Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5340&start_row=41

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/10/2013 8:18:29 AM

Fireful teachings Iyah,so do we have to burn di bible?But some say the whole book is an African story,so why put a fire?
The way I see it is dat the bible was only mispreached in an Eurocentric way.What we should burn is the way we were taught to Iverstand it by the slave master.
Because many African practises are written in the Ible but were only taught the Eurocentric way.
The Mau mau,nyahbingí,Mbuya neHanda,etc,such characters are there in the Ible positively,but I think dats why H.I.M said we should find our own truth in it,because its an African story.
We only need to search for that truth,even if the slavemasters misindoctrinated we with the bible,they couldnt hide the whole truth in it,dat Life began in Africa,dat Jesus is Black,and the Israelites black too,dat the promised land is Africa.The Bible is real if read with the spectacles of Ithiopia,but becomes a tool of oppression if read with other people's spectacles.

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/10/2013 11:44:39 AM

I see the bible as: literal, metaphorical and allegorical. Sometimes it is storytelling - sometimes it is literal. Sometimes it reads like a book of laws and rules. I feel the bible is clearly written by man but inspired by jah

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 11/10/2013 1:43:59 PM

Zoin Mountain, the said:

"The way I see it is dat the bible was only mispreached in an Eurocentric way.What we should burn is the way we were taught to Iverstand it by the slave master."

Yes I, good point. One of the slavemaster tricks was to have the Bible written in a laguage most people could either read or understand. Haile Selassie I made a translation into amaric in ethiopia and taught I and I to read for ourselvs to recieve the Message whithin.

Those that have eyes shall see.

Selassie I is the almighty

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 11/10/2013 2:34:42 PM

The ible shows l nl the iniversal truth that even if times change from generation to generation the facts of life among humans and nature never change,seen.nomatter how advanced l n l might think are,the same principles of old apply to l n l life,seen,it reveals wisdom righteousness and helps l n l overstand l life in a better way,seen.

Blessed love

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 11/10/2013 2:43:08 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/10/2013 4:01:05 PM

And to keep banging home this point

People say if it isn't the word of God, then it's inspired by God? What is inspired by God? Everything out of my mouth is inspired by Jah. Should I write a bible?
'Inspired' doesn't make it infallible

My thing is: as Africans post slavery and as Rasta we tend to bun Babylon and Babylon concept. If that's true you can't pick and choose bun this from Babylon but I'm gonna keep hold of this. BUN all European concept. Reset your mind ina your Refounded Africanness. If you think about it, most Christian countries in Africa are Christian because of missionary work from white Europe. This was in an attempt to 'civilise' them. Are we to believe these indiginous Africans were doomed to Hell or could never be civilised without that book? And as the bible is fairly new book in the world history of the black man who been here for 1000s to milions of years..... What were our people doing before the bible was written? Were they all doomed to hellfire and damnation too? Ca the bible say the ONGU way to be saved is through Jesus Christ.

So through InI resetting I mind in the name of African redemption I know not of any bible. I never heard of Bible. I bun Europe and I bun his Books!

People also say well the bible Is stolen from Africa or African stories. Well put down the second hand knowledge, put down the bible, and go search for the original!!! In Africa!
+ If your black I endorse all of the texts mentioned by Zionmountain and Duru

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 11/11/2013 3:48:11 AM

Yes I my bredrin GarveyAfrica
This is an inspiration to I mi Idren,and the I got the real African Irit,big up.

True true,if the blackman mind is defaulted to reset him nuh know the bible.My question is if we dont refer to the bible,what about the Kebra Negast and the Holy Piby.Apart from Marcus Garvey where can we find prophecies about the coming of H.I.M???
Where can we find our own source of scriptures,and which are our own source?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 1:33:02 PM

To answer you directly King, The Holy Piby is not a historical book, it is a book written on the interpretations of a black man in the time, for liberation of self from the clutches of white supremacy. Similar to The Royal Parchment Scroll of Black Supremacy. We KNOW these books are not historical chronological FACT. BUT they are still very important, to understand the mindset, and the mission at hand. And they do mention many indigenous African concepts like the recognition of the Man Woman and Child as Divine (which YOU know was practiced in Kemet LONGtime). Nah put them books down.
The Kebra Negast is similar to a bible book - written in the same allegorical way. The Kebra Negast is a mixture of Ethiopian History, Ethiopian spirituality and Ethiopian mythology or folk-law. Again, that doesnt mean we should put it down. Just like a Roman shouldnt put down his bible (a joke we a make).

I want to say every piece of knowledge has value whether correct or incorrect, as long as you can critically appraise the two. When i read bible I want to know What the text is saying.... But equally where that doctrine is coming from and originates, who gave it and WHY it was given to the people. Rather than look at it LITERALLY and STOP there. I want to know all aspects of this unreferenced historically inaccurate book collection which my people have sworn by for centuries. And ANY negative or anti-african text or under-text or sub-plot I have to Investigate before I BURN it from creation. No more attacks on Africa, Africans and African Practice. And after I read the christian book, I may need some Kemetic Science or Obeah / Voodoo knowledge to refresh myself in some African tradition which we love.....

People will see Bible a say 'God will Punish Ethiopia' in Isiah and come up with all sorts of far-stretched out there interpretations to suit them in accordance to gods word. On Face value, i want to know why a MAN has written and Published that Ethiopia has or had a Divine Punishment? Was it because the Ethiopians were so wicked? Or the wicked intentions of the man writing it?

I hear MANY rasta scared a say if we put down the bible then what can we have? To quote SARASUTENSETI, we dont need an instruction manual from a personified God to tell us what is already in our nature.

To hammer home this point to all rasta...

If Haile Selassie is crowned King of Ethiopia from 1930, and nobody has been crowned since, no replacement king, no successor to this day today. Then WHY do we need Bible or Kebra Negast references to validate him? He is already deh ya! I dont need reference to validate me, im here and i know it. .... NO OTHER African country or African leader can claim such an African Originality. They all had their so called 'independence' given to them recently by a European or Arab. Before that they were under rule. Chancellor Williams theorised the many different tribes and >2000 languages in Africa, is mainly due to the effect of thousands of years of this kind of foreign invasion - some Africans died, some stayed in their native land under foreign rule and foreign religious rule, but some Africans refused this life - and were forced to the many uninhabitable areas of africa, bush-lands, desert land and such, to escape the invader (and his cross or half moon)..... and this is a major factor in the many different isolated secluded but ANCIENT tribes. For example the DOGON.... Indigenous tribe people on the run from babylon for centuries and millennia. Ok. Now we love all of AFRICA but when we compare this history to that of ETHIOPIA. There is no higher inspiration for African survival.

If you really want a reference for Jah, then Rasta, go to the HISTORY books of Ethiopia PRE-Makeda and Pre-SOLOMON. Go to books and references you know as FACT. Ethiopians can be traced 2.5 million years (or did they go to 3 million with a recent find?), and we still no so little pre-people mentioned in the bible.

The knowledge of the pure blooded unconquerable Kingdom, and its King's status as the lead of the African Union and proposed President of the United States of Africa and the Diaspora as one (if you Google/Research - this was REALLY going to happen under HIM).....and the facts based on his life, then this isnt reference enough?

To finish, YOU ARE THE REFERENCE. Anytime you stand up in a nobility and in the name of indigenous African justice, then that no Haile Selassie in the I? Unconquerable African kingly character.

RESET .

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/25/2013 1:38:34 PM

I remember a friend of Muta (sorry I cant remember his name right now.....) who call in regular as an Ancient Dread. He once reasoned with Mutabaruka about defining Righteousness.

They defined Righteousness as: the conscious effort to free the minds of black people from white supremacy.

HAILE SELASSIE I

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/2/2014 12:15:47 PM

The most popular bibles comes from the king James's version (1600s). Other newer versions is more detailed. There are more bibles with detailed books in it. Newer versions are brought forth and newer books are translated so we get a better overstanding. The Bible of the Emperor Haile Selassie I is one of the oldest bibles (Just After Christ Death). The Emperor kissed the bible. It can be viewed (seen( in this video:

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I