Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5340&start_row=11

Bredrens, do you read the Bible as the literal word of God or only as a sort of manual?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 4:46:20 AM

I a bump dis one up tru it well fiery

Ras93 dis thread sell offf........ Very important to go over literalism vs allegorical reading

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 5:01:58 AM

Iyah Oats

What difference does it make what haile selassie say about di bible? Rasta don't business with haile selassie religion. Rasta reject haile selassie religion. If your gonna post that and live by that it's better you Christian as haile selassie said....

As for rasta, we don't follow christianity. The fact that you wrote or he said 'the Ethiopian official was baptised by A man called Phillip - we dash that and bun that straight away. A man call PHILLIP a baptise a indiginous Ethiopian? Well that's the first account of missionary work. We LOVE and idolise the fact that Ethiopia and the throne stand as unconquerable and free from foreign rule or domination or colonialistion. But the fact is long time Ethiopia has been Conquered on a Religious level: The Ethiopian churches of haile selassie have a white Jesus in there.... In Ethiopia!!!! That's says it all for nuff a we

Go and follow his teachings on bible and Christianity if u like. I would prefer to know what they were doing before this European named Phillip turned up to 'save' the Ethiopians. Smh, dem ting deh....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 5:14:22 AM

Same haile selassie a nyam Eucharist? Him a di daddy dat don't mean say we fi take on his religion. And that don't mean that we don't love him . My mother also a Christian and me love her but me nah join her go a no church!

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 11/4/2013 9:42:04 PM

Garveys Africa,

You ask I, "What difference does it make what haile selassie say about di bible?"

For I it makes all the difference what Haile Selassie says; for I am a follower of JAH RasTafarI, who is H.I.M. His words give I strength and guidance. Haile Selassie shows the way how Christians should be living today. He modernized Christianity when He modernized Ethiopia.

The Bible gives I strength and guidance, and I make no apologies for it.

Why call yourself Rasta and go about bun'n fiya on things Haile Selassie held dear. Saying bun fiya on the Bible; when JAH RasTafarI Himself say that He glories in the Bible?

Why do people call themselves Rasta, yet then reject the ways of JAH RasTafarI?

It is the same that call themselves Christian, though they reject the ways of Christ.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 11/4/2013 10:29:34 PM

Trudat bro Garvey Africa. Rasta aint christianity but rasta was meant to liberate black people from de mental bondage brought trough christianity by de slave master. Bro Iyah Oats, de I haffe over de cause of de rasta movement to trod rasta livity. De bible should not be taken literaly as many of de stories in it are not true stories but tales. One black love still.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2013 4:42:52 AM

Haile Selassie is the Highest Christian there ever will be. Therefore it's expected for him to promote the bible, as a Christian book. If you follow all of his teachings as a Rasta your must be a hypocrit! Maybe you should consider joining the Ethiopian Orthodox Church as HIM promoted and talked about? As Rasta we don't care for his religion. It makes no difference whatsoever. HIM is InI father.
Do you love your parents? Are they Rasta or do they follow a different 'religion'? You see where I'm going here....

Black heart I agree with the I fully.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/5/2013 4:54:21 AM

But for the subject at hand - HIM was not a literalist.

Messenger: DURU Sent: 11/5/2013 6:14:49 AM

blessed to all

yes I, iyah oats,RASTAFARI aim is liberation from bondage specially religious bondage dat is from colonialism, religion did an impact by pointing out who or what is God but the fact is any indigenous culture specially African spirituality teach InI self realization meaning InI are Divine beings including creation hence d word wholly,no lesser nor higher god since all is 1in different functions or duty,a mosquito is no lesser than man only mans ego said that,or dat a Jesus is d only begotten son or HIM is God and InI are lesser,HIM simply is a reminder dat InI are Lion's not a sheep, InI locks symbolic Means InI r king of kings and queen of queens since InI no follow but lead, InI eyes has to see and not to be asleep.InI is RASTAFARI and not HaileSelassians , HIM is InI Inspiration , an Eye opener ,its healthy to doubt because its leads to d truth while to believe makes a lie seems to be true,that's why faith is substituted with investigation.

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: DURU Sent: 11/5/2013 6:32:29 AM

that's why dem rather have faith than investigate or blame d devil instead of learning from InI mistake,a mistake can be learned and not by a priest or to pray for forgiveness,religion created guilt,fear and greed while abusing d name of love,and to expect of heaven after death is d biggest lie this is why to expect HIM will come back for d judgement day is a waste of time,heaven is right here and now and InI has already returned and is alive and responsible for d change and bun more fiyah(bring consciousness )dat InI must be awaken for InI dreams

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 11/7/2013 8:38:07 AM

DURU,

The I says, "InI is RASTAFARI and not HaileSelassians" Brethren who is RASTAFARI? Is HE not Haile Selassie? The movement coulda been named HaileSelassian just as easily.

Also the Bible was in Ethiopia long before any colonialism. Ethiopia was the first Christian nation, even before Rome.

The Bible is an African book. Europeans try and whitewash it, but the truth of the matter is being revealed. For some the truth on that has already been revealed.

This page shows the Black Roots of the Hebrews and the Bible:

http://webdesign97.tripod.com/hebrewisraelafricanrootsinformationsite/index.html

Raspect,
Iyah Oats

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I