Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5339&start_row=1

The MISCONCEPTION of Berhane Selassie AKA Bob Marley

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2013 9:49:27 PM

This interview isn't "early" bob ideology, this interview is from less than 1 year before he passed. there's a common misconception that bob, as a MULATTO didn't see race or deal with race and certainly not black power. I beg to differ, he explains clearly in this video.

(4:25 is the part of the video that highlights this the most)

thanks for taking the time. Rastafari and bob Marley cannot be separated from black power and African identity. Those concepts are intertwined and simply inseperable.
blackfist

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 10/29/2013 10:19:57 PM

You are right Brethren; though at the same time look at the picture in the video at 4:10.

Bob was black, fought for blacks, and still had one love for mankind.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2013 11:31:35 PM

YES. Babylon Marley stands as a revolutionary of nothingness, a rebel of no cause and no identity - dem enslave the image of bob. But those who know it will testify Nesta stands as a black revolutionary. That's how HE defined himself.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/1/2013 2:57:26 PM

Greetings;
Yes Garveys Africa,I man agree with the I that the RastafarI movement is mainly,about Africa (africans).
but then again,there is too much confusion going on,about turning it into a racial thing,wich is a mistake.
InI must agree that RastafarI words,are the most important to InI,for he is the king,and Iritual leader for all.

JAH say:
"Apart from the kingdom of the Lord,there is not on this earth any nation that is superior to any other."

I believe that on this,the whole black first,or black is better issue is done with.

the I also takes Marley's words,well did the I forget that marley himself,was born of a white man?

RastafarI deal with love and truth for all,if the I want to say that guy is inferior because of his skin color,are you not acting against His Majesty teachings,and indeed in vanity and selfish interest?

the I must realize that,the teachings of "skin color should be of no more significance than eye color" are not only ment to protect the african,but for the african,and all men, to look and live through these teachings.

would the I prefer a dark skinned wicked man with no love in his heart over a lighter skinned,but righteous truth following man?
I believe the answer to that question is obvious to a true Rasta,and not someone who doesn't realy know why he is in on this in the first place.

anyhow,InI should not be busy discussing wich skin color is better,but as faithful RastafarI should focus on bettering the world,with love,truth and rights for all.

BLESSED LOVE TO ALL;
InI JAH RASTAFARI;
HAILE I SELASSIE I;

Messenger: Sister Sent: 11/2/2013 5:23:07 AM

Greetings

Note what Sir McIntosh says in the first 30 seconds.

There is no question that Rasta, Bob Marley, Nelson Mandela +, stand for justice and power to black peoples suffering serious oppression, and no stigma for a light skinned human to stand for one and the same cause. Bob Marley is not the epitome of Rasta, he did, though, have massive appeal to European audiences. Too many look to Bob to represent them citing the fact he had a father of European origin, but it’s pretty obvious his father was by no means a defining influence in his life, art or identity.
Jah Bless

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/2/2013 1:50:53 PM

"but it’s pretty obvious his father was by no means a defining influence in his life, art or identity."

exactly,and that is what I am tryin' to say,so a full white skinned person,can also be born of the Iritual father,Jah RastafarI,and no more be of his phisical parents...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/2/2013 9:52:16 PM

Ras Nate, RasTafarI is not a Trod where you forget your ancestry, I and I are supposed to Learn as much as I and I can about our history to Iverstand who we are, the good and the bad parts. I and I are supposed to Learn from the Good parts and not repeat the bad.

RasTafarI Trod has caused I to Learn a lot about I history, not abandon it. Your parents Life is your Life, and your children's Life is your Life. Don't disrespect your ancestors.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/3/2013 5:19:07 AM

^agree fully with the post above, which brings us full circle. EUROPEAN Children of Jah Rastafari, which i do not debate......I dont overs why they (generalisation here i know) dont go into their own celtic / peri-viking / nomad etc (i really dont know much on european origins) culture. Bob sighted himself as a African and went deep into African culture through the trod of Rasta. So my question is, after his Majesty reveals himself in his way to a European, why does the European seem to just copy and mimic African Rastas within the thing.....in terms of culture language identity etc etc you nuh see it?

Notice again, I never claim say His Majesty cant reveal himself to a white skinned person. I believe his Majesty can reveal himelf to any and whosoever he choose. But its the individual response to that which is important.

This isnt just a white / black thing. Id expect a black rasta in an isolated area of Russia (for example) to respond differently to Jah than lets say a Rasta in Ghana. Both may sight themself as African but with differing recent cultural experiences. No two rasta the same. If everyone is on dem own path according to Jah, why so much carbon copy? Everyone a locks, even when locks isnt consistent with the naturality of their being and has never been associated with them in history, why not just long hair, why specifically ethnic locks?

Just wha people to THINK and look within THEMSELVES and nobody else, seen?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2013 8:50:47 PM

RasTafarI people have been risen up by Haile Selassie I. Haile Selassie Opened the Book and Loosed the Seals, and RasTafarI people are performing the Works of the Seals, through I and I Works, Chants, Iditation and Irits.

That is why people from many cultures have been called by RasTafarI Haile Selassie I, this is World battle, so Haile Selassie I rose up everyOne in due time, season and place.

Amongst those who are claiming to be RasTafarI, there are those who have Truly been Called, and whose Irits is the Irits of RasTafarI. Then there are those who are attracted to the Ways of the RasTafarI and think they are RasTafarI for a time and season, until they realize they are not. And there are those who pretend to be RasTafarI, knowing that they are not.

So many aspects of RasTafarI, like Locks, Livity and Thoughts, will be the same with RasTafarI people from all cultures all over, because that is part of who RasTafarI people are. Our Locks is required to perform the Iritual Works I and I have been placed here to do.

In terms of some misconceptions amongst non-african people, some don`t Iverstand Repatration, and miss the fact that it is about a People being returned to the land they are from, and they mistakenly think that it is something for them. Then there is the misconception that they are supposed to lose their culture and ancestry, and take on another, but don`t realize that I and I are supposed to Learn and Incorporate the Righteous aspects of our ancestry, not forget them. And what I and I are supposed to do about other people`s culture and ancestry, is Learn the Righteous parts and incorporate them in our Livity, but that doesn`t mean forgetting or discarding our own ancestry, because that is the history of I and I Life, and all of it has a part in making I and I who I and I are today. There are other examples of misconception among african and non-african people. Some people will eventually Learn and will realize their misconceptions and discard them, and some people won`t.

The more the people of the world Learn from One another, the more complete I and I will be, as long as the Most important thing is remembered: Hold the Righteous, and throw away the wicked.

Here is a related Reasoning

------------------------------------
Color blind blindness

Black, white, brown, red, yellow, pink, etc.

I love all these peoples and recognize them all. And I respect, accept and love the different cultures in their uniqueness, and I recognize the many similarities between the cultures.

I don't deal with color blindness, I feel that I and I should see all colour and Love all color.

Some may think that these two ways to look at people are the same, but they are very different.

Color blindness often lacks respect for other people's culture and ancestry, because it is not acknowledged but is ignored. And a lot of times when people deal with color blindness, they look at others as their own colour, rather than the colour the people actually are. But why must we ignore differences? I and I should rejoice and love the differences between the people. This is the great richness of Jah creation.

This veil of color blindness can only last so long, and then it will come off and the old problems will remain. Color loveness is Iternal, because it accepts and honors the differences in culture and ancestry.
------------------------------------

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/4/2013 4:02:58 AM

Me like dat reasoning deh. A you write it?

One thing I had issue with:

Haile selassie never told anyone to locks
Haile selassie never told anyone to smoke herbs
Haile selassie never told anyone to use rasta slang
Haile selassie never told anyone to eat ital

- this is through the livity of black African Rastas responding to the knowledge of the crowning of Haile selassie alone, they didn't know or even need to know any of his speeches or works. They knew he was the king of Ethiopian throne of David and makeda. And that's it. The rest comes straight from culture and tradition and reasoning. i.e livity.

....I guess the bible is to blame. And even that was written for a specific group of people not everyone. A so it go...

But when I ask a lot of white Rastas why they do certain things pertaining to African culture, their only answer is a biblical reference or something about bob marley. This is simply insufficient. Black Rastas be doing this too but at least through their lack of knowledge and apparent sheep behaviour they still find themselves in the right cultural expression (as they ARE Africans - so even if they come to the livity through a mistake or lie or illusion, they still end up in the right place).....

For the European dreads who DO have a critically analytic brain and do have reasoning outside of the bible, and are conscious of what they r doing. I have no problem with. It's the rasta sheep - and I'm not even trying to burn them I jus wa people to open dem y'eye

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I