man love haile as I man father and only king of unconquerable indiginous Ancient African power. I see the divinity in myself through seeing the divinity within HIM. This has nothing to do with religion. I love my mother and can see her divine nature..... She's a Christian too. I bun christianity, that doesn't mean I hate my mother or she's not my mother or anything.

And another thing, nuff Rasta are Hypocrit! Talk about Yashua this and black Jesus this and all this rasta modern bible interpretation. The hypocrisy lies in the fact that HIM talked about Jesus not yashua or anything else, Jesus he dealt with. And majority of Ethiopian churches show the same White blue eyes Christ. So while you say I'm wrong for not believing in the same religious belief as haile...... Then unless u have white Jesus hang up in your yard and a follow Ethiopian Orthodox Church then you too are not following his religion or religious beliefs

One brethren on here gave me some knowledge he told me:According to the bible, in Acts it say Christianity was brought into Ethiopia by a missionary call PHILLIP

I don't know if that sound funny to some....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/13/2013 12:16:22 PM

Have to remember Haile Selassie declared himself a Ethiopian. Most Ethiopians will talk about Ethiopia and Ethiopia...

I man BUN Ethiopia.....

I've never in my life heard a more racist name for a country be repeated by even it's own members and it's ruling entity. Why rastafari who change so many words and claim to be careful of speech still a say Ethiopia? What a dutty word...

It serves as an example of the Damage the European mindset which is in the bible has caused to black people as a whole. So if Haile selassie talks about his belief in Jesus which was obtained from the book which renamed his home country to a racist name..... And I choose to dash down that book completely, I don't see the problem.

And the name is Abyssinia.

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 11/13/2013 11:09:34 PM

GARVEYS AFRICA, aren't you and the one called BLACK HEART one and the same person?

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I