Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5346&start_row=1

Approaching a Rasta man

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/1/2013 6:07:41 PM

There is a rasta who I see almost every week day on the bus. I find something very captivating about him.What is the best way to approach him to see if he's single, etc?l

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/3/2013 5:40:08 AM

Rasta Greetings (Guaranteed smile and loving response if the bredda is righteous):

HAILE
HAILE-I
HAIL
HEAVEN-HI (NOT Hell-Low)
ISES
GREETINGS (12 TRIBE STYLE)
MY LORD / YES MY LORD (BOBO STYLE)

AND DONT BOTHER ASK IF HIM SINGLE. NUFF A WE EMANCIPATE LONG TIME ABOVE SINGULARITY AND PLEURALITY.

ON A SIDE NOTE: SAY THE BREDDA HAVE 3 WIFE AT HOME, BUT HIM PREE YOU TO BE HIM NEXT EMPRESS TOO, AND THE OTHERS DIDNT MIND.... ANCIENT AFRICAN TRADITION, WHA U A SAY? OPEN MIND? OR YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROMANTIC ROMAN-ANTICS OF MONOGOMY?

LOL

(Nothing wrong with monogomy btw, look at HIM and his Queen)

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/3/2013 1:11:03 PM

Greetings Lioness Star;
some more information,on you,him,the situation in general would be very useful in order to answer to your question...

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 11/3/2013 5:09:17 PM

sistrin, just talk to him and keep it real. nature will do the rest ,seen?

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/5/2013 9:46:27 PM

Garveys Africa ---- Haile-I, ( I'm taking your advice on the greeting!) give thanks! I am so happy I got responses, because ever since I posted this I haven't seen him anymore.. But I am faithful that I will. As far as the question you ask... Honestly I can not handle sharing a man, so it would not work. I want the HIM and Empress marriage model... :) by the way I was going to ask him if he is married, because I want him to know that it important to me to be the only one.. I had one interaction with him.. We were coming off the bus and I said ' have a good nite' and he said ' bless' and kept it moving... such a mystery .. In a good way!

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/5/2013 9:56:38 PM

Jahbuckihi--- Haile-I , give thanks for your response... I am shy in a way but I am in agreement that I have to keep it real and just let nature take its course , whether it is in my favor or not .. I don't like the fact of approaching a man at all.. I come from the old school I guess. Lol .. I feel that it is not best for a woman and I have that thought that a man may look at it as desperation.. However based on the routine of day to day life if I don't step up I may never know...I am going to keep it real tho, swallow my pride and do it!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2013 10:44:01 PM

Shame say you miss him. You not seen him since? Sister which part of the earth u deh?

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/5/2013 11:17:13 PM

Ras-nate-1995, Haile-I , give thanks for your response! Ok this is the story...
I take the bus to work mon-thurs and I normally get on like two stops after he is already on the bus. I sit in the very front , him in the back of the bus... There's always tons of people sitting in the middle. Routine . Routine.. I am friendly , so I have small talk with the bus driver while I'm sitting in front.. Giggles, smiles, and yes I do bring the bus driver a snack sometimes.. ( may look like more than small talk huh, but it is just kindness) so I suppose the guy I'm interested in sees all this.. Nonetheless , he always get off at his stop and me a seperate stop after.. Never see him til the routine continues the next morning.. Through this period which has been about 2 months we had eye contact a few times, a distant smile once or twice between us, and a one time day when we caught the same bus back home and we got off at the same stop and I say 'have a goodnite' he looks me in the eye and replies 'bless' and disappears in a way. That is it in a nutshell! From my perspective he always seems so focused on his trod and like he is focused on something higher than everything around him. And I love it!

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/5/2013 11:24:04 PM

Garveys Africa ,Well I haven't seen him in let's say 3 days.i'm ok with that because I needed that time to build up my courage. I'm hoping I'll see him tomorrow.. I'll let u know.. I'm in New Jersey!

Messenger: Lioness star Sent: 11/6/2013 7:42:08 AM

Well just an update every one. I finally did it ... Nervous as ever but I did it... I greeted him as advised, asked if he was married.. He said yes... He has a fiancé ... He was nice tho asked me for my name, where I work, where i live and about my locks.. He asked if my locks was just for fashion or if I had the teachings.. I told him I have the teachings.. He asked me if I had a number.. I said yeah and reached in my purse for the paper I had prepared since 3 days ago! Lol...he laughed.. I told him i dont want any problems ( wit the whole fiance thing) he said 'naah' . he asked me how long I noticed him, I said for a while. That's it guys! So now I am a little confused as far as the purpose of giving him my number... But I feel happy I did anyway, maybe we can reason or maybe he can lead me to the right one.. one ting doh ...me nah gon b wife #2 or 3 for nobody...Thanks everyone for ur support .. Lol

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I