Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5340&start_row=51

Bredrens, do you read the Bible as the literal word of God or only as a sort of manual?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ALMIGHTYSON Sent: 2/3/2014 11:40:23 AM

Yes-I MELCHEZIDEK. If Selassie acknowledge ible, I acknowledge ible, higher livity..Bless

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 2/3/2014 3:44:36 PM

Question:

Bredrens, do you read the Bible as the literal word of God or only as a sort of manual?

Answer:
Don't know if it was answered already, but iman read it for the metaphysical truth cuz the literal will con-fuse but the spiritual will fuse valuable moral lessons with the I.

I like to hold a medi to this every now and then

2 Corinthians 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 2/4/2014 1:04:53 AM

The Original Bible is Literally the True Word of God. A Translated Version would have to be checked more than once to be the correct meaning. The Original Bible Holy Book is in the Original First Language ever spoke and that was Ethiopic. Ethiopic is the First language on Earth, and the First Bible is the Ethiopic Bible. All other bibles should be checked more than once to find if it is Literal the Plain Truth, or if it is some sort of manual thayt only some can know. It should be checked with the original source, that is, the Ethiopic Bible. The first Bible was in Ethiopic language. Haile Selassie I ready had a check because he says:" but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same."

Messenger: RasKefentse Sent: 2/12/2014 7:57:59 PM

I'm now reading through the thread and I'm new this site so please bare with I. Too much time has passed for us to still be brain washed by one book which is not a history book but a book of fables and mythologies based on faith. As far as I'm concerned man first make god and god reciprocate by making man. I don't need the bible to teach I wisdom when the true divine intervention is the human experience. There is no wisdom from above just wisdom through experience. I'm also seeing other rastas here bunning out this illusion god concept which puts a smile on it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/13/2014 2:21:01 PM

RasKefentse...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/13/2014 2:21:19 PM

^^Welcome, +Great Innerstanding....

Burn Illusion God.

I man say Burn God. For the wordsound God is an illusion..

All Praises to Haile Selassie I, the divine essence of African self identity and Kingship.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/13/2014 6:40:20 PM

How can anybody claim that the Bible is literally the word of God. It is known to be written by men, Moses being one of them. The Bible includes the Chronicles and other books that speak of the history of the Israelites. Do you really think God wrote about this man and woman had these children and those children had these other children, etc. It is people writing their history. The source of Righteousness is the Most High God, so all righteous Teachings in the Bible are the word of God written by man.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 57

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I