Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5308&start_row=1

Legally changing your name

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 10/4/2013 10:09:03 AM

What's your thoughts on sistren and bredren changing their name once they come to the livity???? Has anyone changed there name legally on her? I was thinking of changing mine.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/4/2013 3:48:14 PM

I've known Ones and Ones who have changed their name, and its a fairly cheap and simple process (here in the UK at least), the I just has to write to everyone the I is in legally binding business with and inform them of the change.

What name is the I thinking of taking? They are powerful things, so chose wisely.

I haven't changed I name, and even though I use an alias on here obviously, day to day I don't really bother to use anything other than Chris.

As far as names go its not bad, it comes from Christopher, which translates roughly as 'Christ follower', and so I step, so I keep it.
The only downside I see to it is that technically speaking, I parents did name I after Christopher Columbus, who definitely never did follow Christly principles or Livity while he was robbing and raping like a pirate, so I figure someone should live up to the fullness of the name at least.

Blessed love

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 10/4/2013 10:16:06 PM

what a blessed way to look at it I suppose. My real name is Brittany and I was thinking of changing my first and middle name. I was thinking Addis Shashamane

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I