Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5367&start_row=1

Israelites,Hebrews of the Bible White or Black?

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/11/2013 2:23:21 PM

Greetings;
I was readin' through Jeremiah,and what I can't overstand is if the Hebrews/Israelites,where all black like some claim,then how can you explain Jeremiah:

chapter 13;

23:Can the Ethiopian change his skin,or the leopard his spots?then may ye also do good,that are accustomed to do evil.

The words,"can the ethiopian change his skin",tell I that the Ethiopian (African) has a different skin color than the the Jews,Hebrews/Israelites(in those days).

Now,I man is realy interested in findin' out the truth,and not just quikly choose the version that seems most comfortable for my mind (like some people do)...
And I'm realy not interested in offending the opinion of those who want to believe they were all black,or all white,but to I the truth just matters most.

Also in Solomon's Song it say:

chapter 1;

5:I am black,but comely,o ye daughters of Jerusalem,as the tents of Kedar,as the curtains of solomon.
6:Look not upon me,because I am black,because the sun hath looked upon me...

Do not these words also tell I that the people of Jerusalem were not black...

Anyway, notice also the numerology of the first scripture I posted,it's 13;23.Both the most important numbers probably for InI.
Those who have learned about the meaning of these numbers for InI know their power also,those who yet haven't I sugest you do some research on that...

anyway,I man is not lookin' for things in the bible or elsewhere,to be able to say,aha look the Israelites where black,or they where white...
but realy,since there have been alot of discussions on black and white and so on,both on this forum,and outside of it,I just wanted to ask the I's opinion on this scripture.

Blessed love;
InI Jah RastafarI;
One Love;

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2013 2:07:22 AM

Ethiopian = burnt face.
Jew / Hebrew = a religion.
Semetic = a language.

The bible decribes the Hebrews as a 'nation' but history will tell you the earliest record of the Hebrew faith showed it was multi-cultural following. Racism as we know it wasnt invented until the 16th Century. Your second quote is widely sued to PROVE the presence of African Hebrews so i dont fully overs your interpretation of black and comely. Also the bible shows when the Hebrews were in trouble in Jerusulem, they ran back to EGYPT for protection under Black Pharoah after the Kingdom of Judah fell. Also, Revelation states the Israelites will be taken back into Slavery through Ships across the sea. This is quite obvious.

But, for me its ALL pointless. one cannot look to the bible for historical accuracy. ESPECIALLY when it comes to accrediting the black race for anything. Remember the curse of Ham? What we hve to remember is the 400 years of enslaving the african, meanwhile your printing a bible that says Gods chosen people are African? Obviously something has to 'change' here.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2013 3:17:09 PM

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/13/2013 8:47:49 AM

Well,if one want to use the Ible to search for the Israel's identity then its Ila,here we go.

When Moses fled from Egypt,him fleed to the Priest of Midian,Jethro,whose daughters mistook Moses as an Egyptian(who we know are black)

Again Jah made Moses to place his hand under him bossom,when him took it out,it was white with leprosy,and him returned it,and it came back to normal.

In those days,a white skin showed the presence of leprosy.
Another issue, Jah forbade the Israel to intermarry,then why did HIM let Moses marry an Ithiopian woman,because they were one(black).

One good present fact about the colour of the Hebrews is H.I.M Haile Selassie I,who is Ithiopian Hebrew and black.

The truth is revealing

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/1/2013 6:23:10 PM

Nomatter where you come from as long as you are blackman,you are born African

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2013 7:15:42 PM

Words of missa Tosh

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/4/2013 8:24:19 AM

Israelites are not white or black but israeli. The Hebrews tho were as you say Black. They came from Egypt. Egypt was then known as the Black land the same as Ethiopia. Father I Moses led them out of Egypt.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/4/2013 9:47:50 AM

I have doubts about a man that lead us out of the black land. Ramesses II was one of our greatest: Rule from Central Eastern Africa to the Middle East to parts of India. African global supremacy. But a so the story goes....

I prefer to tell the youth the story of Marcus, same Moses story, better geography.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 12/6/2013 6:00:21 AM

Many people around the world claim to have traced their lineage to the tribes of Israel. Do you think the Israelites formed different races?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2013 9:02:35 AM

Exactly and many of them are right. I dont place the tribes of Israel over any other indigenous tribes of African culture. Israel, in part, was governed and populated by Africans at the time; but not only Africans. And even MORE than Egypt - due to its location as the centre of trade between Africa and Asia - it was a very multicultural land. The Hebrew is not a race but a religion / culture. The Israelite was a person from or currently inhabiting the land mass of what the bible refers to as Israel. Combine the two and there you have the Hebrew Israelites.
One of the reasons Rasta claim the lineage is obviously because of the connotations between 'The Tribe of Judah' - but overstand the Ethiopians and HIM use this title for their throne because it is an Orthodox Christian Country and therefore will use Biblical references. And being the cradle of creation, they woud have a genetic link to some of the Hebrew Israelites; but i'm saying this would be no more than they are linked to the Kushites. +Pre-Christian Ethiopia never had this title for their throne, it wasn't a Jewish country.

I remember as a Young child reasoning that the Hebrews were black, Mary was black, Moses was black..... and according to biblical scripture, many of them clearly are.

Then I got wiser and realised none of it changes MY identity. None of it discredits or further credits Jah to InI. From I know anything and almost everything in the Bible is subject to BELIEF and a degree of scholastic evidence based uncertainty. I see it as a Divisive trick to confuse the African. We want to call ourselves Israelites like today we want to call ourselves American or British or even West Indian; anything apart from an African. Even in the continent, the tribalism is often promoted over the African oneness, and where this happens there is usually a foreign invader waiting to profit. We dont need to travel to the Middle East and find out about Israel. Our history / culture that we KNOW of from the place we KNOW we are from, without belief, is enormous in terms of volume and value. Africa is the source of everything and white people know it - we need to take our minds of America and Europe and now the Middle East? All the while they are still invaders in Africa while the blackman looks elsewhere. Up Ye Mighty Race.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I