Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=529&start_row=1

tattoos

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Woek Sent: 12/22/2004 7:26:18 PM

Iman have had dis question in I head for sum time...What are Iman fellow breathen opinion on tattoos...Iman a tattoo artist by trade( but servant of Jah by I destiny)...Iman very passionate about I work but have been told numberous time that tattoos are a pagan practise....Iman find it hard to ignore this fact because it is written in the Ible in the very paragraph that lead Iman to discontinuing cut I beard and I locks..but Iman also hear from Christians in I trade that the Ible spoke of "Cutting" in the sense of self-mutilation..Iman render nothing but positive images unto peoples skin(refuse to tattoo images of demons or devils or anything sacreligous..)Iman glorify Jah in everything I create...Tattoos have also given I an outlet to preach Jah works to people that might not otherwise hear such a truth...It alsos work to Iman advantage that Iman self-employed, using Jah gift onto I to make a living..Iman, though a humble servant of Jah for years, have many questions..Can some of Iman wiser breathen rise up and show I the way
Peace and Love ..Jah Woek

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/22/2004 7:46:26 PM

I have a tattoos on my back.I is of a dragon and a rasta man.I know that it says in the bible that you should not mark the skin, but i did, and i am glad that i did. Under the pictures, there are words writen in ink on my back "follow the way of the lord".It help me when i look at the scares on my body and then come to the one that i lift for my self.Now i do not think that is answer to your question, but i just had to give you a big up cuz everyone has to eat, ya just have to follow jah as you see fit.Let JAh be the judge of that.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/22/2004 10:06:52 PM

It is said that Almighty Haile Selassie I had 2 tattoos. Im against it but I can tell thee I how to live thee they life so I no bicker bout it.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 12/23/2004 10:50:42 AM

InI also have a tattoo..........I got it when I just turn 17........spur of the moment type thing. InI keep on hearing from that time on that tattoos are "the mark of the beast" according to some christian. They cant show me where in the bible it is though. so InI took it upon myself to search it out in the Bible. the mark of the beast is actually the number 666 that they spoke of in the book of revalation in the end time. Honestly InI dont beleive that there is wrong with tattoos, just the form or symbols they can some times take on. Really and truly though I dont know if they are "bad" in general though. Since our bodies are Jah's temple couldnt it be decoration and not vandalism; since the I know themself and know Jah way.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2004 1:04:56 AM

Here is one reference people use in the scriptures

Leviticus 19
28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Jah was telling people not to cut or mark your flesh when they mourn for the dead. This was a common practice in those times and some people still practice it in the present time.

I don't have a tattoo and I wouldn't get one. But I don't think that anybody is doing anything against Jah by having a tatoo. It doesn't make a difference to Jah, it doesn't make you more righteous, or more wicked.

Live for Jah and Jah will be pleased.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/24/2004 9:37:58 AM

Seen Ark I seen. Many Thanks.

This tattoo business is again a belief meant to divide. To get one or not shall be InI self decision. Consult science if InI must to make a well informed decision. Science is not all bad.

Thanks and Praises,

Bergy

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 12/24/2004 11:28:50 AM

A lot of Ethiopian Orthodox Christians have extensive tattoos that are deeply linked with they spirituallity. I have a tattoo of the star of David on my right foot, to symbolize that whenever InI start I trod, SelassieI is leading I way. A lot of people do get tattoos for the wrong reasons though, and one should always make sure that when they do tattoo their skin the right intention is in mind.

One love
Ras John

Messenger: ras j Sent: 1/2/2005 4:58:41 AM

greeting them say that tattoos are the mark of the beast and who missed out that the computer was as well we are living ina serious time the lord shall crown InI with glory but we all make mistakes so we learn from that jah the ruler over all man kind bless

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/2/2005 10:42:47 AM

True the weak must get strong,still , imust say ,times have all ways been hard.So the people must make up there mind.My overstanding is that,people that have been slowly push apart, by war, fammine,
genocide, and different reliegions and still hold up RASTAFARI(not just in speach,but in every day life) are the strong, tatted or not.

onelove

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/12/2005 5:39:24 PM

Yes I, blessings

I have a tatoo on my back of a lion roaring. I plan to get another one over my heart of the Lion of Judah symbol over the Star of David.
I plan also to get one on my solar plexus of the Chinese Charactures for kung fu, which literally translates to "Proficiency through repetition" which means a lot to me personally.
-----I and I beleive that a tattoo is an outward expression of the inner self. If the symbol is something that reminds you to be a way you should be, or for example, a tattoo of one's child.. I think it can be very positive. (Star of David on the foot is a wonderful idea, and a great example of what I'm saying)I also would not judge based on what a tattoo is -because I wouldn't know what it symbolizes to the wearer. For example, a skeleton might remind someone of mortality, or how fragile life can be. A devil might remind a person to stay on the right path --away from that devil, seen? In my humble opinion, a tattoo is very personal to the wearer of the tattoo. I don't think we should desicrate our bodies.. Jah made us how we are.. but they are our bodies, and if you mark yourself in order to help your own growth or remind you of something important to you, why would Jah really mind..... I mean He might not like it, but we're all sinners, and I can think of many sins more harmful to humanity and one's self. -Who does a tattoo hurt?

One Love, Idren Selassie I Bless

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I