Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5340&start_row=21

Bredrens, do you read the Bible as the literal word of God or only as a sort of manual?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/7/2013 11:01:47 AM

I don't see how a rasta could have faith in HIM and not have any regard for the faith HIM had during his lifetime. It seems like hypocrisy. You dislike Christianity so much that you omit it from any overstanding you have of HIM......and it seems you feel this way because you see Christianity as representing white people. This is sad. You should believe in HIM 100%

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 11:39:47 AM

But selassie wasn't a rasta. So to follow his teachings he guides you to be a Christian so I'm asking why are you not Christian like haile said?

The Ethiopian church sees his majesty as their pope - earthly representation of Jesus Christ

So why not join them as he said?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 11:45:24 AM

Haile selassie claim Jesus Christ as his saviour

Rasta come along and BUN Jesus completely. What's the problem? People coming like it's me alone in dis. That's jus rasta, like I said if ones want the same faith as his majesty go be a Christian

Messenger: Righteous Lion Sent: 11/7/2013 1:14:53 PM

Yes I, Greetings to the Idrens and Sistrens home and abroad! Greetings to mi breddren Garveys Africa, not all rastas bun, or shun Yeshua the Christ. InI miself follow the teachings of Yeshua the Christ, and believe that Yeshua is Jah Almighty clothed in flesh to walk and talk with mankind. If we bun Christ then we have bun our own faith, because what Selassie taught was bout Christ. We (mankind) are on a journey to trod thru dis earth and a spiritual journey to reunite back with JAH. Selassie never taught how to reunite with him, but with Christ.YESHUA is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT, NO one can come to the FATHER JAHOVAH except thru Christ!!

Messenger: Jah Dub Sent: 11/7/2013 2:06:08 PM

I'm not saying to follow HIM's faith but to have a respect for it

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:14:57 PM

Yes I know theres many rasta who work with the Jesus story. Most rasta come to this Journey as Christians first, i know that as fact. But over the 70+ years we been on ya, many rasta guided by the elders have come to a new overstanding on this journey. And theres many of we. And we a say:

Bun Jesus, Bun Yeshua, Bun Bible, Bun Biblical authors, Bun the God concept, Bun Yahweh, Bun Religion, Bun Christianity

Haile Selassie is the almighty.

I get ignorant when people a say things like "No one can come to the Father Jehova except through Christ"

- BUN that ideology. You sound just like the missionary dem way deh, and we BUN missionary with the hottest of fire. Theres 1000s of ways to get to one destination not ongu one way. YES you CAN reach JAH through 'the Christ story, but not ONGU that way, infact you dont need ANYTHING apart from the idea of Haile Selassie on the Throne. You mean to tell me a INDIGINOUS AFRICAN tribesman who has never heard of Christianity - the ONLY way for him to know JAH is to read this Dutty Bible and look to Christ? The only way? A You say it....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:33:05 PM

DR BEN YOSEF JOCHANNEN

- AFRICAN ORIGINS OF THE THREE MAJOR RELIGIONS

DR BEN YOSEF JOCHANNEN

- BLACK MAN OF THE NILE

- This is the GRANDMASTER of ALL BLACK studies and i'd recommend reading one of his books over the BIBLE any day of any week. And as the CHIEF black scholar, he and Ivan Van Sertima and Dr Clarke have dis-proven the bible and its negative effects on black people for almost 100 years!

- If your black, or interested in black studies, or rasta, then you really need to read the first book at the top especially

and if you dont like reading - JUS LISTEN TO MUTABARUKA EVERY WEEK WEDS NIGHT AND THURS AM HIM HAVE A BAG OF EDUTAINMENT. OR Dr Ray Hagins or Aswa Kwesi

www.youtube.com/embed/PfLFVYQQAc0 - NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF THE BIBLE ON AFRICA

www.youtube.com/embed/r2RJ9Ku_3lk - SARASUTENSETI (WARNING!)

Rasta hold onto this book for so long we dont even kno who wrote it we dont even know of any of its original texts, we dont even know of our own history and our own scholars and our own research. ALLL we know is this blasted book. Wha dem say? ANYTHING YOU NEED IS IN THE BIBLE. What a Judgement

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:44:59 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:46:07 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/7/2013 2:47:22 PM

BIBLICAL WRITERS PLAGIARIZED AND PERVERTED NILE VALLEY HISTORY

These passages which I am providing will prove conclusively that the Biblical writers plagiarized, convoluted, and perverted our ancient Afrikan Nile Valley story with their Euro-Asiatic cultural ideas and concepts. And quiet as it's kept, we are still Afrikan people. That has not changed, despite our having been in the Western hemisphere for over 400 years. Let us be clear, the Bible is not the word of God. It is the work of men, evil men at that. If you are in doubt of what I am asserting, all you need do is read The Old edition of The King James version of the Bible. Here's some things to consider: There are books mentioned in the Bible but they are not contained within its pages. In Numbers 21:14 (The Book of Wars of The Lord), Joshua 10:13 (The Book of Jasher), 1st Chronicles 29:29 (The Books of Nathan and Gad) 2nd Chronicles 9:29 (The Book of Nathan, The Prophecy of Ahijah, The Shelonite, and The Visions of Iddo), 2nd Chronicles 12:15 (The Book of Shemiah and The Visions of Iddo) , 2nd Chronicles 20:13 (The Book of Jehu). Where are these books, who removed them and why?

There are major plagiarized passages and stories from ancient Nile Valley texts such as "The 10 Commandments" which were plagiarized from "The 42 Principles of Ma'at", which you can read in chapter 125, plate #31 of what is now known as "The Egyptian Book of The Dead", but what should be correctly referred to as "Pert-Em-Heru" (The Book of Coming Forth From Darkness Into Light") . Another plagiarized passage is The Book of Psalms 104 , circa 2nd century B.C.E., which is almost identical to the much earlier " The Hymn Of Akhenaton" , dated circa 1353 B.C.E. In addition, the story of Ausar , Aset, and Heru (Osiris, Isis, and Horus), is where they plagiarized the story of Yashua (so-called perverted name of Jesus) , which predates even Kemet and can be found existing in ancient Ta-Seti, Nubia, at least 1,000 years before Kemet (Egypt) became a united Nation in 4,236 B.C.E. for the first time in recorded history. In fact, there never was man named Jesus to ever walk the face of the Earth. The name Jesus can only be traced etymologically back to Zeus , a Homosexual God, who came down from Mount Olympus as a bird , to kidnap Ganymedes, and to take him back to Mount Olympus to be his young male lover. In fact, there is no letter J contained anywhere in the Hebrew language. There wasn't even a Letter J contained within the English language until the 16th Century A.C.E.

There is also no archaeological or anthropological evidence that a man even resembling the one described in the Gospels of The Bible existed either. Keep this in mind. Our ancient, indigenous Afrikan Nile Valley ancestors made sure that we would never forget our story by carving it and /or writing and painting it on the walls of the Temples and Tombs in Kemet (Egypt) . This, besides writing it on Papyri; on what later became known as paper. There are major contradictions, such as these passages, which describes when they came to see the sepulcher where Yashua lay in his tomb: The Gospel of Matthew 28:1, it says it was Mary Magdalene and the other Mary who came , @ dawn on the first day of the week. In the Gospel of Mark 16:1, it says it was Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of James, and Salome, who came @ dawn, on the first day of the week. In the Gospel of Luke 24:1 &10 it says it was Mary Magdalene, Mary the Mother of James, Joanna, and other women who were with them, who came @ dawn, on the first day of the week.

Finally, in the Gospel of John 20:1, it says it was Mary Magdalene all herself who came @ dawn , on the first day of the week. So which of these Gospels am I to believe? Also, there are these two contradictory passages: Genesis 22:14, where it says, "And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah Jireh, as it is said to this day, in the Mount of Lord it shall be seen". Then compare that passage to this one in Exodus 6: 2&3, where it says , "And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by my name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah, was I not known to them". So the question is how can Abraham name a place after Jehovah, but not know him by that name? There is also the problem of "The Council of Nicaea", where they created "The Nicene Creed" (The Father, Son, and The Holy Ghost/Spirit) on June 19, 325 A.C.E. Before 325 A.C.E. , there was no creed such as this, that governed the Church anywhere . And what about a talking snake.

If you believe that a snake talked to someone, I've got a bridge I want to sell you for $5.00. A snake has never talked to anyone before nor since. Nor has anyone ever walked on water either. There's an article that was written in The USA TODAY, dated November 3, 1999 p.11 D, entitled, "Archaeologist Tries To Rip Out Jewish History's Biblical Roots" , proving that most of the events and famous personages described in the Bible never happened nor existed. In the article , "Ze'ev Herzog, a professor at Tel Aviv University, argues that the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt probably never happened, the Ten Commandments were not given on Mount Sinai, and Joshua never conquered the land of Israel. Herzog says that if the was a King David, he probably was no more than a tribal chieftain. The same holds true for King Solomon. "The many Egyptian documents known to us do not make any reference to the sojourn of the Children of Israel in Egypt or the events of the Exodus". He said, "Generations of scholars tried to locate Mount Sinai and the stations of the tribes of Israel in the desert. Despite all of this diligent research, not one site was identified that could correspond to the Biblical picture".

Later, in the same article they found a scholar who disputes what Professor Herzog said. Here is what Adam Zertal, archaeologist at the University of Haifa, who has dedicated his life to mapping out the Biblical episodes in Samaria, including the entry of Joshua into the Holy land had to say. He said, "We found almost certain proof that the story of the entry into Israel is very believable. The relevant materials are in the field. We only have to find them". So, which is it? Either he found the relevant materials or he didn't? From his statement, it clear he hasn't found them yet. Even the Bible says in Galatians 4:22-24, the story of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is an allegory, which means it's symbolic of something else. --Olatunji Mwamba — with Alabi Ayodele and Seven Adisa Bomani.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I