Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5340&start_row=1

Bredrens, do you read the Bible as the literal word of God or only as a sort of manual?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/31/2013 12:07:15 PM

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/1/2013 2:56:22 PM

Greetings;
I man read the Ible,as a testimony of the Iver prevailing truth:Good over evil.
I man read the Ible,as guidance in Jah livity.
I man read the Ible,as to gain wisdom and overstanding.
I man read the Ible,as a refuge for InI minds and spirits in hard times,as well as in peaceful times.
I man read the Ible,as to know where InI stand today in this Iwah,through prophecy and revelations.
and I man could realy go on for ever....

But,as H.I.M say,concerning the Bible,each man should find out the truth for himself.

I for example,thank Jah,already got to taste the sweet truth of righteousness,and positive livity through the Ible.

chanting Psalms is also one of the greatest things I see in it,it give I a better vision of InI mission in this world.

JAH BLESS;
InI JAH RASTAFARI;
HAILE SELASSIE I;

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/3/2013 6:05:17 AM

Neither a manual NOR written word of God.

A collection of approximately 66 Books (some ancient, some relative to the time, some put in to fit in), based loosely on a mix of history and allegory. A collection of Books which tells us bout the coming of a black King. But also tells us Man is superior to Woman, to LOVE your slave master, to settle and mix in with your enslavers in their Country, that Woman is the original sinner, that Ancient Kemet is a place synonomous with wickedness, that 'GOD' saved us from Egypt, and that the ONLY way to salvation is through Jesus Christ!

Selassie-I

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/3/2013 5:17:45 PM

Yes bredrem, but now see my reasoning that plagues me. Since we use the Bible as the source of information and from which we derive most of our ideas and reasonings that justify the coming of the black King i.e Haile Selassie I, and all the prophecies that mention H.I.M. At the same time, many other things in the Bible we are forced to abandon and reject since some parts are biased and intentionally put in or immoral or illogical. Hence, it wouldn't be fair to say some things are wrong yet other parts are right (especially the parts mentioning HIM) seen? Its hard to get my head around this. Enlighten me with your reasoning and i would also call upon bredren Ark I.

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 11/3/2013 7:55:14 PM

This is what Haile Selassie says about the Bible:

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.
-------------------------------------------------------------

For I, the literal word of God is in the scripture, though I would not say the Bible in it's entirety is the literal word of God. I say the literal word of God is in the scripture because I see the Bible teaches Iniversal truths. These Iniversal truths are found in many religious scriptures, and for I, these are teachings from JAH.

The Bible is a record/history of the Hebrew people and it is also a manual/tool/guide on righteous living. The righteous livity was developed from JAH's instructions/guidance and through the struggles/triumphs, trials/tribulations of the Hebrew people.

Blessed Love Brethren,
Iyah Oats

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 11/3/2013 8:04:28 PM

The Bible says the Word of JAH is Christ. The Bible also says that JAH is Love. For I, this makes Christ the Word of Love.

Where I and I find the Word of Love, I and I find Christ and JAH who are One.

Would reason more on this, but I don't want to get off topic and I also got to run.

May the MOST HIGH guide the I,
Iyah Oats

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2013 9:22:35 PM

Here is an older Reasoning of mine

========================================
From the Reasoning Solomon

Yes I Black Heart,  I could never accept the wickedness I have seen from many of these people in the Bible.  The same thing with Jacob, Esau his brother came to him starving, instead of just helping him as a brother should, he made him give up his birthright in exchange for help.  And if that wasn't enough, he tricked his blind father so he could  get the blessing meant for Esau.

People of all nations are always glorifying people that have committed much wickedness, they don't mention the wicked parts, or deny it if it is mentioned.  Or they try to justify the wickedness with faulty logic they conjour up in their head. 

I use the Bible to Learn the Righteousness and Wisdom within it.  I am not attached to the characters of the story, so I will only accept the Righteousness that they do.

Here is a Reasoning I made before,

==========================
Rise instead of fall

When I trod through the earth, I give thanks to RasTafarI for every piece of Wisdom and Iverstanding Jah give I.  I won't refuse Wisdom and Iverstanding that comes from the writings of KMT, the bible, quran or any other book or person.  But I will refuse foolishness that comes from any of these sources.

People should make use of the teachings of our ancestors and the ancestors of our family all around the world, instead of using the teachings to separate ourselves and for excuses to quarrel with one another.

You can find people all over picking apart the writings of all cultures to "prove" they are false.  All this is vanity of vanities.

There are teachings in all these books that are useful and righteous.  Would it not be better for people to spend their time to filter through these books to gather all the righteous wisdom that can be found, instead of spending their days filtering through the books to gather the falsehoods or foolishness.

People need to change their focus in Life, or we will continue generation after generation in foolishness.  I and I focus should be on rising ourself and others to rise closer to Jah RasTafarI, learning all righteousness and making it I and I Life.  And learning the spiritual mystical ways of Jah, so I and I can rise into the Image we have refused for so long.

In the beginning, Jah made the word, and that word was taught to I and I original Mother and Father.  Throughout the centuries, our generations rose and fell, lost some of the Wisdom and Spirituality we had, and refined and gained more Iverstanding of Wisdom and Spirituality that we didn't Iverstand before.  There are many similarities between the cultures and stories of the world because we were all created with this word.  And the similarities are also because throughout the centuries people learned from eachother and I and I still learn from eachother today.  Egyptians taught many people, but Egyptians also learned from many people.

Written history is only a small part of World history.  Part of world history was not written because people didn't have writing, and other parts weren't written because people didn't want to write them.  Part of world history was written, but was burned with fire and lava, washed away with water, blown away with the wind, shaken and destroyed with earthquake, destroyed by invading people.  Also part of World history is hidden by the descendants of the writers, because the books don't support the lies of the descendants, or they embarrass the descendants, or they are secrets the descendants don't want known.

Written history is also a big part of the World lies.  Every nation creates falsehoods or hides parts for propaganda, this happens now and has happened for as long as people have been spreading "news".

So instead of being indoctrinated by the lies of one people and refusing the truths of another.  Indoctrinate yourself with the truths of one people and indoctrinate your self with the truths of another.  Refuse the falsehoods of one people and refuse the falsehoods of another.

Otherwise, you will always be misguided.  Jah is the only guide, look to Jah and Jah will show the difference between truth and falsehoods.

As I have repeated so many times on this forum:

Selassie I say,

By the word "neutral" We do not, of course, mean that abstention from political activity which has been for so long the hallmark of a Switzerland. We can no more refrain from political activity in the year 1961 than man today can voluntarily refrain from partaking of the radioactive fall-out which will be bestowed upon him should a nuclear holocaust erupt on this globe. Nor does neutrality mean that without taking sides, we content ourselves with urging that the powers most intimately concerned negotiate in good faith to the solution of the issues in dispute between them; we have passed the point where prayerful pleading serves any purpose other than to debase those who thereby abdicate any responsibility or power to influence events.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

Belgrade Conference

This Wisdom can be applied in so many situations and is useful in all.  Whether you are speaking about the policies of a nation, or culture.  Or the words of a person.  Or the books of partial-and-sometimes-false-history we read, or the partial-and-sometimes-false-news of today we hear.

By learning this Wisdom of RasTafarI, you will gain the best from that what is around you and you will drive away the worse from that what is around you.

Dreadnut, you said,
-------------------
So why take that false claim faster than the rest.
-------------------

I don't take any false claim faster than any other false claim.  I burn out all falseness.

If you want to know why I have learned more from the Bible than other books, it is because I have found great wisdom and Iverstanding in the Bible.  It sparked I trod towards RasTafarI, it sparked I Spirituality and it sparked I Faith in the Most High Jah RasTafarI.

That is not to say this can't be found in other books, but the bible is the book I originally found it in.  I didn't find it through the misguidance of the priests, because in I young days Jah blessed I with a priest that didn't speak English.  I learned the wisdom of the bible by reading it Iself, and through I reading, I learned something very different than what the churches and synagogues say.  And I growth is not limited to the bible, I have Itinued to grow with the help of the Most High. I have learned through I experiences and Iditation and I have learned from other's experiences and Iditation.

Do you know what the purpose of the many different holy books are?  They are stories passed on through the generations to teach people the way towards Jah RasTafarI. People that try to prove or disprove the holy books are missing the whole point.  If they Iverstood the point they would spend their time learning all the wisdom and Iverstanding they could find.  I don't agree with everything I read in the Bible, so I accept what I agree with and reject what I don't.  And I do the same for other books I have gazed upon.

Another thing, although many stories known today did start in Egypt, don't imagine that all these stories started in Egypt.  Egypt has the oldest known written records of these stories, but these stories were passed on through many generations before people started writing them, and even after some people started writing them, they Itinued with other people through many generations without writing.

There is so much history that has never been written, but people seem to be under the illusion that they can trace the roots through what was written.  The roots came so long before people wrote them.  People used to tell the stories to their children, and when the children grew they told them to their children.  People also used to tell the stories in song, and the song would be passed on from generation to generation.

So I will never search through books to find the first, the original, the roots, because the first was never written.  Where I will search for the first is within Iself and within I Idrens and Sistrens.  That is where I will find the original word, the word of Jah RasTafarI.

And for further explanation why I glory in the bible, read these words of Haile Selassie I, because I have found the same things in that great book.

WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.

The Most High Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I

========================================

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2013 9:23:38 PM

Here is another Reasoning

=================================================================
Unchangeable

Man throughout the centuries have changed many things about themselves. Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the evil. But all through that time, from since the beginning of Creation. Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I never changed. The almighty God Haile Selassie I is the Highest of High, there is no change, just constant flow.

The only change I and I are interested is, is to change ourself away from the changeable that we have been for so many generations, and trod toward the Unchangeable and Unmovable Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. I and I change the parts of ourselves that are contrary to Jah RasTafarI, and change ourselves toward the way of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

People often try to move the centre of RasTafarI away from RasTafarI and toward something else. Whether it be of Egyptian, Hindu, Christian, Muslim or whatever else.

The Bible speaks of the way that was established from since the beginning of Creation and has never changed. The only thing that changed were the people because of their foolishness, so Ones and Ones throughout the generations had to come and remind them of the Iriginal way of Creation.

Selassie I hold firm to both the Old and New Testament of Creation because they are One and the same, nothing changed except the people because they moved away from Creation.

The New Race that Selassie I speaks about is the Iriginal way of Creation, it is just new to those that have forgotten this way for so many generations, from since the time of Cain and Abel.

Some people come with their own new way that they want to call RasTafarI and try to use it to discredit and speak against the Bible and put down others who look to the Bible for guidance.

Some people come and want to say that they have evolved into a different philosophy. How can moving away from Haile Selassie I and toward something else be considered evolving to a man or woman who calls themself by the name of RasTafarI? These arrogant people want to imagine that in the past 20-30 years or whatever, they have evolved to some higher understanding. Do these people who claim such things think they are higher than Selassie I?

It has been over 2000 years since the New Testament was written, but Selassie I never move away from it, instead He Loves and Promotes it. It has been many more thousands of years since the Old Testament was written, but Selassie I never move away from it, instead He Loves and Promotes it.

After all these centuries, Haile Selassie I King of Kings Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, never went towards something else, but remained with the Livity that has not changed from since the beginning of Creation. And after Haile Selassie I show the example of the Unchangeable, some want to come in His name and say they have evolved higher than the Unchangeable example Selassie I set.

Prov.3
[1] My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
[2] For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
[3] Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
[4] So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
[5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
[6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
[7] Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Added: 9/14/2008 2:57 PM

There are two viewpoints related to this reasoning that are most commonly spoken or debated about in recent times. Some people see the Bible as everything and put most of their focus on that; while others see the Bible as a chain and bondage tool of the churches and feel it should not be dealt with, and put their focus somewhere else. I wanted to make clear that those are not the only viewpoints and that my viewpoint is not with either of them.

The reason I decided to add more to this post is because if people look at this post, but don't know some of the other things I say related to this, they might think that I am of the viewpoint that I first mentioned where people see the Bible is everything. So I wanted to make I viewpoint clear so that people sight exactly what I am saying.

In I view, the Bible is not the source of RasTafarI Livity and is not necessary for I and I trod, it only speaks about the Livity. The source of RasTafarI Livity is the Creator and the Livity was there long before the Bible or any religion was formed. The Bible is a book that shows how people lived and thought at a certain time, it shows both righteousness and unrighteousness. RasTafarI Livity can be found in the Bible and people can start to learn about RasTafarI Livity when they learn to see which actions and thought written about in the Bible are of the Iriginal Livity of Righteousness. Also, the Iriginal Livity of Righteousness can be found written about in the guidance books of most ways of Life, and also just as in the Bible, most other books also show the misunderstandings of the people. And without books, the Iriginal way of Creation was passed down from generation to generation by people teaching their children, but just as with the books, it was mixed with people's misunderstandings. The Iriginal way of Creation is in each and every one of us, most just resist that part of us that guides us in Right, and also learn to ignore the rebuke and correction from that same part of us when we do wrong.

I can see why the people who decide to forsake the Bible do so, because they probably see as I have also seen how so many people use the Bible as an indoctrination tool, they use it to indoctrinate themselves into one of the churches; and among people who begin to sight RasTafarI, they end up using the bible to indoctrinate themself into the Ethiopian Orthodox faith. They put their concentration on the self-pacification they learned from the church, and stop concentrating on the purpose of RasTafarI people in these times, to perform the works of the seven seals and also to uplift Jah people. And in so many instances of this, the people eventually stop seeing RasTafarI as God, and many eventually even come to a point where they speak against Haile Selassie I.

And also on the other side, I have seen those who decide to forsake the Bible and focus on something else eventually stop seeing RasTafarI as God, and many eventually even come to a point where they speak against Haile Selassie I.

The original reasoning in this post was directed to what I hear from the second viewpoint, where people forsake the bible. And even though I don't think the bible is necessary, I also won't be silent when people speak about it like it is some kind of wickedness, because it is not that either. I look at the Bible for what it is, not what the churches use it for.

I focus is on the Iriginal way of Creation, to Learn what I have more to Learn and Rise Higher. I have learned much from the Bible, Haile Selassie I and from many other people and cultures, and I have also learned so much by thinking and searching I mind and Irits. I have never gone to an Ethiopian Orthodox Church because that is not I place, I Church is I people, whenever I and I gather together, I and I presence is the Church, and even when I and I are alone with Jah, I and I presence is the Church. If I ever enter a Church of the Religions, it is only as a visitor and representative of RasTafarI, I can never be under their control. Never forget that the root of the word religion is the french word religare, which means to bind (tie up) quickly.

As I wrote in the post below:
-------------------------------------------
The Bible is a great and useful resource to Learn the way of Jah, but I and I can learn Jah way without reading the Bible or anything else.

The thing is, whether or not it is learned from the Bible, the Livity and Heights will be one and the same, because it is the Iriginal way.

If people learn the example of His Majesty from other people telling them about HIM, then they will still learn the Right Path, even though they didn't read the Bible. Also, if people learn the example from other people who know the example of the Most High, then they will learn it same way.

I am speaking about the source and center, Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I. The Livity that always was there for I and I to Live, the Livity shown in the Bible and shown by the example of His Imperial Majesty Jah RasTafarI.

In reference to being God. People must realize that God is One. So to be God, I and I must join with the Most High as One, otherwise we will be fooling ourselves with our vain imagination. We can never be God separate from Selassie I, there is not two or more, there is only One God, One Head, and anything separate from the Head is not.
-------------------------------------------

Here are some reasonings about I view on the Christian Churches versus RasTafarI people place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One major difference between RasTafarI and Christianity is that RasTafarI are only those that live RasTafarI. But Christians are people that live how ever they want and are still called Christians, as long as they come to church once and a while and repent, or every sunday in some people's opinion.

RasTafarI is a livity, and if a person doesn't live as RasTafarI, then they are not RasTafarI. It is not a classification, it is a way of life.

Many Christian think that the requirement of being a Christian is going to church, and they look down on others that don't. But they don't care about Christ's example and don't care about Christ's teachings.

I have nothing against people choosing to go to a church establishment. But if someone tell I that I must go to church, then I can't agree with that. Because I know that Jah won't reject people that live for Him but will reject those that don't. And I know that the requirement of Jah is to live for Him, not go to church or do any of the other traditions that people do, those are requirements of man, not Jah.

A person can go to a church building and live for Jah, or not go to church and still live for Jah. And on the other side, a person can go or not go to a church and not live for Jah, but live differently.

Haile Selassie I is a True Christian, he lives according to the ways and example of Christ. So I and I call Iselves RasTafarI, because it is Haile Selassie I True Christian example that is I and I example.

Selassie I say,

On this occasion I address all those within Our Empire. Our Christianity is not restricted to a given church and I stress above all that We do not wish to make distinctions. My advice to all is to fulfil the Ten Commandments. You are aware of the contents of the Ten Commandments and can elaborate on it. If the nation for which I am the Emperor follows and accepts this, since its also what I accept and follow, I would believe our country is not only historically Christian but also actively Christian.

Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman

Here are some reasonings I made before concerning the church.
---------------------------------------------
The way I see it is like Yesus Christ said about the liars:

Luke 11
52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

So they haven't embraced and taken in the teachings of Jah, but they have access to it. And on top of that, they fool others to prevent them from learning the teachings of Jah.

The Vatican would not be so rich if they Lived and taught their people the Truth about Christ teachings. That is why they keep people away from the Truth. Part of the downpressors like to do good, but that part is mostly to do good to themselves. So doing bad to others is acceptable to them if it is doing good for their own selves.

We can't fool ourselves into thinking that their wickedness is not intentional. Many of the people who go to the churches are not spreading the illusion intentionally, but the decision makers are surely doing it intentionally. Some people in this world are only concerned with their own happiness, so good or bad doesn't matter to them, as long as they enjoy theirselves and retain their power.

I think the churches have misinterpreted the meaning of Christ dying for our sins. The way I see it is the reason why we are saved is because of what Christ taught I and I about how I and I should live.

He sacrificed himself for I and I because by teaching the things that he taught, Christ knew that he would be killed. But he risked his life to teach these things anyway. This is the sacrifice that I see.

That is why I feel that it is so important to live by his words. He sacrificed himself to teach I and I these things. If he didn't speak the things that he spoke, they would never have crucified him.

----------------------------------------------
Selassie I brought order to the church. He was the Head of the church and Defender of the Faith. Selassie I changed some of the corruption in the church, for example, Selassie I took some of the land that the church gathered from the people, and He gave this land back to the people, where it belonged. He wasn't able to release as much as He wanted, because the church was too powerful and got politricksters to resist it. Many in the church hated him for releasing the land and the other things He did. I look to Selassie I, not to the church that Selassie I rebuked. And I look to Jesus Christ, not to the church where he knocked over tables and rebuked for their wickedness.

If Selassie I was presently attending a particular church, I would be there for sure. But I don't see that the churches of today are living up to the Christian ways.

And did the I ever see Selassie I or Jesus Christ telling people that they must go to a church establishment. I and I congregation and church is I and I people, so I am living how Selassie I live when I go to I church. Christ never showed I and I that I and I must be a member of this or that, or that I and I must go to this or that church. He showed I and I how to live.

Mark 9
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Luke 9
49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

It is the church leaders that try to make us think that we must go to church to be saved by Jah. They teach these things to maintain their business, and keep money coming into their establishment. People go to their churches, and hardly learn anything about the Bible or what Christ said. The church reveals a small portion and keeps the rest hidden. So only the people that choose to read the Bible theirself will see how to live as a Christian, because this livity is not taught in the church.

Luke 11
52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

If a person wants to go to a church establishment, that is their choice. I will not tell them that they are doing something wrong by going, I will only tell them that if they don't live in Christ ways, then they are doing something wrong. And in the same way, I won't go to a church establishment just because someone tell I that I should, especially when I see that the church is not living in a Christian way.

Selassie I say,

Obstacles, Sectional, tribal and other divisive factors often pose major obstacles to national development. In their expanded sense, as narrowly national and ideological interests, they threaten unity and progress.

No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

Tolerance

I don't deal with Domination (Denomination), because I will have no other person dominate I and lead I in the wrong direction. I will learn from all people that I can learn from, but it will be only me and Jah that will lead I, nobody else.

----------------------------------------------------

=================================================================

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 12:14:39 AM

Ras 93, i don't look to the bible at all for authenticity of Jah. HIM was onced asked about the bible references to King David and thing..... He responded by letting them know yes he comes from the line of David, but it is the maternal lineage which is key. Makeda / Shebas history extends far back, further than that if David or any biblical king....
It is not for me to tell you why HIM is divine to I. I would suggest study. You gotta study all around the subject. History especially. And look to Ethiopia......

But if all if our philosophies and beliefs come from this one collection of I referenced books, then we are in trouble.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 12:31:06 AM

People going off topic

Let me make it clear

The Bible should NEVER EVER be taken as a literal text or literal anything. Study the word ALLEGORY. It is found in the bible countless time. E.g. Galatians 4:24 "Abraham is an allegory." Allegorical writings were the style of the time and the authors of the bible specialised in it.

There's also a very strong theory that there simply was no Jesus. We'll actually there definitely wasn't a Jesus because there was no letter J in the Hebrew language..... Simple as. The 'Christ' story when examined shows there were many christs (Christ just means messiah). This represented salvation. It wasn't until 40A.D when the roman Flavius decided to personify this allegory of a redeemer in an attempt to get the people to see HIM as the second coming..... I don't want to confuse it too much but basically the idea of a Christ is an ancient concept which the Romans personified and including many of the righteous teachings - but also tied this in with phrases like 'turn the other cheek' and obey your slavemaster.

And also, the original allegory of a 'Christ' according to Jewish texts and the Old Testament is a WARRIOR like David etc..... The Romans painted this pacifistic Christ for the obvious military and controlling advantage.... You never wondered why Chrst and the New Testament goes so hard into attacking the Jewish traditions (long hair is shameful, etc), any scholar will tell you the whole book is very pro-roman.

Anyway many will disagree and that's fine. But nobody can prove Jesus existed, yet we can prove the existence of Kemetic pharoahs and priests from over 6000 years ago.... Mint condition.

There is no doubt in my mind Ethiopia has one of the oldest bibles and has had Christianity from before Rome adopted it. But the bible is written about events 40+ years before authorship. Nothing was an eye witness account at the time of the event. So even if they got an early copy who wrote it? Why was the earliest copy written in Greek? Why was the first five books we are told written by Moses yet he refers to himself in the 3rd person?

Again, I have no problem with people looking to the bible as an inspired word of god.... Just like god 'inspired' me to write this. No problem with people looking at the Christ story as an allegory or story with a meaning that's fine and that's actually how it was originally meant to be interpreted before the Romans got their hands on it. BUT the people who swear it is a literal and accurate text of Gods speech - your falling for a 2000 year old Roman trap. Carry on believing snakes can talk, man is ahead of woman, the earth and everything in it was made in 7 days, Noah fit all dem animal on his self made boat, wearing long hair is shameful and sinful, GOD sent people into slavery, be nice to your slave masters, turn the other cheek when being confronted.........

Many Rastas in Africa and the diaspora nowadays will tell you:

BUN bible
BUN Jesus
BUN God concept

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I