Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5206&start_row=1

Rastafari losing tread

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/2/2013 12:10:30 AM

There is so much confusion amidst I AND I. How can we eliminate this? We shoulda organized and centralised a long long long long long time ago. One of the beauties of Rastafarian faith is finding the truth for yourself. But it is also becoming a curse. Ppl are fighting against conformity. One man wants to be a gangsta ras while the next man wants to just sit around and marvel at a portrait of jah without putting any works into the movement. It's sad. One of the blessings of the King is he leaves our destiny to ourselves. But seem ppl take that mile and leap ten more and end up in desolation. I love how the King said that the best way to eradicate poverty is by work. He said that rich and poor have always existed and always will. Why? Because there are those that prefer to work and those that to prefer to sit and do nothing. Those that sit and do nothing are not to be maligned by being called lazy. I n I are more United than the Christians the Muslims and the other ways of life combined but we should preserve that and stop downplaying other Ras for asking questions. I'm talkin bout legit Ras who think about how they can better the movement in their sleep, who go out of their way to teach the youths truth and don't just smoke ganja all day. Those who acquire wisdom and don't implement it into other ppl's lives are just rendering it worthless and blemishing the good name of wisdom. We all see and know Solomon and Jesus is black, and Selassie is black and will always be I AND I KING but some are manipulating the King and His words to fulfill their own selfish desires and support their own vain causes. Ppl in this world are so confused abt Rastafari. And it's killing I n I day by day. We are quick to smite another Ras that nyam meat but what about them that go out n kill and then turn around and call on Selassie I name??? Selassie nah come fi forgive Selassie I come fi judge! We should want nice things. We should want nice well groomed locks and a nice car to drive and a nice house to live in! We should stop settling for less...His Majesty set the example by living in a palace. I n I royal ppl of jah should hav the same aspirations! Cause only royalty can see the Issence of the true nature of Selassie !!! Straight up!!! We are royalty we are sons and daughters of Selassie nd we should lead I n I lives as such nd inspire youths in the ghetto to work hard and attain greatness.

Highly Selassie High
burningbush

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/2/2013 6:46:26 AM

One mind I and I must have Idren, because I was in the same place when I wrote this last night:

Division in RastafarI has to shred
Haile I know, that's not the way ahead
More love between Binghi and Bobo dread
More Reasoning and breaking of bread
More trust, it shouldn't have to be said
But it's like Selassie I some never read
And some folly they went to study instead
Its more than time for that to shed
Armagideon war, the times are really red
And from the mansions, plenty youths have fled
With good reason, their needs are not fed
Instead on slippery ground some Elders tread
Like they're sliding down Mt. Zion on a sled
Come I and I build a palace, not a shed
With many mansions as One, not misled
So it's not in vain the Incients bled

From the Roots, every branch did spread
So Nyahbinghi is and always will be head
One two fire order burn babylon red
Slay the dragon, blaze it and behead
All black and white downpressors must dead
Aged protected, sick nourished, hungry fed
Youths guided, educated, blind led
Truth and right must not be unsaid
And no Rastaman should ever be unread
Man and wombman balance, everyOne should be wed
But some will take just anyone in their bed
Then preach about being pure African bred
And try burning fire on Ones interbred
Each to their own, but hypocrisy is dead
We all know the Most High is not overhead
In His steps alone I and I should tread

Although don't expect Iman personally to groom I locks. Each to their own, and I have a heartical Idren who fixes up and maintains locks with his Empress, but I am a congo natty dread with no apology.
That's besides the point though, and trust, I see plenty of con-fusion here in England among I and I. Plenty division and foolishness with Ones shouting 'fire' on other Ones for not following their idea of an order, which they have never made clear and doesn't resemble any kind of order. No surprise there are plenty of youths with the mind to ignore the mansions completely and do their own thing.

The only mansion or house I see maintaining any kind of clear and set Righteous order is the EABIC, Bobo Shanti, and more love and respect to them, I will probably take up that turban in due time, but even in Sabbath service I hear a couple of divisive word sounds from certain priests towards next mansions and organisations in a time when I and I should be Reasoning beyond these things and coming together as One.

Come I and I burn more real purification fire on and among I and Iselves so I and I can move forward in One order.

Give thanks that with the Most High Haile Selassie I, I and I will never loose tread and always rise. I just pray more Ones and Ones look to His example rather than Bob Marley or whoever else.

Blessed love

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/2/2013 4:08:54 PM

Good points on implementing wisdom, employment, and I agree Bobo Shanti have clarity and focus. His Majesty's Kingly character, isn't this more to sight aspiration than his palace, car, his presence way beyond these 'things'? Rasta isn't easy to institutionalise, or centralise, but to push on forward is essential. Nothing wrong with wanting to live in comfort but nothing wrong with aspiring to be more humble also, that is, live without reference to what is established to be 'nice'.
Peace.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/2/2013 7:55:48 PM

Yes I Sister. I and I shouldn't necessarily be seeking flashy cars (but His Majesty had the flashiest, trust), but it's a situation right now (here at least) where most among I and I, especially among the youth, have only two feet as transport to Manifest the works. Last time I went Bobo service, I hitch-hiked there and back more than 200 miles each way, because even a train or coach fare to London was beyond I budget and money isn't running in I and I community. Even when I did link I Sister in London who does have transport, I didn't have the spare change to lend her a strength towards fuel to carry I and I, let alone to eat on road. Good thing I was holding a fast for most of the time and the Bobo did provide food after the service.

The works struggle for funding, and last time I did go to a Nyahbinghi meeting, the Elders had to print off the account details and hand it round to make the point of how little money was there and who exactly was putting their money where their mouth was. I won't go into detail, but there was only just enough to provide for and run the next Ises, and then the money would have been done.

I and I have to aspire for greater than this, because no matter how long I and I can endure the poverty and economic downpression, it has to end some time, and babylon are not going to be the ones to end it.

Blessed love

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/2/2013 10:07:07 PM

Bless up sister. I feel what you are saying, but notice what Selassie I did when the Italians invaded Ethiopia-He went to the churches of lalibela and prayed for the deliverance of His country! This is one way that His Majesty lived humbly while at the same time living in luxury! You see, His Majesty has a balance. Jah said that spiritual as well as material progress is essential to man. One cannot manifest without the other. His Majesty sat upon the Throne. Many ppl suffered and some ppl wish to blame Him for this but He had given instructions for His ppl and that was to WORK! the same mentality plagues I n I as His prophets, His priests, or His soldiers. We ah de RASTA, live as such!

Nazarite_I: the I locks can be well groomed while Congo locks at the same time. I think I hav seen a picture before of the I locks and they are nice and well groomed. Seen! People should stop venerating Bob Marley as God. He is not God. He is a reggae singer. He did nuff good and nuff bad. I believe during his life he was financially supporting half of Jamaica people but yet still he was an adulterer and just a man. His Majesty is a Man of Right and is the Most High God but ppl would rather worship Bob. Peter Tosh and his music was just as powerful. Same with Jacob Miller, Hugh Mundell, Linval Thompson, Augustus Pablo, etc. But do they love them like they do Marley??? No.

But why???

I n I should hav cars to drive to get to I n I binghi meets nd such so that I n I can hav the same spiritual nourishment other ppl supposedly have. I n I should hav hot water in I n I shower just like baldhead bredren if we so wish to have that. I n I should hav the grounds nd opportunity to show others that I n I are indeed educated. I n I should b given equal rights wit other aspiring employees but the system seh that by wearing locks that I n I are pushing I n I religious beliefs onto others in the workplace! WHAT. What about Jehovah's witnesses knocking on our doors offering us pamphlets and free samples of their hyperreligious ways?

And from there I'll continue to daydream....

Highly Selassie High
Burning Bush

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 7/3/2013 4:35:32 PM

Burningbush
The I said Rastafari said ' those that sit and do nothing are not to be maligned by being called lazy". This is not true RasTafarI said..... " If he fails to accomplish the task on which he has set out, having worked to the best of his ability, he is not to be maligned by being called lazy".

Jah is showing InI that all he expects is our best. Rastafari said... "Work is one of the commandments of Our Lord the Creator!"

Blessed Love
---------

Words of RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I
Select more words from RasTafarI

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=work

Work

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

Every labourer is a father, his labour is his child. Choose your project carefully and achieve it worthily.

Once a person has decided upon his life work and is assured that in doing the work for which he is best endowed and equipped, he is filling a vital need, what he then needs, is faith and integrity, compiled with courageous spirit so that no longer preferring himself to the fulfilment of his task, he may address himself to the problems he must solve in order to be effective.

Rich and poor have always existed and always will.

Why? Because there are those that work and those that don't, those that wish to earn their living and those that prefer to do nothing.

Those that work, that want to work, are not poor. For it is true that Our Lord the Creator sends us into the world as equals, but it is also true that when one is born one is neither rich nor poor. One is naked.

It is later on that one becomes rich or poor, according to one's desserts.

Yes, we too are aware that giving alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem. work.

We have said that whoever doesn't work because he doesn't want to is poor. We have said that wealth has to be gained through hard work. We have said those who don't work starve. And now We add that the capacity to earn depends on the individual: Each individual is responsible for his misfortunes, his fate. It is wrong to expect help to fall from above, as a gift: Wealth has to be deserved. Work is one of the commandments of Our Lord the Creator!

If each and everyone endeavours to cooperate and work in as much as his capacity permits, our faith rests upon the Almighty God that he would bless the results for us.

It is not sufficient simply to see and admire the natural beauty and fertility of Ethiopia.

It is our obligation to work upon and benefit from this country whose fertile soil has been granted us by the Almighty God. We have to gain honour and pride for the country.

Whatever the task may be, man may begin it but he cannot complete it, unless God sustains and supports him. If he fails to accomplish the task on which he has set out, having worked to the best of his ability, he is not to be maligned by being called lazy.

Words of Ras TafarI

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/3/2013 4:51:03 PM

Yes I!!! Thank you for the correction!!! You get the essence of the message tho correct?
And I love that speech of Jah.

"It is not sufficient to simply see and admire the beauty and fertility of Ethiopia."

"Those that work,that want to work, are not poor. For it is true Our Lord the Creator sends us into the Earth as equals. It is also true that when one is born one is neither rich or poor. One is naked".

Shouldn't these wordsounds from Jah lips have more credibility within Rastafari??? Instead I n I are ALWAYS repeating the War speech and the New Race speech, etc. If any of I n I become famous singers, make THIS SPEECH INTO A SONG!!!

Highly Selassie High
Burning bush

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 7/3/2013 5:15:16 PM

Yes I, work is a must as Haile Selassie I says, and who will do the works will do the works, but I see plenty of youths and Elders out there doing the works and seeing no return for their endeavors within the RastafarI community. The situation seems to be that to support I and Iselves (here in babylon at least), I and I have to look outside of RastafarI, because there is little pay or lasting and tangible progress for works within and towards the upliftment of RastafarI. I have never asked any, and will work regardless, but it would be more uplifting for all of I and I if I and I supported One another more on both a material, economic level and a spiritual level.
I hear plenty of talk among I and I about "oh how come the Sikhs/Muslims/Christians/Hindus/Jews have all their own shops and big buildings to gather and worship in, but Rasta has nothing?" and the straight answer is; because they work for it, support it and build within their community. RastafarI people talk about that kind of thing a lot, but when it comes down to it, plenty among I and I don't put their money where their mouth is, even when it comes to supporting Binghi to put on Ises to make sure the spiritual base is covered. I was actually shocked and angry when I saw how few were actually supporting the Ises with regular Itributions, because most were Elders who are leading the thing anyway. Plenty times too I've seen a Rastaman set up shop, but no one spends any money there and so within a few months, the man is broke from the running costs and the shop has to close, leaving the Idren feeling defeated and alienated because no one did support him, and those who would have had no money to spend for similar reasons. That isn't universally true, but it seems to I like the successful works aren't linked up and actually coming together to build, expand and maintain the community and support something outside of their own enterprise.
Maybe that is just how things run in babylon, but that should never stop I and I from aspiring and moving forward through whatever tribulation and ridding I and Iselves of this 'every man for himself' mentality that slaves plenty in this rat race system. More Inity and solidarity among I and I is a must if I and I ever hope to rouse those who are not working out of their slumber for the benefit of RastafarI.

And I don't know what photo that was the I saw Idren burningbush, but I just let the Most High groom I locks, keep them clean with pure water and oil them when they need it. I can't afford to pay I Idren who fixes them up as his business anyway, but he makes just enough to get by and pay his rent and food from it along with some next things on the side.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/6/2013 10:45:48 PM

It is sad how seldom I and I support one another. I would have thought that if a Rasta Man or Woman want to buy something or pay for a service, and they had access to another Rasta, then they would surely deal with them. But often that is not the case.

It is because people don't follow the Teachings and Example of Marcus, Emmanuel and Selassie I, if they did, I and I would be in a different position now.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 7/9/2013 10:25:42 AM

Yes I. And I and I all have to learn a trade so I and I can support one another!! Business between RASTAFARI ppls is a must in this ya Iwa!!

Selassie I, Marcus Mosiah I, Holy Immanuel I
JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I