Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5338&start_row=1

Is JAH a man?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NaturalH1gh Sent: 10/29/2013 4:10:45 PM

Greetings to all!

InI all know that in the bible GOD created man in "his image". Does this imply that Jah himself is a human? Or does that merely mean, that man has the godlike ability to create?

Later when Moses saw Jah's face on the holy mountain, Jah told him his name, wich was "I am who I am".. That is to me similar to what I've read in other spiritual books like the Tao Te Ching (the most translated book in the world after the Ible). It seems Jah is the presence which encompasses all, the NOTHING that is EVERYTHING at the same time.. beyond words or concepts.. the .. .

But can Jah also be a man?
Please help me overstand this.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/29/2013 7:07:18 PM

This is how Iman see it, although iman use the Bible for strength and spiritual guidance, you must know that it is also a book written by MAN, which means it is naturally subjected to faults and misinterpretations of some things. One of those things is that God=Man resemblance. Remember bredren, Man made God in His image, we will never know what God looks like until we join him in the spirit. The common images and concepts of God are all man made in order to bring closer to our overstanding of this unfathomable entity which is Jah, seen? And to answer the second part of the question, God is also a man in the sense that he is One with us. He reigns in our hearts and souls, and we are One but spiritually. He doesnt exist as Man in the general meaning of the word, but connected us thorugh chosen prophets which He used as vassals,seen? From Jesus Christ to Muhammad a.s, and finally fullfiling prophecy when He came as H.I.M Haile Selassie I, seen? These are my views, I hope I have at least broadened your sight and overstanding to a certain degree.

Blessed love bredren,
Rastafari

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/29/2013 8:44:23 PM

Like the scriptures say, "Ye are gods, and all of ye are children of the Most High, but ye shall die like men, and fall like one the princes"

Messenger: DURU Sent: 10/30/2013 1:07:12 AM

blessed to all

greetings natural high ,

yes I , JAH is life , all what d I see is manifestation of JAH and the 1 who sees is the unmanifested JAH and beyond it is the unknowable (witness of both manifest and unmanifest) , which are all aspects of JAH

InI JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/30/2013 9:37:06 AM

The Irit cant manifest without a flesh.
Haile Selassie reveal the character of Jah

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 10/31/2013 5:58:52 PM

Haile Selassie I is JAH.

Messenger: Ras Hemp Sent: 10/31/2013 5:59:11 PM

Haile Selassie I is JAH.

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 11/1/2013 2:55:23 PM

Greetings;
I agree that God,can be manifested in flesh,as in Haile Selassie,Yeshua Kristos,and many other Holy men.
But way I see it is,god himself is not a man,Jah is higher than man,and higher than Ingels,Jah is the Irit that fills the Iniverse,and everything in it.

and if God would be a man,would his Majesty say these words:
"God's reasoning differs from that of man..."?

these words clearly tell InI that God is not a man.

however Jah knew that InI could only learn Jah ways,if god would manifest himslef in man,that is why he send InI Yeshua his son,and the Lion of Judah,to learn his ways through watching them...

InI can become one with Jah,through living in Jah ways,but one with Jah still doesn't mean equal to Jah.

God is the Iest for Ivermore,and he ruleth Iration for Ivermore.

JAH LOVE ITECTION AND GUIDANCE;
JAH RASTAFARI;
HAILE SELASSIE I;

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 11/1/2013 3:01:36 PM

Be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect

Messenger: NaturalH1gh Sent: 11/2/2013 2:18:45 PM

Ark I Sent: 10/30/2013 3:44:23 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like the scriptures say, "Ye are gods, and all of ye are children of the Most High, but ye shall die like men, and fall like one the princes"

This quote is from Psalm 82. But if you read the whole psalm, these words spoken by God were addressed to other Gods, as so: "Psalm 82:1 God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”: ..."

RAS-NATE-1995,
Your reasoning really is similar to the way I see it. JAH is really the Irit present in all things, and man can become one with it through iritual growth.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I