Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5192&start_row=1

New to the livity but not stupid

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 6/17/2013 2:13:14 PM

I was reasoning with a bredren and he said emmanuel not the black christ, Jah is the name of demons and he call Jah iah because before bob marley passed he stopped saying jah. I'm like Emmanuel is the back Christ he fulfill the prophecy of revelation and he was proving the prophecy even more by denying the black Christ. And I'm like idk if ppl say jah is the name of a demon but I know when I say it I am talking about Jah Rastafari alpha and omega the last emperor of ethiopian and if someone is using blasphemy and cursing Jah name Jah will burn fyah. And I didn't say this but I thought it after. I'm like you seem to put bob marley over Jah if you stop using his name because of what bob said. But ultimately I said what I believe and I may not know everything but I know truth from lies. I told him we have differences but i didn't come to argue but bring peace. He got mad because he was kinda like whatever and got off Facebook.

How would you all have handled this and is there something I could have done better.

Messenger: Iman Bo Sent: 6/17/2013 3:01:52 PM

Greetings

As far as I am aware, the name JAH originates from the Name of the Creator given in the Hebrew Tanakh---YHWH (the Hebrew characters Yod He Waw He) which the original pronunciation is said to be unknown or forbidden to speak. In English, these letters can also be represented as either YHVH or JHVH, and other translations include "Yahweh" or the Latin word "Jahovah." In the Torah, YHWH is usually substituted with "Elohim" or "Adonai" (which translates to "Lord" in English). Rastafari Brethren and Sistren use the name Jah in reference to this Holy Name, and also to the ancient Hebrew praise HALLELUJAH!

Itinual praises to the Most High Jah
Giver of goodness and mercy

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 6/17/2013 6:32:35 PM

Seen, thats what i thought.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 6/17/2013 8:25:22 PM

Any man who has actually looked into who Emmanuel Charles Edwards is knows that the Man is who He is. This Idren does not sound like he has.

Really I think it matters not what I and I call the Most High by; I will use Iyah and Jah interchangeably in casual conversation, and Jah is certainly not the name of a demon. I put no faith in such things as demons when I know for fact that a man of right is God in flesh and a man of wrong is Satan, and Haile Selassie I and His wife Menen Asfaw are a Man and Woman of exemplary right.

I do not know what Bob Marley said about the word Jah (certainly he used it), but the I is right that I and I should not be watching what Bob Marley was teaching when the man was only pointing to the example of Haile Selassie I. That people take up the words of a reggae singer more readily than the teachings and example of the King of Kings is a sign of the con-fusion that has been mixed up with RastafarI. If people were to follow the example of Bob Marley, they would end up in the same folly as the man himself, and whatever his achievements, his folly was also great. I see no folly in Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I.

More health and strength I Sister, keep shining truth and right, love and light for Ivermore.

Blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/18/2013 10:14:30 PM

In most European countries, J is a Y sound, and most Europeans pronounce Jesus as Yesus.

So Jah is Yah.

God has been called many different names. If a person is calling on God in Trueness, god will know who that person is speaking to, whether they say Jah ot Yah.

Messenger: jahmyking Sent: 6/19/2013 7:25:59 PM

yes, i know about Yah and Jah i mean he was saying something differenet and it wasnt the fact that he called Jah by a different name it was the fact that he said Jah was the name of a demon

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/20/2013 9:57:44 PM

People sometimes manufacture connections or stories to support the view they are bringing forth. I have heard some other people say something similar, but always on specious grounds.

The reason I mentioned Jah and Yah is because that is the true explanation of it. It is a simple thing. I also mentioned Jesus and Yesus, and some say Hesus, which is another simple thing because in latin countries, the J makes an H sound.

People sometimes get carried away with complications made in their mind instead of accepting the simple truth.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/21/2013 1:24:59 AM

Call the greatest power , the divine one,
the great I am:that I am
Any of his 72+ names

No matter what ya game ya like to say as and individual(a fitting for iveryone) Jah Rastafari is saving, giving freedom , justice, liberation, repartriation, truth and purpose to Jah People

It's the the word but the meaning and how much one really means it with his spirit, for each one communes with Jah in spirit not in English or Amaric or any earthy language......

But the spirit can fill words and give them life when INI speak them(activating them)

One love One Unity

Word sound power

HAILE SELASSIE I

Messenger: Warrior Dove Sent: 6/21/2013 2:56:23 AM

Psalm 68:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.

Sing unto GOD by His name JAH!
This is the Most Highs name regardless of any demon claims.

Blessed Love,
Warrior Dove

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I