Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=536&start_row=1

the role of sisthrens in rastafari

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress aby Sent: 12/30/2004 2:39:02 AM

i am just wondering why rastafarian women appear to be subservient to their men. is there a reason for this, because i am a rastafarian woman and i would like a rastafarian man, but i would despise it if he expects me to be gullible and at his disposal.

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 12/30/2004 1:58:39 PM

To INI there is nothing about Rastafari that downpresses the woman, seen. It is the responsibility of the woman to hold her own and not tolerate sexism or any sort of disrespect, no matter for what reason. Rastafari is about consciousness and righteousness, and men who degrade women and men who abuse women therefore are not truely Rastaman because they do not live conscious lives, for if they did they would care for the well-being of their lovers above most everything else.

In a relationship there must be mutual respect for both the man and the womans role. If the role of one of them is disregarded then there is inbalance in the relationship, thus making it unhealthy, therefore not part of the Ital livity seen.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 12/30/2004 2:56:47 PM

Well said Ras John.

Naturally, if a sistren knows herself and what she wants in life, His Majesty will bless the sistren with a Kingman befitting.

Insperience teaches wisdom. Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/30/2004 4:52:26 PM

Haile Selassie I taught equality of women.

Some people don't want to Live the ways of Selassie I but prefer the ways of their foreparents.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I