Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5286&start_row=1

Evolution true or false?

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ZIonChild Sent: 9/11/2013 6:16:18 PM

What does everyone think of the evolution of human beings? do you think we came from different Species mating? or from adam and eve?

bless

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 9/11/2013 11:27:03 PM

Mankind was created in the image and likeness of God.

However, this doesn't mean that man was the first life form or that previous lifeforms have not evolved and died out over billions of years. The world is approximately 5000 million years old and evolution (the change in gene frequency over time) has certainly occurred in many species throughout this time.

So I think the Truth is somewhere between what the Bible says and what modern scientific theory says.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 9/12/2013 12:19:29 PM

But in the Scriptures it is clearly taught that God formed man from the earth or dust, and that He then breathed life into man, and then man became a living being, and that God commanded man to multiply and fill the earth, and that until this day man has multiplied like that, seen?

So I don't understand why others want to teach their own teachings that contrast God's!

Blessings still..

Messenger: RAS-NATE-1995 Sent: 9/12/2013 2:54:13 PM

Greetings I,

well to answers the I's question:InI as TRUE RASTAFARI no believe in that great CONFUSION called evolution...#

as Bob mention in one interview:"they say we where monkeys,how come monkey no change no more?..."

Ises to the Holy Father JAH RASTAFARI;
BLESSED;

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 9/14/2013 2:43:11 AM

‘Evolution vs. religion,’ as it is often presented, is an unproductive way of viewing this issue. In I sight, neither is fully true or fully false, and wisdom can be found by consideration of the Bible (and other sacred traditions) as well as the theory of evolution. With that said, evolution is not a theory about the origins of life. It is description of physical changes, adaptations, and processes that biological entities need to have in order to continue inhabiting in the various environments of Earth, which partially explains some of the physical properties of different species. Evolution does not say where life came from; it only tells about some observable phenomenon that life forms go through.

Science does not give any moral direction or explain the origins of life. According to the scientific world view, the Universe exploded (out of nothing) and by pure chance, the matter of the cosmos arranged itself (by natural laws that came from nothing), and by infinitesimal odds, life on Earth came into existence. Evolutionary scientists say that the first life was a chemical structure that somehow turned into a single living cell that evolved (from nothing) into every life we know of today. Early life forms were things like bacteria and plankton that somehow (being driven by nothing) turned into fish, insects, reptiles, birds, mammals, and eventually monkeys and then humans.

Now, obviously I and I do not accept this scientific world view, as I consider that events are CAUSED (meaning there is a reason that the Earth was created and there is a Lawgiver), and that life comes from Life. And the fact that life comes from life means that every life on Earth is indeed interrelated and shares the same roots; the Creator who is responsible for Planet Earth. Now, I and I do not think that life came from a random chemical interaction. Because to have an interaction there must be an action and a reaction, which I assume came from more than nothing.

Considering Human evolution from these other species, I do not know and it does not really matter to I. For we were Created nonetheless and all species should be considered and respected, for all life owes it’s existence to the same Source, the Sun of the Sunmaker.

Messenger: Raybob Sent: 9/14/2013 11:40:52 AM

Micro-evolution is true, macro-evolution is false. Jah created each species 'after it's own kind'. Dogs begot dogs, cats begot cats. Dogs can 'micro-evolve' into poodles and great danes, but dogs don't evolve into pigs or cats.

Creation dates back 6K years or so. When Jah created everything, it wasn't created as newborn, but created fully grown. Adan wasn't a newborn, he was big enough to till a garden from day one. Same with everything else. InI sure rocks were created to be millions of years old, on the day they were created.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 9/15/2013 3:53:48 PM

God consciousness of planet earth has evolved though millennia in its manifestations and stayed eternally the same at its source. Through those highly evolved and through personal experience we are able to feel the eternal source and reach closer to it, bringing forward to the one-ness of existence. Evolution may not read like a Roman road map, with linear ranking of species, and is intertwined, we being in co-existence with creation not in dominance over it. Over 99% of species on planet earth have become extinct so what evolutionary theory is based on is a fairly recent snapshot. To state that all living organisms are related by their similar protein chains (DNA) is quite sweet really, we are all physically made of stuff. Scientists like to push boundaries, sometimes for the greater good, sometimes in ways that don’t seem too evolved. Why should religion feel threatened by what scientists present - other than because of the consequences of the power and influence that they hold. Religion historically is an arena for spirituality; mind, emotions and the soul. Scientists can try but they can’t evolve without these intact. Similarly religion should be able to exist without uproar if a concept is challenged, or, say, co-exist without war breaking out.

There have been periods of mass extinction in the past, and there is a high rate of extinction of species at the moment, some a direct result of the actions of humans. We don’t own nature, we are nature, we have consciousness and consciousness has us.
Peace

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 9/15/2013 9:26:47 PM

Here is a Reasoning I made before
=======================
The fact that people make pictures of dragons, monsters, spaceships and other things doesn't necessarily mean they ever saw one.

Look at all the artists in the world, from paintings, sculptures, movies and other mediums and how they make creatures and other things that have never been seen before.

I am not saying that the people in old times didn't see dragons or monsters, but the fact that they made a picture of one doesn't at all mean they actually saw one. Humans have a great capacity for imagination. So no conclusion can be made either way based on paintings, sculptures and other similar things.

If you look at Genesis and compare it to Evolution theory, the order of things are very similar.

[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Evolution theory speaks of the beginning of matter and space

[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
[4] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
[5] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

This seems to suggest that the light came after matter was formed, this part differs from evolution theory. I think evolution theory speaks of the light coming first.

[6] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
[7] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
[8] And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Evolution theory speaks of the atmosphere forming around the time the waters formed.

[9] And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
[10] And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Evolution theory says that the earth was first covered with water and one of the many theories say that at some point a lot of the water boiled away (I think from meteors and other things from space falling to the earth) and uncovered the earth. They claim that there might have been life in the waters before this but they also claim that all that life died when the waters boiled, which makes it possible that no living cell-based organisms existed before this point.

[11] And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
[12] And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[13] And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Evolution theory says that the plants appeared on earth before animals.

[14] And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
[15] And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
[16] And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
[17] And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
[18] And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
[19] And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

The order of this is not the same as evolution theory, it would say that the sun and stars came first.

[20] And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
[21] And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
[22] And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
[23] And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
[24] And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
[25] And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Evolution theory also speaks of all the animals coming some time after plants were formed. And just as evolution theory speaks of animals coming first in the ocean Genesis 1:20 shows the same thing.

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Evolution theory also speaks of man coming into being after many of the other animals were formed.

Evolution theory is just that, a theory. The differences between the order of things in Genesis and the order of things in evolution theory could be a mistake in evolution theory or genesis, I can't say for sure.

But if you look at the overall picture, both sequences of events are very similar.

Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I formed all things.

You said that dinosaurs weren't specifically mentioned, but almost all animals were not specifically mentioned in Genesis, only a few were mentioned by name, the rest were generally refered to as creatures.

However everything came about, Jah RasTafarI must have had a great part, how else could such an amazing system of Life be formed, which always returns to balance.
=======================

Messenger: everton Sent: 9/25/2013 10:12:40 PM

Evolution is just another mode of thought, all is imagination so no conclusion can be made in regards to anything, period. Everything known is imaginary, we are cocoon in a bubble of our own making. Just like a chick in a shell, if it cannot break out in due course it will suffer and die. So it is with man. Man suffers and dies due to his ignorance, death, rebirth and suffering is his lot. The world you see is merely the reflection of yourself, it cannot be an objective world, it is private and exclusive to you. In reality it is all inclusive. There are differences but no separation, separation is created by the mind. In your mind all kind of pictures appear and disappear, know that they are your own creations and watch them silently. All this talk of evolution is only inference, nothing can be known conclusively.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I