Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5237&start_row=1

Id, Ego, Super Ego

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/30/2013 11:00:24 PM

Since I started Trodding and Reasoning with other RasTafarI people around I, I and I never reason with the term such as ego. It is possible that I don't remember correctly and at least one RasTafarI person I know has said it, but it is definitely hardly ever mentioned. I usually only hear of it on the internet or from those around I that are not RasTafarI. I am not saying that all people that use that term are not RasTafarI, but there is a point why I am Reasoning about it.

I and I speak of the Mind and the Irits, but not ego. This talk of ego originates from other people and the concept was made popular by other people. It was Sigmund Freud that first mentioned it. And it has been made popular by multiple philisophical and religious groups.

And when I look at the definition of Id, Ego and Super Ego. I personally want all three, and the Irits on Top of that. And most importantly, Haile Selassie I over all of it. Haile Selassie I created I and I with all these mental qualities and many other mental and Iritual qualities. Everything should be in balance, and Guided by the Most High through the Irits.

Here are the definitions:
---------------------------
Id, ego and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche; they are the three theoretical constructs in terms of whose activity and interaction mental life is described. According to this model of the psyche, the id is the set of uncoordinated instinctual trends; the super-ego plays the critical and moralizing role; and the ego is the organized, realistic part that mediates between the desires of the id and the super-ego. The super-ego can stop you from doing certain things that your id may want you to do.
---------------------------

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/1/2013 4:42:52 PM

Greetings,

From the online etymology dicitionary:

ego (n.)

1714, as a term in metaphysics, from Latin ego "I" (cognate with Old English ic, see I).

Psychoanalytic sense is from 1894;

sense of "conceit" is 1891.

Ego trip first recorded 1969.

----------------------

Ego is more used to mean conceit. It is the I with no I and I; it is the selfish I. Separation mind.

When Satan tried to tempt Yeshua in the desert; Satan was trying to appeal to Yeashua's ego.

Yeshua's ego is one with JAH, I and I, no seperation. Therefore Satan could not tempt Yeshua ego;
because Yeshua had no seperate ego to tempt;
no selfish I.

Same goes for His Majesty. He would not be tricked and tempted by the world powers, Italy, England, etc.

Selassie is one with JAH, and so there was no separate ego to tempt.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 8/2/2013 6:34:16 AM

Greeting I and I

ego is part of a world of discrimination.

I and I don't trod the way of discrimination of any kind.

I and I trod the Truthe and Right and helpfull to those that needs.

I and I trod the Righteousness of MELCHEZIDEK

I and I trod JAH RASTAFARI

SELASSIE I

BLESSED I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/3/2013 12:14:10 AM

I am talking only about the ego as I described it. Not the ego definition that means conceit and arrogance.

Messenger: Sister Sent: 8/3/2013 5:01:25 PM

The famous psychologists theories on personality are just that, theories, descriptions of the inner workings that cannot be scientifically penetrated, only pointed at. Though they may act as a popular, convenient guide and facilitate an understanding, they don't encapsulate truth, but, one man's ideas and impressions of human nature. Id, ego, superego could equate to physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Though psychologists and psychiatrists claim science to validate their theories they are no better equipped to experiment on, investigate and interpret the psyche of their subject matter than the subject themselves. Take interest in what the established views are but don't defer to them above your own instincts.

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/3/2013 9:42:40 PM

Seen Bredren

Messenger: Sister Sent: 8/5/2013 12:27:15 AM

Freud's theory states that the ego forms mental images to satisfy the needs of the 'id' - basic urges to meet survival needs - the ego seeks these images in life, guided by the 'superego' - guiding principles set by familiar moral standards or conscience.
The capitalist system uses psychology as a tool to manipulate consumer behaviour, appealing to the base urges through the images the ego holds onto, creating desires and addictions, feeding the emotions. If you make yourself aware of this you can detach yourself from having ego driven behaviour, and buying into a system that seeks to exploit rather than edify the human family.
Peace

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 8/5/2013 4:05:35 AM

Greetings all

Agreed sister, very wise words.

While I can see the tendency to do so, I do not find it necessary to split the human psyche up into competing parts. The "Cartesian/Western" philosophical and psychological worldviews are much too complicated and dualistic for I and I liking. They always seem to have competing parts like "reason vs. emotion" or in this case, "id, ego and superego." In I and I sight, We all have basic needs and desires, and we each need to uphold good discretion and responsibility in order to live a balanced life. The goal is exemplary discretion between our wants and our needs. RasTafarI simplicity has always appealed to I the most: Live with Love, Respect, and Consideration towards Jah's Creation.

All these theories seem to do is try to decipher "what matters more", or how to define life-processes, but since it all matters, dividing up consciousness into specific parts and roles is beside the point. The higher vantage Overstanding hath revealed that holistic interconnectedness is reality, rather than psycologic linguistic explanations.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 8/6/2013 4:54:04 AM

Id Ego Super Ego Smcheedo is not True.

They are Dissing the Most HIGH with Ego Schmeego

I and I and All I Drens is made of Irit and not ego.

JAH BLESS I AND I IDRENS

JAH RASTAFARI

WE ARE RASTAS

AND WE ARE MADE OF RASTAS not egos.

Thats about it. don't let the babylon come crashing down on you and claim you are ego.

I and I MELCHEZIDEK KNOWS THE RIGHTEOUS WAYS IS RASTAFARI AND WE ARE MADE OF RASTAS

one day the black mon and womon will realize how much value the black idrens is.
We are all black and we are all made of RASTAFARI.

We are all Children of the most High and has got nothing to do with ego.

Ego is a Diss.

Jah is a blessings to I and I

Jah Bless

The RIGHTEOUS Humans

MELCHEZIDEK

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/6/2013 7:37:31 PM

Yes I, Iman Bo. Those classifications are not based on reality, they are just theories.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I