Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5237&start_row=11

Id, Ego, Super Ego

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 8/7/2013 9:04:16 PM

I don't much like Fraud, but I looked into this some more and this is what I found.

The id is our impulse responding to our instincts to eat, mate, and so on. Left to it's own devices, the id would try and fulfill it's desires regardless of the outcome. It is only concerned with getting what it wants.

The ego also seeks to fulfill the same impulses of the id, however it is concerned with how it gets what it wants.

The ego has been partially constructed by society, so the ego knows that it just can't take what it wants, and so the ego reasons and thinks of realistic ways of satisfying it's desire.

The superego embodies the morals and values of a person's society and uses these to keep the id in check and to persuade the ego to be moral.

The superego is made up of two systems: The conscience and the ideal self.

One thing the conscience can do is make the ego feel guilty if it gives into the id's impulses.

The ideal self is how a person thinks they should be.

If a person goes against the image of the ideal self, then the superego can make them feel guilty. However if a person acts accordingly to the ideal self, then the superego will reward us with good feelings about ourselves.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/8/2013 6:40:16 PM

According to Frued the ego is that entity of us that is between the body and the soul, mediating the balance of the two, the father and the son, the God and the man, IandI , oneness and equilibrium.

Its all good when the egos will is surrender to Jah will.

ego is like the filiment of a light bulb(the part that lights up, its how we express the divine through a animal body.)
The filiment is not all we are though, the ego(false i )is not all we are but the light bulb and filiment is nothing without the whole wiring system and the source of energy the power plant(zion) and beyond....That who we are not just the ego

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I